Miami was PUMPING

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
When it's on, which isn't often, it's world class.

On top of that it's in a highly populated city that's an easy plane flight that doesn't get waves all that often let alone pump so it gets incredibly crowded. You're sharing with lots of kooks, some decent surfers, and plenty of pro'z from grade C to WCT. And everyone is rabidly hungry.

Hands down the most dangerous lineup I've experienced. A total circus where nobody gives a f*ck.

Already packed, not even that great, and the sun isn't even up, which is the norm:

Last edited:
Reactions: dk1973 and hammies

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
When it's on, which isn't often, it's world class.

On top of that it's in a highly populated city that's an easy plane flight that doesn't get waves all that often let alone pump so it gets incredibly crowded. You're sharing with lots of kooks, some decent surfers, and plenty of pro'z from grade C to WCT. And everyone is rabidly hungry.

Hands down the most dangerous lineup I've experienced. A total circus where nobody gives a f*ck.

Already packed, not even that great, and the sun isn't even up, which is the norm:

I got there at around 8:30 A.M. and it was was significantly larger than that video. Somehow I talked my wife into letting me go even though we had a 1 P.M. checkout.

it was every bit of 6-8 foot. Bigger than I could ever imagine Florida getting. The locals on the beach were coming up with some classic excuses on why they couldn't paddle out - "My board's too small, it's too unorganized, my leash will snap out there, etc." I honestly don't blame them though...it was heavy.

So that normal South Beach crowd you're referring to was non-existant. There was probably 25 guys out for 2 hours. Whitewater surging to the bushes. A north to south current pushing you 100 yards in 3 minutes until you made it out to the lineup. It was just an epic day. The sort of day guys will be kicking themselves in the head for years for chickening out on.

Attachments

taking one in

Nep status
Jun 16, 2008
I checked the cams a couple times. Lots of dudes on it early. Later, it looked much bigger and wild with only a few guys on it. The crazy thing was that there were several South Florida spots that were virtually flat while that was all happening. It was like all of the fetch had been pointed directly to that beach.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
It's crazy that it'll be flat for 355 days (or more) and then one day it's 6 to 8 foot a frame kegs for 2 hours. Sand must be packed in and flat there.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
It's crazy that it'll be flat for 355 days (or more) and then one day it's 6 to 8 foot a frame kegs for 2 hours. Sand must be packed in and flat there.
Probably more like 340 days.:socrazy:

South Point Jetty is massive and the predominant current pushes south so it collects huge amounts of sand so yes it's primed.