Miami Dolphins

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I was hoping Chase Young would miraculously fall to number5, with that being said I do like Tua over Herbert though.

Bullnutts

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 14, 2004
Hawai'i
I would take Tua over Burrow. Yeah Tua had the injuries but he has way more history of being an above average to great quarterback in college than Burrow does. At the quarterback position, I would not bet my future on a one year performance, no matter how great it was. And he will be running for his life in Cincinnati. Steelers, Ravens, and Browns defenses are no jokes. I would let Dalton run the show this year before starting Burrow. Dolphins can sit Tua this year, let him fully heal if they have any questions, learn from Fitzpatrick and learn the system, etc. Tua is in a way better situation than Burrow is. Dolphins have the pieces.

Trump2020

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 26, 2020
I’m just happy that Philip Rivers has finally left the Chargers. Good riddance.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I think Dan Fouts was the last good QB to come out of Oregon. Mariota was afforded more excuses than any other starting QB in his class, and now he'll be a one and done for the Raiders. I'm to old to switch teams, although I came close last year, I just don't see Tua as a NFL QB.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I think Dan Fouts was the last good QB to come out of Oregon. Mariota was afforded more excuses than any other starting QB in his class, and now he'll be a one and done for the Raiders. I'm to old to switch teams, although I came close last year, I just don't see Tua as a NFL QB.
I would rather have Mariota as a backup than Nathan Peterman.

Can Ruggs be the next Tyreek Hill? We will see. Guy has wheels. And it's heartening to see the Raiders draft the fastest player available. The spirit of Al lives on.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Tua is trying to come back from a serious injury, Miami took a big risk. Captain Obvious....out

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I would take Tua over Burrow. Yeah Tua had the injuries but he has way more history of being an above average to great quarterback in college than Burrow does. At the quarterback position, I would not bet my future on a one year performance, no matter how great it was. And he will be running for his life in Cincinnati. Steelers, Ravens, and Browns defenses are no jokes. I would let Dalton run the show this year before starting Burrow. Dolphins can sit Tua this year, let him fully heal if they have any questions, learn from Fitzpatrick and learn the system, etc. Tua is in a way better situation than Burrow is. Dolphins have the pieces.
Nobody was ever going to be great in LSU's old scheme. I am not as high on Burrow or Tua (because of injury) as everyone else, but I'd throw out his Junior year at LSU. The 18-1 Patriots could have gone 8-4 avg 180 yards/game passing with that trash. Seriously any middle-school kid who had every played catch and had Madden on his PSP could have called a more creative, progressive, productive offense.

Florida plays LSU every year in the cross-division SEC game. The LSU offenses from 2016-2018 might as well have been starting a gourmet meal by rubbing two sticks together vs a full gas chef's kitchen.

Reactions: johnson7

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I would rather have Mariota as a backup than Nathan Peterman.

Can Ruggs be the next Tyreek Hill? We will see. Guy has wheels. And it's heartening to see the Raiders draft the fastest player available. The spirit of Al lives on.
I'm not sure he can be the next Tyreek Hill, but he could be the next Antonio Brown?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I wasn't comparing Tua to Mariota. My brother in law is a HS coach in Hawaii and they call it the Mariota Effect: all the local kids want to play QB like Marcus, leading to an uptick in quality QB's from Hawaii like Tua, Mckenzie Milton (UCF) and Jordan Taamu (Ole Miss, XFL).