Mexico - Keep on truckin'!

thrillkicker

Nep status
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-violence/mobile-morgue-angers-mexicans-as-drug-war-corpses-overwhelm-authorities-idUSKCN1LX2F2

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Two trailers now. What would the “people” have them do? Leave the bodies out in the sun to rot?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
EO, do your American friends ever drive down from the US?

Do you ever drive up?

How is that drive?

Here in Norte America it feels like if one were to drive down one would die for sure.

But I bet if one were careful one might survive.

Como no?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Autoprax said:
EO, do your American friends ever drive down from the US?

Do you ever drive up?

How is that drive?

Here in Norte America it feels like if one were to drive down one would die for sure.

But I bet if one were careful one might survive.

Como no?
A few, those that stay more than a month.

No. I flew up 5 years ago.

Long, but much easier than it was 20 years ago.

No.

Frankly, I’d be more skitzed out driving up there.

The issue is what to do with the unidentified/unidentifiable remains that the morgues can’t handle. When the remains are identifiable and there’s no next of kin the remains go to the “fosa común”.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Paul Theroux's next book is about his road trips driving around Mexico in his own car crossing at Texas.

That should be a fun read.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Autoprax said:
Paul Theroux's next book is about his road trips driving around Mexico in his own car crossing at Texas.

That should be a fun read.
I’m a big fan of his work. Should be interesting.

The original post is not atypical of how things are done here at the state and local government. Something fvcks up and somebody’s head is gonna roll. We call that the “chivo expiatorio” (the staked goat).

This is a news grabber but a pimple on an elephants ass compared to what’s really going wrong.

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Mexico is such a cool place in so many ways, and the cost of living makes it a very attractive destination. But the continued cartel violence and government corruption scare the hell out of me.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
My Wife's great uncle lives in Guadalajara and they do the drive at least once a year and says it's a piece of cake.

We need to go visit him before it's too late. I guess he owns a lake house too. It would be fun to combine that with a trip to the coast.