Mexican Food in Long Beach, CA?

Dudebro

Nep status
Jul 17, 2007
Oceanside
Where to get good Mexican food in Long Beach? Any suggestions?

Other types of food is an option. Maybe Thai or anything just plain good.

Thanks.

Witchipoo

Michael Peterson status
Jun 16, 2010
East of Malibu
There's a place on Fourth called (I think) Tito's? Just takeout, but them's some good tacos.
Don't know the address, but it's close to Orange.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
what are you looking for? familyish? high roller upper end? trucks? slightly more inland i can send you to some crazy good places....but if long beach is the call, skip the mexican food and go to beachwood bbq.

if mexican sea food is calling, playa amor in LB gets rave reviews. i hear lolas is pretty good.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
Lola’s is good for higher end foodie Mexican food, and I don’t mean that in a bad way.

Los Compadres on Anaheim for a more classic sit down place.

Thai— I can’t think of anything but I’ve heard good things about Phnom Penh Noodle Shack on Cherry if you want to try Cambodian food, haven’t been there myself though.

Green Field for Brazilian bbq on PCH, been a while since I’ve been there but it was good last time I went.

Beachwood BBQ is a good call too.

tacos

Michael Peterson status
Feb 12, 2006
LB —> SF
20w-50, what inland places you got? I’m moving back down to LB from South Bay next week and cheaper rent means more $$ for food and :beer: for me.

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
Lots of options, dependant on where you're going to be and when
DM your # if you want some info

Enriques- 2 locations high end on PCH, low budget in Northtown on Artesia
My favorite Thai is Coconut Rabbit in Los Alamitos
Panvinmarn on Carson
I heard good things about this place Phnom Penh Noodle Shack on Cherry

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
compadres is THE post alex's bar gig grinds!!!!!

tacos...if you are interested, say the word and 40 mins from LB i can take you on a tour that owudl blow your F#*(#*(# mind, all the wya from high end fancy paisa food to a KILLER night time taco truck al pastor awesomeness to mariscos and everything in between. while living inland sucks....i'm minutes away from paisa food ecstasy

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Rivera's on 7th for sit down

Tqueria la mexicana on 4th for tacos

The Attic on broardway, short rib poutine, fried chicken , and pot pie ( my favorite spot in the LBC)

And don't sleep on Uncle Fung Borneo eatery on 7th by the target , nomnom

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
test_article said:
Is there any menudo or barbacoa de cabeza in Long Beach?
As a matter of fact, yes. The last place I ate in California was in Long Beach, can’t remember the name but it was next to a tire store, and they had that and more. Not texmex, no globs of velveta cheese on everything.