Menthol cigarettes - done?

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
In Freudian psychology, oral fixation is caused by unmet oral needs in early childhood. This creates a persistent need for oral stimulation, causing negative oralbehaviors (like using dip) in adulthood.

Reactions: mundus

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The book/series The Leftovers has a cult-like group called The Guilty Remnant, and they all smoke. It was really strange to see so many people smoking on screen at one time. I'm almost surprised they allowed it to happen. Smoking has so much stigma attached to it these days. It's pretty comical at first sight: a bunch of people dressed in white, who have taken a vow of silence, chain-smoking. Cracked me up.

The show is pretty good until the very end.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The book/series The Leftovers has a cult-like group called The Guilty Remnant, and they all smoke. It was really strange to see so many people smoking on screen at one time. I'm almost surprised they allowed it to happen. Smoking has so much stigma attached to it these days. It's pretty comical at first sight: a bunch of people dressed in white, who have taken a vow of silence, chain-smoking. Cracked me up.

The show is pretty good until the very end.
I found it annoying but there were a couple of episodes where it was what it aspired to be.

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
In Freudian psychology, oral fixation is caused by unmet oral needs in early childhood. This creates a persistent need for oral stimulation, causing negative oralbehaviors (like using dip) in adulthood.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

This is the government killing someone over a loitering law.

If Eric Garner finds a building to sell cigs in front of where the owner doesn't care, the cops aren't called (for the umpteenth time) and he's still alive.

If you legalize selling loose cigarettes, but you don't legalize loitering, the cops still get called on Eric Garner on a weekly basis, they still have a contentious relationship, etc.

Kind of worth re-iterating. The cops weren't on patrol and went after Eric Garner. They were summoned. By a property owner. Over and over and over and over again.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This is the government killing someone over a loitering law.

If Eric Garner finds a building to sell cigs in front of where the owner doesn't care, the cops aren't called (for the umpteenth time) and he's still alive.

If you legalize selling loose cigarettes, but you don't legalize loitering, the cops still get called on Eric Garner on a weekly basis, they still have a contentious relationship, etc.

Kind of worth re-iterating. The cops weren't on patrol and went after Eric Garner. They were summoned. By a property owner. Over and over and over and over again.

NYPD officers approached Garner on July 17 on suspicion of selling single cigarettes from packs without tax stamps.
Don’t believe wiki?

On July 17, 2014, two New York Police Department officers confront Eric Garner, a 43-year-old African American father of six, for illegally selling cigarettes.

Upon arrival at the scene, New York Police Department officers confronted Garner and accused him of illegally selling individual cigarettes, or “loosies.”

Jan 14, 2019
Hi, I have been a smoker for over five years, and I recently started thinking to switch to vaping, especially nicotine-free vapes. Has anyone tried them, and more importantly, where do you get them?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
It's just another of the OBiden regime's totalitarian moves to outlaw new categories of human endeavor. If everything is illegal then he won't need any excuse to throw you up against the wall.

Reactions: Havoc