Menthol cigarettes - done?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If you think that tabacco is equally addictive as alcohol, you're being willfully obtuse.

That's fine, you're still wrong.

85% of people drink alcohol in the US, less than 7% become alcoholics.

With tobacco, the number of addicts would be in the high 90%
Do you drink?

If so stop. See how it goes.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I don't get why bring alcohol into the conversation if it's not equally addictive. :unsure:

It's a terrible comparison, tho not as bad as heroin. :roflmao:
So now the addictive quality is the only comparable point. OK then. Caffeine.

Quitting smoking withdrawals, and they are strong for most, last maybe 3-5 days.

Caffeine lasts weeks.

Also, YOU said alcohol isn't addictive, but it can become addictive over time. No one else has said that.

Jesus fcvk. Just to make things more confusing:

"Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition)
Is there a difference between physical dependence and addiction?

Yes. Addiction—or compulsive drug use despite harmful consequences—is characterized by an inability to stop using a drug; failure to meet work, social, or family obligations; and, sometimes (depending on the drug), tolerance and withdrawal. The latter reflect physical dependence in which the body adapts to the drug, requiring more of it to achieve a certain effect (tolerance) and eliciting drug-specific physical or mental symptoms if drug use is abruptly ceased (withdrawal). Physical dependence can happen with the chronic use of many drugs—including many prescription drugs, even if taken as instructed. Thus, physical dependence in and of itself does not constitute addiction, but it often accompanies addiction. This distinction can be difficult to discern, particularly with prescribed pain medications, for which the need for increasing dosages can represent tolerance or a worsening underlying problem, as opposed to the beginning of substance use or addiction."

If the above definition of addiction is to be used then tobacco doesn't make addicts, just physical dependents. I doubt very many people lose their jobs over tobacco use.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
caffeine withdrawal is intense (severe headache and weird visual changes for me), but it didn't last more than a couple of days (for me).

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
caffeine withdrawal is intense (severe headache and weird visual changes for me), but it didn't last more than a couple of days (for me).
Weird, I had zero issues dropping caffeine for a year.

Now I have a new espresso machine.:coffee::poop:

Pig Benis

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 16, 2002
Now I have a new espresso machine.:coffee::poop:
A new espresso machine AND an inability to admit you were wrong.

Wow.

Do you drive a BMW? Or maybe a Porsche.

Why do you love White Privilege SO much?

Come on Plastic.

You can do this.

I

WAS

Wr...

Wr... ooooo

wro... wron... wrong.

I was wrong.

I WAS wrong!!!

I WAS WRONG!!!

I WAS WRONG!!!

Doesn't that feel good?

Try it. The truth shall set you free!!

• Haha
Reactions: Your Moms Dildo

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
A new espresso machine AND an inability to admit you were wrong.

Wow.

Do you drive a BMW? Or maybe a Porsche.

Why do you love White Privilege SO much?

Come on Plastic.

You can do this.

I

WAS

Wr...

Wr... ooooo

wro... wron... wrong.

I was wrong.

I WAS wrong!!!

I WAS WRONG!!!

I WAS WRONG!!!

Doesn't that feel good?

Try it. The truth shall set you free!!
Suck it

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I bet there are smokers who would disagree.

Im so glad I never started
Only a smoker knows the feeling, and that's not to brag, but it's a nice thing to do sometimes. I know plenty of people who can just do it socially; I am not one of those, unfortunately.

I hate the taste of most cigarettes, including menthols, and I also hate *most* 2nd hand smoke, but I liked smoking. The only tobacco I ended up actually liking was Drum rolling tobacco

Drum_Original_Tobacco.jpeg

and Nat Sherman MCDs.

sherman-mcd.jpeg

The latter are pretty harsh with the brown paper, and very expensive ($12 at least). Drum was cheaper, $15 and I could stretch it out to 75 cigarettes at least by rolling pinner. They both smelled pretty good, more like pipe tobacco.

I miss smoking.