Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Lookin up in the Mental Health dept.

keeping my fingers crossed, but if things go as planned, I’ll be sitting in my home free and clear and single within the next six months.

we’re going about it amicably to keep the lawyers from keeping the money.

I’m even going to offer her above market value by like 10% to get her a bit more start up money for her new life, property values here will clear that in a year based on recent years increases anyways.

Here’s hoping no monkey wrenches come my way, if so you guys are good to come down and enjoy the swell season for 25/26.
:violin::monkey::shaka:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Finding it “hard” to feel bad about my woman leaving me for another man,
especially when she tells me it’s cause his p nuss is smaller and he’s not as
emotionally intelligent.

:roflmao::roflmao:

not so hard to mourn a 25 year relationship that brought me so much happiness and love.

Menopause is a fucked up thing.

:shameonyou::sick::barf::poop:

• Sad
Reactions: grapedrink

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
emotionally intelligent.

not so hard to mourn a 25 year relationship that brought me so much happiness and love.

I think you'll find there are still plenty of ladies in the market for a full sized pepis'. :shaka:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
emotionally intelligent.

Idk if you can blame it on anything else but how the women’s brains can work aka “hoe math”. For example Im bros with a really solid dude who moved here recently and busted his ass to build/start a legit business from the ground up. First year in business is voted one of the Best Of in town.

While he’s busy busting his ass to make this happen and it was hard enough that he admits more than a few times the light at the end of the tunnel grew very dim, his wife decided she would bang a tai chi instructor. They’re divorced now and he called the female equivalent of Saul and it sounds like she didn’t get much. They have a kid too.

My guess is while he was busy she got bored/felt neglected and did some hoe math and came up with her deserving more out of life at the moment and threw her marriage/family in the trash for some excitement/magnum dong?

Last edited:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Lookin up in the Mental Health dept.

keeping my fingers crossed, but if things go as planned, I’ll be sitting in my home free and clear and single within the next six months.

we’re going about it amicably to keep the lawyers from keeping the money.

I’m even going to offer her above market value by like 10% to get her a bit more start up money for her new life, property values here will clear that in a year based on recent years increases anyways.

Here’s hoping no monkey wrenches come my way, if so you guys are good to come down and enjoy the swell season for 25/26.
:violin::monkey::shaka:
All very smart. Being generous still saves you a ton of money
Idk if you can blame it on anything else but how the women’s brains can work aka “hoe math”. For example Im bros with a really solid dude who moved here recently and busted his ass to build/start a legit business from the ground up. First year in business is voted one of the Best Of in town.

While he’s busy busting his ass to make this happen and it was hard enough that he admits more than a few times the light at the end of the tunnel grew very dim, his wife decided she would bang a tai chi instructor. They’re divorced now and he called the female equivalent of Saul and it sounds like she didn’t get much. They have a kid too.

My guess is while he was busy she got bored/felt neglected and did some hoe math and came up with her deserving more out of life at the moment and threw her marriage/family in the trash for some excitement/magnum dong?
cheating is never the first sign of trouble In a marriage. It‘s usually the last.

Reactions: grapedrink

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Apropos of nothing in the last few pages, whenever life was less than sunny would:

1. live the straight edge life, so no chemical enhancements of any sort and decent food
2. stay in more, read more, watch less TV, don't buy crap thinking stuff will change things
3. ride the bike daily or walk daily or surf and/or do sit ups, push ups and pull ups
4. remind self to follow "follow the schedule" of eating, sleeping, working
5. repeat 'this too shall pass', but not in that repetitive talking to yourself kinda way....that way is path crazy land

Have found that the more often I could get the automatic thinking/action back in sync with my (illusory?) choices, could handle the crap better.

I am sure most people already know this sort of stuff but now and again, I need reminding that boring, basic, life skills can use some honing.

PS
Forgot the 'hang out with friends' part.

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Apropos of EVERYTHING IN LIFE, whenever life was less than sunny would:

1. live the straight edge life, so no chemical enhancements of any sort and decent food
2. stay in more, read more, watch less TV, don't buy crap thinking stuff will change things
3. ride the bike daily or walk daily or surf and/or do sit ups, push ups and pull ups
4. remind self to follow "follow the schedule" of eating, sleeping, working
5. repeat 'this too shall pass', but not in that repetitive talking to yourself kinda way....that way is path crazy land

Have found that the more often I could get the automatic thinking/action back in sync with my (illusory?) choices, could handle the crap better.

I am sure most people already know this sort of stuff but now and again, I need reminding that boring, basic, life skills can use some honing.

PS
Forgot the 'hang out with friends' part.
Fixed.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
back in the glorious 90's this used to pop up in my email inbox every so often and i always appreciated it when it did

been a while since i've seen it so here goes...

Desiderata: Original Text
This is the original text from the book where Desiderata was first published.

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment, it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

by Max Ehrmann ©1927

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I bet Max didn't have to deal with daily screamfests between mother and ASD/ADHD daughter who, in a fit of frustration, cut half her hair off last night, resulting in a emergency trip to barber college, which they somehow managed to rescue.

Laughable notion to reduce my blood pressure medication. Been consistently 160/100 and increasing the last week.

There may have been a time where I had the level of serenity described above but I can't even see a path to there right now, not even close. It's been a long time since I have had a peaceful day, just way too much internal/external stress/demands.

The idea of faking a drug/alcohol addiction to get a nice expenses-paid relaxing 30 (60? 90!) day rehab of rest and relaxation has more than crossed my mind.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
The idea of faking a drug/alcohol addiction to get a nice expenses-paid relaxing 30 (60? 90!) day rehab of rest and relaxation has more than crossed my mind.
if you find a rehab where i stay in a hut in the wilderness, don't have to see anyone, and am not forced to take any drugs then shoot me a link and i'll race you to see who gets there first
I bet Max didn't have to deal with daily screamfests between mother and ASD/ADHD daughter who, in a fit of frustration, cut half her hair off last night, resulting in a emergency trip to barber college, which they somehow managed to rescue.
PM in progress

Reactions: Kento

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Spent the night in the ER, nervous system collapsed. Never in my life have I felt so much pain.... mind you I spent 4 years with a broken back. I know pain. Unfortunately.

Cqregiver Burnout Syndrom.

Every single nerve in my body sending screaming pain signals to my brain. Got at least a 2 day bedrwst hospital stay ahead.

Fook me. You never ever ever want to feel what I underwent for the last 24 hours.

Not even to my worst enemy.

I wanted to die.

So much better now, got all kibds of IV goodies running thru my veins.

Morphine... thank you for existing!!!!

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Spent the night in the ER, nervous system collapsed. Never in my life have I felt so much pain.... mind you I spent 4 years with a broken back. I know pain. Unfortunately.

Cqregiver Burnout Syndrom.

Every single nerve in my body sending screaming pain signals to my brain. Got at least a 2 day bedrwst hospital stay ahead.

Fook me. You never ever ever want to feel what I underwent for the last 24 hours.

Not even to my worst enemy.

I wanted to die.

So much better now, got all kibds of IV goodies running thru my veins.

Morphine... thank you for existing!!!!
just stress related or something more physical? Sounds hectic.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Stress shot cortisol levels to max, that weekend immune system. It started raining and after a day my back surgery hurt so much I couldn't sleep. 2 days of no sleep, Stress, Heightened cortisol, and still forcing out 12 hour days caring for my mother all combined to get my nervous system to get together and say, "her mf, you either stop or I am going to show you what pain is, and how bad it can be!".
I didn't listen, it won.

Nervous system = 1
Me = 0

It's wierd, since I am so high from the IV drugs, I've taken to "tinder swiping" the nursing staff. So far, 3 right swipes on RNs, 2 on DRs... 5 on cleaning staff.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::monkey:

Not even going to ask if this is normal behaviors. :socrazy::trout::toilet::loser: