Mental Health thread

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Does doing weed count as sober?
It's called Cali sober.

You can smoke weed and maybe drink a little bit but still be sober.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I didn't say "and do whatever drugs you want in moderation" so would prefer you don't attribute that to me.
It was a "FYP" sort of joke. But that seems to be what Cali sober means. I can use 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine but not N-methlyamphetamine and be some form of sober. I just find it silly to say one is "sober" when that isn't the case at all. One simply uses certain drugs in moderation, like most people.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Been going through it but passed my finance exam and kicking ass in school. I can see the outside but im still paddling for the horizon

Keep it up everyone I know someone is getting smoked on the inside while some of you are sitting on the outside whistling into sets

Reactions: Aruka and Boneroni

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I was New York sober (is that a thing?) for several years before deciding to enjoy some cannabis. for me anyway, it's probably important that I did the hard work those first few years without any mood altering substances whatsoever.

I don't credit cannabis for helping me keep off the bottle, not by a long shot. But, I also don't think it will lead ME personally back to the bottle. That may happen to some people, I'm sure, but I know many others who have been enjoying their grass for decades, while staying happily off the sauce. I think its a matter of being in whatever place makes you most at peace with yourself. Getting baked doesn't make me think or wish that I could ever safely pick up a drink.
Like i said earlier in this thread, it really is a personal decision. and of course, some of us are sicker than others :drowning:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
PS, I believe the term you are looking for to describe me is "fvcking know-it-all." :dancing:
My racist Aunt June (RIP) would have used this phrase instead (if you are white): "Sexual intellectual."

I always wonder what would happen if you gave an infant a hit of of acid.
At university met Vesper (friend of Chuck, Jennifer, and Ann Marie).

Vesper was daughter of 60's hippies.

Around 6 yr old, Vesper's mom gave her LSD.

Vesper thinks it was because her mom wanted her to understand nature and the world better.

Vesper told us that she ended up running around the farm a lot trying to do something she can't recall, hopping in and out of giant pictures, and talking to the animals and plants.

Believe she was taking classes to be a pharmacist (or was she just pre-med?).

Seemed sane to me when I knew her but yeah, don't think I would recommend doing this to anyone's kids.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It means I'm not ready to confront myself and the way I make me feel.
The research is that 10% of the population with have addiction issues.

90% won't.

But 10% of 8 billion is a lot of addicts.

And boy, do the love to talk about it. :dancing:

Blah, blah, blah . . . .

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
whats the term for i'm old and only smoke a tiny bit before bed because I have responsibilities
None of this is a problem if you don't have an ISM (like alcoholism). Moderating a dependency (with another dependency) that has origins in trauma or mental/emotional disorders is just kicking the can down the road.

If one doesn't have a substance abuse problem then just get fvcked up when you want.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I was New York sober (is that a thing?) for several years before deciding to enjoy some cannabis. for me anyway, it's probably important that I did the hard work those first few years without any mood altering substances whatsoever.

I don't credit cannabis for helping me keep off the bottle, not by a long shot. But, I also don't think it will lead ME personally back to the bottle. That may happen to some people, I'm sure, but I know many others who have been enjoying their grass for decades, while staying happily off the sauce. I think its a matter of being in whatever place makes you most at peace with yourself. Getting baked doesn't make me think or wish that I could ever safely pick up a drink.
Like i said earlier in this thread, it really is a personal decision. and of course, some of us are sicker than others :drowning:
Yea, smoke and get too paranoid to go out.
Alcoholism cured :ROFLMAO: :bricks:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Cashin' in my chips for forgiveness
Trading in my shame for perspective
Tired of being known for my sickness
It didn't work, I'm tryin' something different,

Healing got me lookin' for freedom
Happiness it used to be fleeting
History was always repeating
Not anymore

I'm California sober
It doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over

No, it ain't black or white, it's all of the colors
That I only just discovered, now I'm California sober
California sober

Used to live in fear of always slipping
But living for perfection isn't living
, I
I ran a little slower, now I'm tripping, I
A beautiful and magical beginning, I
Healing got me lookin' for freedom
Happiness, it used to be fleeting
History was always repeating
Not anymore

I'm California sober
It doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over
California Sober

Trading judgment for freedom
Found somethin' new to believe in
Somethin' inside of me screaming
"Don't be so hard on yourself"

Look up, somethin' has shifted
My heavy spirit is lifted
I found myself

I'm California sober
Doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over
California sober
I, California sober, I
California sober

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
While I don’t often/ever take my sobriety wisdom from song lyrics I will say I don’t disagree with all of the lyrics you bolded