Mental Health thread

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Hahaha the first time I hooked up with the psych I went home with her best friend and her. We may have been doomed from the start.

new girl is crazy, used to be a unicorn for a couple. Hmmm maybe I can get them both :dancing::roflmao::monkey:

The psyche of a unicorn is fickle.
Hung out with a few. One in Santa Cruz that I wish I would've spent more time with, but I think the ex Mrs was a little nervous about her.
Good Luck

Reactions: santacruzin

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
f*&k is "Unicorn" in this context? what glorious perversion have i been missing out of all these years? Urban Dictionary i guess?
Guy on desert island informs guy in NYC of sexual lingo.. The Unicornio es that mythological vixen who seeks out couples for to carry out her sexual excapades, though rare.... thus the moniker, the DO EXIST, THANK AND PRAISE BE TO THE LORD, OR WHOMEVER CAN TAKE CREDIT FOR THEIR CREATION..

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Unicorn is a misnomer. It's a phase twenty something percent of twenty something year old hot girls go through. The cool part is they become less rare if you stack, ie if you have a thing with one, another will become easy to find, and so on.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Unicorn is a misnomer. It's a phase twenty something percent of twenty something year old hot girls go through. The cool part is they become less rare if you stack, ie if you have a thing with one, another will become easy to find, and so on.

I can believe this.
Timing is everything.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh so like terra farming stacks of crypto? Or am I mixing 7 metaphors?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Guy on desert island informs guy in NYC of sexual lingo.. The Unicornio es that mythological vixen who seeks out couples for to carry out her sexual excapades, though rare.... thus the moniker, the DO EXIST, THANK AND PRAISE BE TO THE LORD, OR WHOMEVER CAN TAKE CREDIT FOR THEIR CREATION..

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Got it, makes sense. I had a few memorable threesomes and foursomes in my late teens and early 20s. A few of the girls involved were for sure in early and even full blown unicorn glory.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
On the topic of birthdays, I like them. Good excuse to have a party. Aging happens and if you're lucky, you can play that to the advantage.

Been throwing birthday parties for myself for years now, no one else will now that I'm over 16. Though ever since 40, just every 5 yrs for parties. If no party, then just simple night out with Sweetie-pie.

Last birthday party of mine was snacks, fancy cocktails, "cocktail attire required" (more or less meant you can't just show up like a slob).

Evening peaked with cake, ice cream, a rousing Happy Birthday song, and then entertainment was a contest of who knew me best. Going around the circle of about 40 people, I read out a list of questions about myself, and whomever got 5 points first, won. There were three gifts: $40 cash, a bottle of homemade lemoncello, and jar of homemade giardiniera.

Good times.

Last edited:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
On the topic of birthdays, I like them. Good excuse to have a party. Aging happens and if you're lucky, you can play that to the advantage.

Been throwing birthday parties for myself for years now, no one else will now that I'm over 16. Though ever since 40, just every 5 yrs for parties. If no party, then just simple night out with Sweetie-pie.

Last birthday party of mine was snacks, fancy cocktails, "cocktail attire required" (more or less meant you can just show up like a slob).

Evening peaked with cake, ice cream, a rousing Happy Birthday song, and then entertainment was a contest of who knew me best. Going around the circle of about 40 people, I read out a list of questions about myself, and whomever got 5 points first, won. There were three gifts: $40 cash, a bottle of homemade lemoncello, and jar of homemade giardiniera.

Good times.
sounds fun
wish I was there!

CCKeith

Gerry Lopez status
May 13, 2014

Last birthday party of mine was snacks, fancy cocktails, "cocktail attire required" (more or less meant you can just show up like a slob).

Good times.
sounds fun one life to live take advatage

Reactions: Mr Doof

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’ve got parosmia, a fucked up smell / taste thing that happens after an upper respiratory infection, including, but not limited to Covid, which is making some things smell and taste like I’ve got a mouth full of pennies and sulfer
im not sure what things are triggering it
im thinking the shampoo I’d been using left that smell in my hair

this thing really messes with some peoples head
and I can see why
im glad the mental health thread is heard for me

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Sister in law, who's the reason my mother left, calls "worried about your mother"... hanging up on her midsentence did wonders for my mental health. Even more so after opening my brothers email the next morning, fearing the soapbox sermon, and finding only the following emoticons...

:love::love::love::love::love:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

:applause2::applause2::applause2::applause2::applause2:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

...and that was the entirety of his email.

:monkey: apparently I got him some small purchase of mental health as well, with that one simple maneuver.

;)

Reactions: Subway

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I'm an educator.
My wife is an educator.
We have a newborn and an almost 4 year old. She goes to daycare. Yesterday, the front office door was locked for the first time in a while when I went to pick her up.

Yesterday afternoon was dark. This morning felt darker. I start to feel like I need to delete IG after these things because I can't take everyone's "Hot Takes", finger pointing, or even getting along with their life. It all seems off. Heartless. Dirty.

Last edited:

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
I'm an educator.
My wife is an educator.
We have a newborn and an almost 4 year old. She goes to daycare. Yesterday, the front office door was locked for the first time in a while when I went to pic her up.

Yesterday afternoon was dark. This morning felt darker. I start to feel like I need to delete IG after these things because I can't take everyone's "Hot Takes", finger pointing, or even getting along with their life. It all seems off. Heartless. Dirty.
Do yourself a favor and delete all of it...it's incredibly toxic and you don't even realize until it's out of your life--Hang in there.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Do yourself a favor and delete all of it...it's incredibly toxic and you don't even realize until it's out of your life--Hang in there.

IG is the only one I use and I took it off of my phone yesterday. Reflex still has me opening the folder, but the app is gone.

That, coupled with my 3.5 year olds mom cancelling her day with my daughter to go to the hospital, and my daughter being ON ONE, did not do wonders for my mood.

It was warm so I tried to squeeze in a quick trip to the beach on Tuesday after school. She was hyped. She wanted to "go surfing" which amounts to her holding onto my neck while I belly ride some white water. She was having a blast until it was time to go. She turned into the "No" machine, wouldn't listen, full noodle legs every time I tried to get her to walk, finished off with throwing sand in my face. Dad was not psyched.

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka