Mental Health thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I have just spoken to our brother Underdog, he is in good spirits all things considered, and we traded tall tales and laughter, and even some tips on managing stress and anxiety (because apparently after 6 months of therapy I'm an expert.... LMAO at that idea)

Anyway, here is a holiday chance to pay it forward, and help a brother in need. I have been authorized to post this, and you're not only helping Underdog, but his wife who is in the fight of her life. And speaking for me personally, I find the best way to improve one's spirits and break out of a funk is by doing something utterly selfless, with no expectation of anything in return. There really is no better feeling. But that's just me (and quite a number of you guys too I'd wager)

@George-Smith-207 on Venmo. Make sure you choose the one that has a wildly crooked horizon (naturally :roflmao: ) and shows a photo of the man and his wife together. another very similar handle pops up, make sure you use the one with the couple, not the one with the photo of just one dude. Underdog's nickname (Doug) also pops up, so that's the other thing to look for, but not be thrown off by. that is in fact underdog.

Happy Holidays everyone, and may Cthulhu bless you with all the waves and carnitas you can handle

Last edited:

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
and just like that, the signed contract just hit my inbox for the $153K. 3% commish, plus a 2.5% Q1 kicker, not a bad deal. It's pennies in the grand scheme, but, I fought harder for this $8K than any other deal I've had to fight for. The internal battles are always the most frustrating. I have no problem haggling endlessly with clients. that's my job.... But when your own mangers are getting in your way, that sh!t gets me livid, no matter how much I care about them as friends and colleagues.
Ohhhhh yeah. This burns my bhole

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
so much. when managers get in the way of selling , it infuriates me. Because with few exceptions, many sales managers weren't very good sales people. Some were, I've got a couple that were true greats before they decided to pursue management and EVP titles and what not, but I've known many that were just plain morons who couldn't close their way out of a paper bag, let alone a 6 or 7 figure advertising deal

They just played football with the right guy in Arizona decades ago

underdog

Michael Peterson status
Jan 7, 2005
MAINEAGEBITCHES!
My mental health sucks azz but I talked to Subway this morning at the hospital while visiting Denise today. For 1 I am blown away and humbled from him and the erBB love. Honestly this sh8t blows and I pray no one ever has to deal with this.

She is better today, gave me evil Latina Stinkeye and bitched me out for watching her eat lunch so, seeing that fight in my brown eyed girl gave me hope and a smile. (Mind you her stinkeye was cute and all but she's been though 3 rounds of chemo and a hairless eyeball glare is way more shocking and effective to get a point across than those fluffy eyelashes anyway)
:love:

I am grateful AF for the erBB LOVE.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Hopefully you can keep your focus where it needs to be (her). Serenity is hard-won even in good times -- you'll really have to fight for it now. Taking care of her is a privilege -- you GET TO. Don't take that for granted. Much love and empathy coming your way.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ranga is strong in the ways of the force, wisdom he has
and remember, while you are being so heroic for her, it’s equally important to do your best to keep YOUR spirits up too. You can’t do her or yourself much good if you aren’t taking a little time here and there even for those deep breaths we talked about, or my favorite: the instant 5 item gratitude list lol. “Im so grateful for my wife, my life, my quiver, my family, and this FINE looking ham Sammy i‘m about to destroy right now!” Lol

Reactions: Boneroni

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Knice!

Here's mine....

The woman who married me, the animals who put up with me, the garden that feeds and medicates me, the home that houses us and the waves that carress our coastlines.

:applause2::bowdown::cheers:

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m thankful for the cauliflower crust pizza my wife made for dinner (I normally do most of the cooking) but damn if my adorable little kitchen wench didn’t slice up some fresh Roma’s, chop some fresh basil, perfect combo of some decent local gourmet sauce and plenty of cheese and some pepperoni for mine, and presto. Mind blown.

Reactions: Boneroni

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Thankful for my wife's coming to the North Shore this am, a rare occurrence, for a walk while I surfed. She's all about sand, not rocky shores. :roflmao::shameonyou::socrazy::waving::shaka:

:bowdown:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
anyone try microdosing
done more macro than micro.. but in my experience micro dosing shrooms and lsd i didnt notice anything when it came to my mental health. i tried a few week long every day schedules and basically felt the same as it ever was. had. way more success with mental health from really going for it with the psychedelics. imo thats where the breakthroughs happen.

Reactions: LifeOnMars

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The idea of using a sacred substance in small regular amounts just to make your workday and normal life pass easier is 100% pure tech culture Tomfookery :rolleyes:
Yea. Except it isn’t.

Some people have legitimate chemical imbalances in their brain from a variety of things and struggle daily.

That’s why people use SSRIs, SNRIs, or medical pot, and other substances or medication to try to find a balance that allows for functioning in daily society

Microdosing to correct serotonin or norepinephrine imbalance is something that is being researched.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Yea. Except it isn’t.

Some people have legitimate chemical imbalances in their brain from a variety of things and struggle daily.

That’s why people use SSRIs, SNRIs, or medical pot, and other substances or medication to try to find a balance that allows for functioning in daily society

Microdosing to correct serotonin or norepinephrine imbalance is something that is being researched.
i believe in it - i just think you need more than micro doses to get the help it can provide.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
done more macro than micro.. but in my experience micro dosing shrooms and lsd i didnt notice anything when it came to my mental health. i tried a few week long every day schedules and basically felt the same as it ever was. had. way more success with mental health from really going for it with the psychedelics. imo thats where the breakthroughs happen.
you gotta go full blast every so often. tried micro dosing for a bit, you get a subconscious "high". the feeling is similar to fasting all day, you become very clearheaded and mentally energized. i'd say the big blast maybe once or twice a year will probably do much more for your mental health than micro dosing, this is with psilocybin not some crazy designer drugs.