Mental Health thread

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
No I was trying to explain to this guy how he had stolen the pump we had been waiting for.

He didn’t like my tone and tried to high five me with his fist. That made me jump and his momentum accidentally carried him into the washer fluid station. Other customers came over to intervene and he fled the gas station upset.

I felt like an asshole foreven getting in a confrontation but my friends told me it was great. Should have just stayed in car. I was lucky I didnt get really hurt, kid was younger and probably could have thrashed me. or had a gun or a knife. Dummy status for sure.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I mean, at least I didn’t start it. I didn’t even escalate it, it was once my bro, while struggling to get his baby into the hiking pouch, was under verbal assault (regardless of what a twerp this guy was) that I decided to end it. And a weird, euphoric, electric feeling kind of surged in me as I started mocking him full bore, taking off my jacket and glasses , laughing like Joaquin’s joker, advising him to try to break my nose with the freebie because maybe the blood would hamper my vision. His wife was trying to pull him back to the car, I just kept walking slowly and laughing and taunting this guy like a middle schooler with a big vocabulary and a sick sense of humor. I loved it. As weird as I feel, and I know my wife is rattled by the incident, I still can’t stop wishing he had thrown the first one.
How was the hike?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
This may be related to the topic of mental health.

Or not.

Last weekend I went to the coast, drank a half a bottle of whiskey, smoked a pack of Camel no-filters, went body surfing, got my spine adjusted by mother nature in the process, helped a dude who had dropped some acid in TJ evade arrest from the police, hooked up with a friend I've known for 50 years, rode a 1939 schwinn around mission bay, got served by possibly the most beautiful italian girl i've ever seen in my life, blacked out, came to, and then went home.

I feel better now.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sometimes you just have to blow off some steam, and since I cannot do it safely or sanely with alchohol, for the first time in along time I actively went looking for a fight with joy in my heart and laughter from my lungs

hike was really just a stroll. Smoked a doobie on the River, took the obligatory photos like a dutiful husband of A yogi with an Instagram account that constantly need fresh content
6EE65543-60D2-49A5-8142-83D4505C6E49.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I know someone else who thought that
In my view, they didn’t get boring at all
They were way more fun to hang out with
Maybe they got bored, but they didn’t get boring

maybe that’s not the case with everyone, but with this friend, definitely
Even if you aren’t talking about me, just lie to a bro and say you’re referring to me

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
It’s always about me, for better or worse. gets exhausting being me sometimes
i don’t worry about being boring anymore. Now I’m concerned I may have let my eccentricities take a bit more control of my words and actions. Which can be a lot of fun, liberating even, or it can mean your wife thinks you’re becoming a bit much. I’m ok with it.

Last edited:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
This may be related to the topic of mental health.

Or not.

Last weekend I went to the coast, drank a half a bottle of whiskey, smoked a pack of Camel no-filters, went body surfing, got my spine adjusted by mother nature in the process, helped a dude who had dropped some acid in TJ evade arrest from the police, hooked up with a friend I've known for 50 years, rode a 1939 schwinn around mission bay, got served by possibly the most beautiful italian girl i've ever seen in my life, blacked out, came to, and then went home.

I feel better now.
U back living in SD?

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
This time of year always brings out the worst in me. Vitamin D doesn't help. Haven't paddled the kayak since September, it's flat, offshore as fugg and steady stream of cold fronts have started marching through. Christmas commercials telling me to be happy and buy diamonds, cars, vacations and love everybody.
Even the year that chopped off my drinking legs I made it toJanuary first before I had my first, of many, 2-dishwasher moments((which I've learned to control).
This place, and reading the last few pages has helped for now.
I'm going to have to start padding again, through the dead of Winter I guess.
Once again wind is my nemises, but drinking should have killed me and didn't so there's that.
I'm good.
Thanks.

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
^^ from Bend and the winters are long and cold. I embrace the cold so far:roflmao: Gear up properly, or to whatever tolerance you have to the cold, and get out there. Getting out in the winter around here on the lakes/rivers always seem to produce more wildlife encounters. So worth it.

Reactions: santacruzin

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
On top of it we’ve been dealing with an installer issue for a new dishwasher that took me to my breaking point yesterday. Long of the short is that we’ve had two dishwashers in our condo for almost 3wks. New one in the dining room and the broken one in the kitchen
Bro, it's one water connection and one electric plug. Relieve your stress and let us know what was fugged up with it.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
^^ from Bend and the winters are long and cold. I embrace the cold so far:roflmao: Gear up properly, or to whatever tolerance you have to the cold, and get out there. Getting out in the winter around here on the lakes/rivers always seem to produce more wildlife encounters. So worth it.
Love winter missions.The cold is therapeutic to me This time last year 58873714-A0CC-4C9F-955E-20345E4A7F00.pngC441F5E6-6734-4A90-A7AC-102756046ACA.png

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Cold sux ballz, until you get that steaming hot shower, of course!

Since lumbar fusion, cold feet mean no capacity to surf.

:dancing: that!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Ok so I’m in Stowe, enjoying every minute of our first time back here since we’ll before the lockdowns began. Having a great time all around. BFF and wife have adorable new baby, and we just sent it a short easy little hike to a beautiful waterfall

sounds like a peaceful thing for the mental health thread right? Well, apparently I’m still wound up, and perhaps even a little bit unbalanced. Like for real. Here’s why:

we pull into the trail head lot, which would normally be empty. No worries, we pull into a spot that we waited a couple minutes for. 6 month old in the car, dads at the wheel I’m im in shotgun. Wife’s in back with baby, baby mama is at work in Burlington for a few hours.
Long story short some twerpy entitled little sh!t pulls up, his own wife is the car as well, and tells my buddy “hey we’ve been waiting for a spot, and that finally opened up”. My bro says well, you weren’t here while we were waiting and then finally parking when a spot opened up. This pudgy whiny bespectacled little pear shaped dip sh!t keeps chirping and arguing with my bro. So I laughingly chime in “hey we know spots are tight but you were not actually here waiting, you just drive up after wandering around the area, we’ve got a baby with us, and, no hard feelings, but, we aren’t moving. Looks like there is a spot just a few dozen paces over there”
And this fucknut kept chirping. So my buddy who up to this point was polite and diplomatic and told him to fook off back to the wherever he came from. We laughed and figured that would end it. Wrong

the twerp gets OUT of his as of yet still unparked Prius or Subaru or wherever the fook, and Keeps arguing with my buddy. At this point I take off my sunglasses and jacket, told him he was a such a spineless little gnat on my shoe, I’d let everyone start filming and give him the first haymaker of the day, free of charge. And I told him he would then likely end up in the hospital. So now, how do we feel about parking space? Do you want to keep whining like a pussy in front of your wife, or do you want a to throw the first punch and have some fun”?

anyway, I have anger issues still I guess, my wife was kind of pissed and embarrassed but frankly I haven’t had that much fun in ages. Am I awful? The look of fear in that snobby little twerps face as I started walking towards him laughing hysterically and inviting him to break my nose first to start things of good and bloody- that look was priceless.

maybe it’s just too much sons of anarchy and justified.
Nothing wrong with that, sometimes we need a good confrontation to make us feel alive :beer: