Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Indo called, it says fook u and sook on my hand rolled kraytek which I smoke on the bus and blow the 2nd hand smoke inna jew face!

:roflmao:

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
My dad was a functioning alcoholic for many years and it actually made getting drunk unfun for me. It feels selfish and foolish. And although it is a me problem, thanks dad!

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
There's sayings in Spain for everything...

@HarryLopez2

"No hay mal, que por bien no venga."

Literally...

There is no bad, that doesn't come for good reason.

Sorry you had to grow up with an alcoholic dad, but glad that you learned the lesson he was there to teach you.

:bowdown:

:waving::shaka:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
been a while off the sauce now. Something weird happened, all my back pain came back.
Good friend said the same thing happened to him.

Been doing a lot of PT exercises and its getting better. Fun times!!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
when i quit drinking.....i got.....boring.
:sleep:
I know someone else who thought that
In my view, they didn’t get boring at all
They were way more fun to hang out with
Maybe they got bored, but they didn’t get boring

maybe that’s not the case with everyone, but with this friend, definitely

Reactions: potato-nator

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
I thought I would lose part of my identity Not drinking , I was always captain fun/life of the party,
has not been an issue at all, still can have major fun and light it up

this back sh!t however is out of control.
RG guess I have to read the book again :roflmao:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I thought I would lose part of my identity Not drinking , I was always captain fun/life of the party,
has not been an issue at all, still can have major fun and light it up

this back sh!t however is out of control.
RG guess I have to read the book again :roflmao:
Yep, sometimes you just gotta read the fvcking book again

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ok so I’m in Stowe, enjoying every minute of our first time back here since we’ll before the lockdowns began. Having a great time all around. BFF and wife have adorable new baby, and we just sent it a short easy little hike to a beautiful waterfall

sounds like a peaceful thing for the mental health thread right? Well, apparently I’m still wound up, and perhaps even a little bit unbalanced. Like for real. Here’s why:

we pull into the trail head lot, which would normally be empty. No worries, we pull into a spot that we waited a couple minutes for. 6 month old in the car, dads at the wheel I’m im in shotgun. Wife’s in back with baby, baby mama is at work in Burlington for a few hours.
Long story short some twerpy entitled little sh!t pulls up, his own wife is the car as well, and tells my buddy “hey we’ve been waiting for a spot, and that finally opened up”. My bro says well, you weren’t here while we were waiting and then finally parking when a spot opened up. This pudgy whiny bespectacled little pear shaped dip sh!t keeps chirping and arguing with my bro. So I laughingly chime in “hey we know spots are tight but you were not actually here waiting, you just drive up after wandering around the area, we’ve got a baby with us, and, no hard feelings, but, we aren’t moving. Looks like there is a spot just a few dozen paces over there”
And this fucknut kept chirping. So my buddy who up to this point was polite and diplomatic and told him to fuck off back to the wherever he came from. We laughed and figured that would end it. Wrong

the twerp gets OUT of his as of yet still unparked Prius or Subaru or wherever the fuck, and Keeps arguing with my buddy. At this point I take off my sunglasses and jacket, told him he was a such a spineless little gnat on my shoe, I’d let everyone start filming and give him the first haymaker of the day, free of charge. And I told him he would then likely end up in the hospital. So now, how do we feel about parking space? Do you want to keep whining like a pussy in front of your wife, or do you want a to throw the first punch and have some fun”?

anyway, I have anger issues still I guess, my wife was kind of pissed and embarrassed but frankly I haven’t had that much fun in ages. Am I awful? The look of fear in that snobby little twerps face as I started walking towards him laughing hysterically and inviting him to break my nose first to start things of good and bloody- that look was priceless.

maybe it’s just too much sons of anarchy and justified.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I mean, at least I didn’t start it. I didn’t even escalate it, it was once my bro, while struggling to get his baby into the hiking pouch, was under verbal assault (regardless of what a twerp this guy was) that I decided to end it. And a weird, euphoric, electric feeling kind of surged in me as I started mocking him full bore, taking off my jacket and glasses , laughing like Joaquin’s joker, advising him to try to break my nose with the freebie because maybe the blood would hamper my vision. His wife was trying to pull him back to the car, I just kept walking slowly and laughing and taunting this guy like a middle schooler with a big vocabulary and a sick sense of humor. I loved it. As weird as I feel, and I know my wife is rattled by the incident, I still can’t stop wishing he had thrown the first one.

• Wow
Reactions: grapedrink

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Ok so I’m in Stowe, enjoying every minute of our first time back here since we’ll before the lockdowns began. Having a great time all around. BFF and wife have adorable new baby, and we just sent it a short easy little hike to a beautiful waterfall

sounds like a peaceful thing for the mental health thread right? Well, apparently I’m still wound up, and perhaps even a little bit unbalanced. Like for real. Here’s why:

we pull into the trail head lot, which would normally be empty. No worries, we pull into a spot that we waited a couple minutes for. 6 month old in the car, dads at the wheel I’m im in shotgun. Wife’s in back with baby, baby mama is at work in Burlington for a few hours.
Long story short some twerpy entitled little sh!t pulls up, his own wife is the car as well, and tells my buddy “hey we’ve been waiting for a spot, and that finally opened up”. My bro says well, you weren’t here while we were waiting and then finally parking when a spot opened up. This pudgy whiny bespectacled little pear shaped dip sh!t keeps chirping and arguing with my bro. So I laughingly chime in “hey we know spots are tight but you were not actually here waiting, you just drive up after wandering around the area, we’ve got a baby with us, and, no hard feelings, but, we aren’t moving. Looks like there is a spot just a few dozen paces over there”
And this fucknut kept chirping. So my buddy who up to this point was polite and diplomatic and told him to fook off back to the wherever he came from. We laughed and figured that would end it. Wrong

the twerp gets OUT of his as of yet still unparked Prius or Subaru or wherever the fook, and Keeps arguing with my buddy. At this point I take off my sunglasses and jacket, told him he was a such a spineless little gnat on my shoe, I’d let everyone start filming and give him the first haymaker of the day, free of charge. And I told him he would then likely end up in the hospital. So now, how do we feel about parking space? Do you want to keep whining like a pussy in front of your wife, or do you want a to throw the first punch and have some fun”?

anyway, I have anger issues still I guess, my wife was kind of pissed and embarrassed but frankly I haven’t had that much fun in ages. Am I awful? The look of fear in that snobby little twerps face as I started walking towards him laughing hysterically and inviting him to break my nose first to start things of good and bloody- that look was priceless.

maybe it’s just too much sons of anarchy and justified.
I feel you man. My anger lately has been something. I’m on a job getting crushed and actually contemplated quitting for the first time in my life. Most of my frustrations have been unfairly directed at my gf which I don’t feel great about. Living with me the past few weeks has to be miserable. On top of it we’ve been dealing with an installer issue for a new dishwasher that took me to my breaking point yesterday. Long of the short is that we’ve had two dishwashers in our condo for almost 3wks. New one in the dining room and the broken one in the kitchen with multiple visits from ill-equipped independent contractors tasked with doing the install and none actually getting it done all while we’ve been stuck having to wait through 4 hour delivery windows which they were almost always hours late for. Yesterday after the third visit from an independent contractor who showed up with a tool bag the size of a lunch box and no extra parts and couldn’t get the job done I got on the phone with their dispatch and completely blew a gasket on the poor girl who was working there. It all just came pouring out in the worst way to the point of being not constructive and bordering on me making illegal threats of violence. GF had to rip the phone out of my hands. Thankfully this was just over the phone. But I could feel the rage building in me and I worry about the next twerp that mouths off to me over a parking spot or some other stupid thing will trigger me. Win or lose I can feel myself on the brink of doing something stupid. And I haven’t been in any kind of physical altercation in well over 15yrs.

The good news is as ashamed as I was of my harsh words after the fact. We got a call from the supervisor at 7am this morning and they sent out two competent guys who got the job done by 10. So maybe anger does have its benefits?

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Precisely. And even though he started the verbal part and kept escalating, everyone present knew I would have wiped the lot with the little pork pie so there is also that guilt of like “ok tough guy you offered Up the first punch to a guy who probably needs a Willams Sonoma device to open pickle jars. Real bad ass you are”

Not that I bullied him, because bullying is pathetic, but once I made it clear I was not only ready to go, I was really excited about the prospect, and I clearly would have had the height reach strength and aggression advantage, it started to feel a bit like bullying. Except for the fact that I was risking my own self too. Hell, pork pie could have been a former mossad agent who just let his gut go. He could have been armed, or maybe he’s done years of boxing training and would have laid me out cold with that first freebie

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LifeOnMars

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Precisely. And even though he started the verbal part and kept escalating, everyone present knew I would have wiped the lot with the little pork pie so there is also that guilt of like “ok tough guy you offered Up the first punch to a guy who probably needs a Willams Sonoma device to open pickle jars. Real bad ass you are”

Not that I bullied him, because bullying is pathetic, but once I made it clear I was not only ready to go, I was really excited about the prospect, and I clearly would have had the height reach strength and aggression advantage, it started to feel a bit like bullying. Except for the fact that I was risking my own self too. Hell, pork pie could have been a former mossad agent who just let his gut go. He could have been armed, or maybe he’s done years of boxing training and would have laid me out cold with that first freebie
I’m totally Pork Pie in this scenario. Though I would never pull the entitled parking spot bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Subway