Mental Health thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I made a great playlist and rode some scenic ride in the north Italian Alps. It was a grind of climbs and switchbacks

Reactions: TheEl

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yall ever catch yourself being manic? Realized I was on some chit yesterday had to try and relax. Kinda scared me
I just had a 3 year evaluation and it's insane how much stuff that want from us now.

I think it's a purity test.

If you put up with this, you will put up with anything.

So I'm tracking down files on my computer that I need for the evaluation and I think to myself, "You need to work on your evaluation" and I had a brief pang of guilt for not working on it before I realized I was working on it.

That is insane.

• Wow
Reactions: Aruka

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Meh, I’ve been binge watching weeds. My standards for what’s insane are pretty high pal, I think You’ll be fine

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Meh, I’ve been binge watching weeds. My standards are for what’s insane are pretty high pal, I think You’ll be fine
I got off television for covid, but recently tucked in to 30 Rock

the writing is unbelievably good

I think Jack Donaghy may be on par with Ron Swanson for all time greatest male leads in a sitcom

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I watch about 2 hours of tv at night, I don’t know how my wife can just watch endless reruns of All the identical HGTV shows. I’ve been a lot busier now with work, but even still, if I’m taking a break it’s not to watch The property brothers

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

I think Jack Donaghy may be on par with Ron Swanson for all time greatest male leads in a sitcom
Oh fuck yeah! probably my favorite comedy show of all time.

If you like that, You'll absolutely LOVE "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

• Haha
Reactions: JBerry and afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I started going to my book when I would generally (reflexively/spastically/addictively) reach
for television or the erBB

I read a little bit and go back to work

I used to do pushups/situps when that same impulse struck but now I'm lazy

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I watch about 2 hours of tv at night, I don’t know how my wife can just watch endless reruns of All the identical HGTV shows. I’ve been a lot busier now with work, but even still, if I’m taking a break it’s not to watch The property brothers
My wife was into those shows for a while when we starting to initially house-shop. So much so, that when we were looking to buy a house a few years back, we actually auditioned/interviewed with HGTV, the whole nine yards. Apparently it was to be a show called Sold on the Spot, where the premise was you knock on doors and convince the owner to sell the house then and there. Totally preposterous of course. We ended up getting a place through our own realtor, likely better than anything we would have gotten through the show.

Chips fell perfectly. Thread related because picking the right battles is good for mental health.

Streaming stuff like Game of Thrones was quite a solid replacement for HGTV. For all the fanboi anguish over the last season, trust me, it's still better than anything on HGTV. Proper perspective.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
man that show started off great and then went to sh!t real quick....spolier alert kinda.
Dude it peaks again in seasons 7-8 I think. im even getting inspired by Andy and Nancy to think bigger and bolder with all sorts of ideas rattling around in my brain. Not illegal sh!t, but expanding our fledgling yoga biz, getting things done in Nica, talk about manic energy unleashed

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Dude it peaks again in seasons 7-8 I think. im even getting inspired by Andy and Nancy to think bigger and bolder with all sorts of ideas rattling around in my brain. Not illegal sh!t, but expanding our fledgling yoga biz, getting things done in Nica, talk about manic energy unleashed
loved Andys charachter throughout - but everyone eventually becomes a characture of themselves.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019

Agree - cultural criticism is excellent - many jokes in 3-rock (which is not even old) seem politically incorrect / 'cancel-able' in today's environment - despite objective truths

Reactions: Boneroni

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I started going to my book when I would generally (reflexively/spastically/addictively) reach
for television or the erBB

I read a little bit and go back to work

I used to do pushups/situps when that same impulse struck but now I'm lazy
I'm trying to read too.

I bought a reading light for my bed.

Hey, they really work~

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
good to know. I gave up mid way thru 6, I think? Maybe I’ll pick it back up at the start of 7 :beer: : :shaka:

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
We tried for a bit, but the drunken depressing vibe just didn’t off set the humor. Just made us sad.