Mental Health thread

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"bad heart rate, almost like a panick attack, sore shoulders and neck muscles, waking up in the middle of the night freaking out."

Sounds like an anxiety attack .... or the weed was too good and ya held yer breath for too long. :alien:
Or, they'll slap one of these things to your chest for 30 days to see what yer ticker is doing.
View attachment 103855

Comes with a Samsung phone "monitor"
I never had an angziety attack until both my parents died with in a two week period.

People would say that had them and I would be all "What? Just relax, you pussy."

My sisters took tons of anxiety meds, I just white knuckled it.

I had one one time on a plane as people were boarding. I almost got off but I said to myself, you will be stuck in the airport in SF and have to do this again.

So I just used tension to handle it. That is okay in the short term. But getting control with excessive tension messes you up long term.

I'm fine now.

Right?

Right?

:cursing:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
"bad heart rate, almost like a panick attack, sore shoulders and neck muscles, waking up in the middle of the night freaking out."

Sounds like an anxiety attack .... or the weed was too good and ya held yer breath for too long. :alien:
Or, they'll slap one of these things to your chest for 30 days to see what yer ticker is doing.
View attachment 103855

Comes with a Samsung phone "monitor"
explanatory note: the "LOVE" i give on that is by no means "i love that ppk has this on his chest".... it is by ALL MEANS "sending you MUCH LOVE UNKA PPK! BE WELL! BE WELL!, BE WELL!!! sending much healing energy and prayers your way!)

Reactions: PPK96754

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Having my traditional east coast winter mental issues, work slows way down you get stoked on surfing again and then it goes flat for months. Considering just saying fook it and jumping on a plane .

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
THC levels are rising.
I'm surfing when there's waves
I'm running 5-6 miles, 3-4 times a week
I'm playing drums (electronic kit) a good amount
I'm practicing guitar every day almost

That's what I need.

My situation is tenuous though, so I don't really beat myself up or call myself selfish for needing these things to keep it together. What ever helps.
I also feel it's important to show my daughter that taking care of yourself is important, and can be very effective in dealing with anxiety, fear, and especially anger. IMO, she doesn't get a lot of that example elsewhere.

It's also a really great excuse to (get high and) practice your instrument. Or (get high and) listen to music while running.
Temptation bundling at it's finest :roflmao:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Decided by whom and why? Better yet, why not just shut the whole thing down since colleges and universities themselves come from a European narrative?
Probably non-Europeans. Or maybe not.
But Europe created the concept of the university?

Perhaps that statement is a symptom that the larger effort to decentralize a Eurocentric shaping of the world seeks to address?

Leaverite

Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
I retired.

Was asked to come back. Was begged to come back.

The powers that be have known this for 6 months. January 1st, my email account and privledges from 16 years of service were deleted. Pau.

Non retreivable. I was asked and tasked to help do the colleges 2020 W2's. Two weeks spent trying to get our IT Dept. to give me the priveledges/access I need to do the fvcking job. I'm working now but only 6 more bidness days left to turn out a workable product.

All I have to say is never give your employer an advance notice of retirement. It's not fvcking worth it.

Reactions: PRCD

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Probably non-Europeans. Or maybe not.
But Europe created the concept of the university?

Perhaps that statement is a symptom that the larger effort to decentralize a Eurocentric shaping of the world seeks to address?

I'll take Arabian Nights FTW Alex.

Oldest University in the world that is still open, and educating, in Fez, Morocco. They still teach religion, culture and languages there. Think they started round 860 drawing off the top of my noggin?

Check the wiki for certain Tea.

Reactions: Leaverite

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
I retired.

Was asked to come back. Was begged to come back.

The powers that be have known this for 6 months. January 1st, my email account and privledges from 16 years of service were deleted. Pau.

Non retreivable. I was asked and tasked to help do the colleges 2020 W2's. Two weeks spent trying to get our IT Dept. to give me the priveledges/access I need to do the fvcking job. I'm working now but only 6 more bidness days left to turn out a workable product.

All I have to say is never give your employer an advance notice of retirement. It's not fvcking worth it.

Yup. Just phook them straight in the arse,leave them hanging and titty phook them after sawwing off all limbs, you know when too...

AT LOW TIDE!!

where?

IN A CLAW FOOT BATHTUB!!!!!!!

No love lost, you were always just a number to em anyway.

Indentured servant. NOT. -out