Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Does it suck more though, or are we all just getting older and seeing things with a jaded perspective of age?

things that make you go hmmm.

i still see STOCKED young people all around, despite plandemics, economies going bust, etc... many people it seems are just turning their backs on all the negativity flowing around of late and just focusing on making their small part of the planet parcel better.

mind you, just asking for a friend!

Reactions: ~rwright~

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^
what thee f**k is FOMO?
hahaha, you boyz made this ol' geezer look it up:
Fear of missing out
Fear of missing out is a social anxiety stemmed from the belief that others might be having fun while the person experiencing the anxiety is not present. It is characterized by a desire to stay continually connected with what others are doing.
still learnin' somethin' daily, still havin' giggles, gonna geta buzz too, maybe even get wet, anyway i like,
esh, 1 more shark in the air yesterday, sooo f**kin' cool to see, helpz me keep my mental health happy!
have a good 1, boyz!
:jamon:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
^^^
what thee f**k is FOMO?

still learnin' somethin' daily, still havin' giggles, gonna geta buzz too, maybe even get wet, anyway i like,
esh, 1 more shark in the air yesterday, sooo f**kin' cool to see, helpz me keep my mental health happy!
have a good 1, boyz!
Try to keep up grandpa!

• Haha
Reactions: ~rwright~ and afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Who can recommend a pulse oximeter? I found only this review webproductradar.com/best-pulse-oximeter

We had a covid scare this past week. GF had what docs now think was a norovirus. All the symptoms of covid minus the cough. Same day tests ruled out influenza a & b and strep so we had to wait for the covid test which doc at the time suspected was the case. It was crazy stressful and eye opening how difficult it was to quarantine from each other in our apartment. She isolated herself in the master bedroom and I spent the night wiping down the house hoping I didn't get it. I jumped on amazon and ordered a forehead thermometer and a pulse oximeter. The thermometer seems fine but the oximeter despite having tens of thousands of good reviews felt like cheap Chinese junk and had us both with alarmingly low blood oxygen. I've felt fine, been active and all that. Maybe my lungs are just shot from smoking too much weed? Either that or not all oximeters are created equally.

Last edited:
  • Wow

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
We had a covid scare this past week. GF had what docs now think was a norovirus. All the symptoms of covid minus the cost. Same day tests ruled out influenza a & b and strep so we had to wait for the covid test which doc at the time suspected was the case. It was crazy stressful and eye opening how difficult it was to quarantine from each other in our apartment. She isolated herself in the master bedroom and I spent the night wiping down the house hoping I didn't get it. I jumped on amazon and ordered a forehead thermometer and a pulse oximeter. The thermometer seems fine but the oximeter despite having tens of thousands of good reviews felt like cheap Chinese junk and had us both with alarmingly low blood oxygen. I've felt fine, been active and all that. Maybe my lungs are just shot from smoking too much weed? Either that or not all oximeters are created equally.
Have you tried injecting bleach? (y)

• Haha

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
my chest has been a mess this fall

fires and weed, weed and fires
try smoking an expectorant strain.

I cultivate two different ones, both unavailable anywhere but in my seed collection. 1-) makes eyes, nose, throat runny as soon as consumed and easy to clear by just hawking a luggy, blowing your nose and using some tear moisturizer drops.

the 2nd one takes a bit longer, but within 15 minutes on comes a sneezing fit, 2 minutes later your entire upper airways are 100% clear.

There's also the "airphysio" we got for my mother in law with COPD. will find you a link, works wonders by just whistling a few times a day!

Here ya go: https://www.airphysio.com/

• Love
Reactions: afoaf

TangTonic

Nep status
Feb 24, 2011
^^^
what thee f**k is FOMO?

have a good 1, boyz!
I love your eternal optimism and posts!!! Have a great day and I hope you see some sharks in the air which is what you should make your signature: SHARKS IN THE AIR!!!

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
hiya TangTonic!
thankx for some prop's, hahaha!
dig readin' your perceptions on surf, too!

i saw a bro, yesterday, Monday, checkin' it before he paddled out,
he said it was classic, what i said, when our most recently seen, {by multiple crew}, that shark in thee air:
rw ~ "I'm in Luv!"

seein' these animals breach, in L.A., how~ever rare it happens,
still keeps me, an ol' surfer, passionate 'bout my own lil' life, which, nearin' 60, is windin' down...
laterz, randy
:waving:

Last edited:

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
Yeah, the grief/pain/anger needs to be faced for certain....and even when you deal with it, it can come back, but hopefully a little less.

That said, a little numbness can help buy some breathing room or at least make it feel like you aren't drinking from a firehose in the moment.

I mean, that is why booze is served at wakes......I would have been a wreck at the wake after I scattered Friend #1 ashes in the surf. When I had to talk with his parents at the wake, the last thing* his folks needed was their son's better friends blubbering while they thanked me (with tears in their eyes and quavering voice) for everything I had done. Those two pints had just enough numbing power to dull my higher emotional functions to let them express their (greater) grief without having to also cope with mine.

* - Please note that this is my interpretation of their needs.
I lost my best friend about 10 years ago now. Addison' s disease. I was half numb, but more just stunned. I couldn't speak, which is really weird for me, ya know? I just felt so empty. Really lost.

I was watching his other friends who were able to speak at his service. I don't know how they did it. His widow was really strong. So sure they would see him in heaven.