Cambria
Checking up on how everyone is doing.

Remember to keep your head up.
Stay connected with friends and family.
Hug one another.
Talk to one another.
Set differences aside.
Remember to laugh.

You guys have made it this far then you can make it through anything. r32 sends good vibes your way. We got this.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I went down a crazy wormhole on reddit searching for medications and conditions. It’s really interesting stuff.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
we actually have houseguests as i type this from the home office. 41 year old BFF and the 7 year old son (husband is out east negotiating a pretty sweet-sounding long term private chef gig) and while it's great to see them, it's weird having people over. Not like "OMG I'm going to get Covid" weird, but weird enough to make me realize the adjustment back to "normal" might be just as weird as the months of doom and gloom. i grilled steaks last night, but i was all self conscious about handling the plates, dishing out the broccoli etc. weird

Reactions: Boneroni and r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
we actually have houseguests as i type this from the home office. 41 year old BFF and the 7 year old son (husband is out east negotiating a pretty sweet-sounding long term private chef gig) and while it's great to see them, it's weird having people over. Not like "OMG I'm going to get Covid" weird, but weird enough to make me realize the adjustment back to "normal" might be just as weird as the months of doom and gloom. i grilled steaks last night, but i was all self conscious about handling the plates, dishing out the broccoli etc. weird
I agree it's weird right now. Some of my friends with kids will not have anyone over their house, for fear of getting covid. Other friends of mine are exact opposite and having bbq cookouts and inviting friends over, with usual hugs at the front door, and no masks for anyone.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah i didn't know if she wanted for all of us to mask up, no hugs, hugs, no clue. but we decided no masks and one hug each lol. they have also been kind of vagabond for the last year or two anyway, so it's almost like they had covid mental health and resilience training before this whole thing even started. husband had a private chef gig in Israel of all places, so they were living there for a year or so. Then they bought a house on the yucatan, so they spent the first few months of covid in their new vacation home in mexico. then back here. pretty unflappable. they had some limited small family pod activities all summer out east, so that probably helped them feel more at ease. also- we have no kids and while we haven't been totally isolated, for the most part we have had very limited interactions with anyone.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I got to surf for the first time in a year yesterday. But it was on a funboard in the late afternoon chop, so it didn't really do much to help my state of mind - which is not great to put it mildly.

But tomorrow I will lay my hands on a longboard. A REALLY nice one. And I should be able to get on it before the wind does Wednesday through Saturday.

That should be good medicine.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: HarryLopez2 and r32

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Checking up on how everyone is doing.

Remember to keep your head up.
Stay connected with friends and family.
Hug one another.
Talk to one another.
Set differences aside.
Remember to laugh.

You guys have made it this far then you can make it through anything. r32 sends good vibes your way. We got this.
pretty weird the precautions all you city folk go about. Nothing has changed for us.. Now i'm f'ed
I was going to say the same thing. Biz as usual for us. I was in Germany when the sh!t hit fan. Been to east coast twice. I'm careful about hand hygiene. That's about it.

Reactions: crustBrother
Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
I was going to say the same thing. Biz as usual for us. I was in Germany when the sh!t hit fan. Been to east coast twice. I'm careful about hand hygiene. That's about it.
blows my mind hearing/reading about the sh!t people are doing. just golfed in a tournment. Went to large bbq after. I forget covid is a thing thursday thru sunday night.

Reactions: gbg