Mental Health thread

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
My parents had to hide in the subways in Liverpool at night when the german's bombed the sh!t out of the town.

I'm not saying Zoom teaching is exactly like WWII but I think it's pretty close.
My grand daddy was bombing the shít outta your grand daddy

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
not sure where you all are on this thread, but here comes a steamy hot cup of bummer....

Have to list, to not forget any.

Recently departed:

1-) my uncle, who since my father died at an early 46, has been my second father. 55 now, my dad left when I was 17, going on 18. Devastated to say the least.

2-) week later, wife's cousin died at very young age, OD of antiinflammatories due to back pain, ibuprofen'd to death over several years. She was the fun cousin, the one you love more than a sister.

3-) high school best friend, cancer took him very quickly, we didn't even know he had cancer until he was gone.

4-) our own Larry "Surfwordz" Fernandez,.
We all know that story too well.

Not one funeral for anyone... No saying goodbye, nor seeing them one last time to pay respects. They are just there one day, gone the next; and what's worse for those of us left behind aside from the already gutting loss of a loved one, not being allowed to gather and share our pain and grief as has always been done.

And now, to help me deal with the accumulated grief, loss and pain I have become the sole caregiver for my 86 year old mom, thankful for this opportunity to provide her a loving, caring, safe, healthy and happy place to spend the remainder of her days peacefully.

It helps in that it gives me something to focus on, but by the same token it is really really hard to fake a smile for her and remain cheerful right now.

Feeling pretty alone and helpless.
Living on an island with VERY LIMITED social support resources makes this a chin up and don't let them see you cry situation... Last thing my mom needs is to see her son caring for her and unwinding mentally before her face.

Oh, to have the luxury of depression.

My wife knows this; I forunately simply do not have the time for it.

Time to go prepare breakfast and get my mom's day going.

By the way, surfing? What's that?

:socrazy::crazy2::shameonyou:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Could you imagine today's snowflakes having to endure that? Actual trauma??
Actually, I think they would do better than the older generation thinks.

Adversity would bring out their true nature.

What we are seeing now (the snowflaking) is a resource sparing strategy in response to the environment we now find ourselves.

People act like snowflakes and victims because these strategies work in this environment.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I had a tantrum last night and destroyed my iPhone 11, kicked a side table to kindling, then went upstairs and hit the 90% oil and it didn’t help. got a bunch of solid waves this morning. got barreled, got smoked, and limped back to the house with a nasty bruise on my ankle. Meh

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I had a tantrum last night and destroyed my iPhone 11, kicked a side table to kindling, then went upstairs and hit the 90% oil and it didn’t help. got a bunch of solid waves this morning. got barreled, got smoked, and limped back to the house with a nasty bruise on my ankle. Meh
No judgement on your release of stress, but the oil, problem with that is you escaped for a bit, but it's still all there when you got back.

What set u off?

Reactions: greatr9

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Hang in there, my friend
remain calm
all is well

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
We are teaching remotely in the spring too.

That really freaked out my ANS.

I could get through this semester if I knew the end was in sight.

I'm saving $250 a month on gas and parking.

I would gladly pay to get back to the office.

I don't even care if I get sick.

Yet, I know I have the capacity to endure, my nervous system is just hiding it from my conscious awareness.

That is a good thing for everyone to remember.

You are stronger than you know.

There is a good reason for this lack of awareness.

Your nervous system is hiding resources for an emergency.

Look, it's an emergency! :dancing:

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
" We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. "

2 Peter 1: 19-21 KJV

" Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. "

John 14: 27 KJV

The verses above are directed to new testament believers, hence, they are for them.

The world "giveth" quite a few things, however true peace can only be recieved from the Lord Jesus Christ, and one has to be a true believer to truly know Him, and His peace that only He can give to you.

....I am goingoutside now....what is the "world" giving you?...right now, it's giving you one big, worldwide Psyop...

and it seems to be having it's "effect" on a whole lot of folks....

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
No judgement on your release of stress, but the oil, problem with that is you escaped for a bit, but it's still all there when you got back.

What set u off?
Several cancellations and a nasty interchange about a legit debt owed to us, compounded by the disappointing hurricane swell. Just snapped for a minute. Then sent myself to my bedroom for an hour. Wifes computer survived, my iPhone is all messed up, and i have a huge swollen bruise on my left calf. Fun surf today though at least and a long Morning nap afterwards. And in relation to the home improvement thread, i have 2 holes to repair in the sheet rock wall of our living room :foreheadslap:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: johnson7

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Several cancellations and a nasty interchange about a legit debt owed to us, compounded by the disappointing hurricane swell. Just snapped for a minute. Then sent myself to my bedroom for an hour. Wifes computer survived, my iPhone is all messed up, and i have a huge swollen bruise on my left calf. Fun surf today though at least and a long Morning nap afterwards. And in relation to the home improvement thread, i have 2 holes to repair in the sheet rock wall of our living room :foreheadslap:
Glad you missed the studs. Boxer's fractures are no fun.