Mental Health thread

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
How’s everyone holding up?
if you’re feeling mentally unhealthy today, try your hardest to prioritize doing something positive for your mental health
i hear meditation can be good for some people, even though I think I take naps while I’ve meditated
just putting on some music can change your mood
and one other thought is to show some appreciation to someone. I keep hearing that makes people feel better, on both sides of that comment
have a mentally healthy day erbbers!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I have trouble meditating.

I get dysregulted.

I always self regulate effectively when I am working toward a meaningful goal.

You are what you do.

Fvcking is good.

But my girl kicked me off the sex train last month.

So I am sad.

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I haven’t been sleeping. It’s causing anxiety. I try to think positive but there’s so much bullshit going on it’s hard to relax.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I haven’t been sleeping. It’s causing anxiety. I try to think positive but there’s so much bullshit going on it’s hard to relax.
There’s so much bullshit going on, it’s important to make the time to relax

Reactions: Mr Doof

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Trying to limit booze, any screen time within at least an hour of bedtime, exercise more, keep to routine of sleep/wake, eat better. It helps for teh most part.
Yeah booze doesn’t help. I’ve gone dry. Tried to get back into it but even one beer has such a negative affect. To be fair these are 8%+ pints.

TheEl

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 31, 2010
I had two weeks of work last month for the first time since March. Felt great. Then went on a road trip for mine and my wifes bdays. Now back at home. No work lined up. Back to the ominous uncertain future feeling. Gonna start an inexpensive home project next week and got a permit for a backpacking trip later this month. Its good to have things to look forward to.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Been feeling better. Relaxing into this whole no work thing even though theres a good chance I may get some soon. Been interviewing with a company and im definitely in the running for a staff job - or at the least freelance work.. just dont know when. Kinda worried about unemployment because mine runs out in August and dont know if Ill get the extension but I have about a year and ahlf of savings which was meant for a house/condo but whatevers. Money comes and goes or thats what i keep telling myself.

Been meditating, yoga and working out alot every day and met a cool brazzo girl about a month ago now and weve been hanging out alot which is also helping.

We are going camping along the coast next week, hopefully get some of this south swell that going to be show up Tuesday so really looking forward to that.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I want to stop smoking weed so I can keep my mind set on a goal for six months and get it done, through the uncomfortable times. I've been trying to move the fvck out of this sad surf area for a long time, and there is no reason that I haven't other than that i get high and feel content, every day. Content isn't happy though.
I'm with Autoprax in the belief that humans are supposed to be trying to accomplish something, adjust to something, fvck something, whatever, just push your rock.
But fvck I miss sleeping and eating. I'm a zombie.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I want to stop smoking weed so I can keep my mind set on a goal for six months and get it done, through the uncomfortable times. I've been trying to move the fvck out of this sad surf area for a long time, and there is no reason that I haven't other than that i get high and feel content, every day. Content isn't happy though.
I'm with Autoprax in the belief that humans are supposed to be trying to accomplish something, adjust to something, fvck something, whatever, just push your rock.
i made a rule with myself when i got layed off. no weed until after dinner. its done wonders for my mental state and everyone ive been around noticed a difference in my general mood for the better.

weed actually works if its not the first thing you do every day (no judgement, as soon as i get work its back to wake n bake.)

Reactions: stringcheese

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
i made a rule with myself when i got layed off. no weed until after dinner. its done wonders for my mental state and everyone ive been around noticed a difference in my general mood for the better.

weed actually works if its not the first thing you do every day (no judgement, as soon as i get work its back to wake n bake.)
Getting high is best when it's earned, imho. When the chores are done, the bills are paid, the kids are in bed, and my world is intact for yet another day, then it's time to light up.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
If you want to accomplish something, sleeping and eating well are both pretty important

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
I lamed 2 layers on my paddle board today. No way I couldx have done that if high. Set a simple goal, and do that instead

Reactions: stringcheese

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I don’t know who else has been going in to work this whole time. I’m starting to realize what a mental toll it’s taken. Been having unexplained crippling anxiety attacks. I feel really fucked.