Mental Health thread

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You guys are crazy.

So a gathering of peers.

I’ve been training in the garage going for endorphin release. I’m getting tired of kicking and punching things that don’t hit back. Lifting heavy things. In my dingy garage. Projects I could do are sitting untouched. Working out until I drop and then day drinking as I NetFlick is getting old. Trying Head Space. I find it difficult. I’ll just go ahead and say it. What I really want is either empty waves in the sun or sedation. I can’t get the former it seems. The later I can get with a phone call. But I’m being good.

I have no financial problems. My Father seems to be rallying on hospice care. Liquid morphine. My taxes should be done tomorrow. No doubt I’ll have to cut the Gov a healthy check. Things could definitely be worse, but I’m just bleh. Mildly depressed. Groundhogs day. Over and over...

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
No doubt I’ll have to cut the Gov a healthy check. Things could definitely be worse, but I’m just bleh. Mildly depressed. Groundhogs day. Over and over...

About to write the gov a fat check. I should be depressed about it, but I think it actually woke me up.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
Learn new things. Especially after 40, learning something new and being a kook is really freeing. I moved to the PNW seven years ago and learned how to kite. Beginner's enthusiasm is really fun.

Your veggies haven't grown? Figure out why. Send in soil samples for testing. Talk to some master gardeners online. Drill down.

When I lost my job in 2007/2008 in San Diego I started shaping bamboo fins. It was fun and some of my friends actually used them. I started getting some compliments on them. I could have pushed it further but it was fun and kept my brain engaged. I kept surfing which nourished my need for community and exercise.

Exercise is part of the equation, but humans thrive on manageable challenges and community.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My vegetables aren't really flourishing like i expected either. yellow squash is coming in, got a few that are shaping up nicely. But the zucchini plant has one pathetic little zuke, nothing on the beefsteak tomato plant yet. Cayenne peppers coming up, but i told my wife to get jalapeno and she got those instead and i have no idea WTF i'm going to do with all of those peppers. Homemade hot sauce i guess. i wanted to pickle fresh jalapenos.

How are you all doing?
What did you do to help fix the salty sandy soil you must have?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I've been having a different experience than some of you.
Life before this was groundhogs day. Every day, same shlt, marching forward towards the eventual death that waits for us all. Sometimes it got hard to answer "why?"

I've rarely felt more aware of each passing day, consistently, than since the first day that the government took away our ability to be together. I appreciate the aware, awake, feeling. Life is like camping at the moment. There could be bears, or methheads (hi oregon) out there.

You wake up today, you just don't know. Maybe there will be a massive riot, a revolt against a government, maybe we're taking over a Costco with a group of friends and defending it in survival mode?

Probably not. Realistically, the only difference in life as I ACTUALLY experience it around me(other than whether or not I am allowed to run a business, minor detail) is that a lot of people are afraid, or upset, and most entirely because of things they've seen on TV (living in place where the virus has simply not caused the damage that i'm told it has elsewhere, at all)

Every day I poke into the news to see what new thing is illegal. Turn on ESPN to hear why everything I'd like to see happen is evil and careless of me.

It makes me feel like a thing that exists, in a sea of "maybe, maybe not". I am real, if nothing else is. Being temporary becomes easier to cope with

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I'm feeling it.

My outlet has been mostly riding my bike, walking the dog and unloading on Dyson and UPS customer service after a never ending saga of customer service failures. Today was my 11th call to them since 5/11 and I verbally gave the supervisor the peoples elbow and was promised a refund in the next 3 business days for the 3rd time.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I'm feeling it.

My outlet has been mostly riding my bike, walking the dog and unloading on Dyson and UPS customer service after a never ending saga of customer service failures. Today was my 11th call to them since 5/11 and I verbally gave the supervisor the peoples elbow and was promised a refund in the next 3 business days for the 3rd time.
Did you call the guy a Jabroni before or after delivering the peoples elbow?

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Spend more time w the new pup. Want a new challenge? Try foiling. Steep learning curve. Go faster than you ever have, fall harder, get scared like you did when you were a grom...
... all on a waist high wave that nobody would ever try to surf.

Good luck, and sorry you're dealing with this.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Yep, much the same for me. More fit and flexible than ever, surfing better than ever, but the isolation has been pretty gnarly on me. I worked from home until last week, and I was starting to believe the fvcked up things my wife passive-aggressively accuses me of. Got feeling pretty hopeless and even surfing was just an escape and not really a balm.
Then, went back to work and things got better in that sense at least.

I'm noticing that I'm flipping on a dime emotionally, but I'm trying to be kind to myself. Managing home life/conflict/parenting is just fvcking exhausting and I think I'm doing a damn fine job of being patient and nice, all things considered.

Granted, in order to not just fvcking crack I'm basically micro-dosing THC all the time.

I also got the best music gig (not ongoing) I've ever had and I'm kinda on cloud nine from that. Who knows how I'll feel once that airs and it's over.

I am pretty worried about my daughter though. She's doing all the typical turning-into-a-teenager stuff (which is natural and I can handle just fine), but after 3 months of doing really well at home she seems to have lost interest in everything. She was really excited about entering Jr. high, and without that to look forward to she seems kinda lost. It's sad to see and I'm doing my best to be there for her.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Walking, 4 - 5 miles in the AM hours. Working around the house. Replacing 4 x 6 deck posts. Removing and repainting steps & replacing sandpaper strips. Backyard mowing once a week. :cursing:Sh!t just keeps on growing. Hedge trimming. (phuggin neighbors!) No time for f###'in off. Walking the dog twice a day. Sitting in the Car with the AC running because it's so fuggin humid at times ~
It'z tuff living with one's own bitchy self ~ ~ ~ :waving: