Mental Health thread

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Well, if you're fit, 50 is the new 35, and I'm only 42. I'm still in young adulthood. Hell apparently a lot of shrinks say one's emotional development stops as soon as you pick up an addiction, and I was all over the sauce at a ripe young age. So really, between my dramatic health improvements in the last several years, and my stunted emotional growth, I'm like 22 years old.
Not sure that’s addiction related. Most of us never grow up mentally and we show that here daily. Maybe not a bad thing. Grumpy old man out.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
and i dont like anyone else i work with besides her, and frankly most of the time i dont think they like working with me anyways.
Welcome to my world. I finally have a job now where I don't have to mind every syllable that foams out of my pie-hole. I keep telling my boss, If the company makes me come in to work everyday, Nobody will come out ahead.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
single best way to test your mental health and fortitude, sit by and watch the slow decay of your parents minds as they turn to mush.

not easy, i must say.

both my better half and i are currently dealing with this most unfortunate situation. she by phone as her mom's in a residence. me first hand as my mom's here with us in our home.

:socrazy::shameonyou::socrazy:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
The women have been keeping a secret from us, boys. The secret is "spa day", and it will change everything. I'll be doing this once a month, at least, forever. I think I'm already a better person.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
How do you feel better? Isn't a spa sort of a place with a hot tub and alcohol, maybe a manicure and massage? Happy Ending not so much that kind of massage but still otherwise a full on pampering session.
My wife does stuff like that, but she never invited me. What am I missing?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
How do you feel better? Isn't a spa sort of a place with a hot tub and alcohol, maybe a manicure and massage? Happy Ending not so much that kind of massage but still otherwise a full on pampering session.
My wife does stuff like that, but she never invited me. What am I missing?

She's probably not inviting you because the women all got together at one of their meetings and decided they needed to hide this from men, lest we ruin it.

It'll take all day and cost you about $250 when it's all said and done. Pick somewhere nice, fancy as fvck hotel over the water. It was my first time, but I wasn't messing with some Asian place next to a liquor store or anything like that. Book a massage for the afternoon, show up hours before it. Go alone so you can indulge in doing whatever the hell you feel like all day without worrying about. Lounge around in rooms designed to be relaxing places to be, go back and forth from tubs with jets to showers to lounge chairs to pools to whatever your body is drawn to...it sounds like just being lazy, and it is, but it's much more than that because of the environment and all the water. I didn't drink, just read a book and enjoyed how unbelievably happy and at peace I was. Of course the professional massage is the highlight activity, which to me beats sex for rarity, being focused on me alone, and leaving me feeling better after. I've had all the sex, I have not had enough professional massages. After that you can just lay there. Then lay somewhere else. Then go in water, then different water.
It is the exact opposite of waking up and taking care of all the bullshlt that is maintaining an adult life. Warm water, pleasant lighting, light music, the only people you interact with are there specifically to make you feel good in some way...
I left feeling like my body had been melted down and reformed, and knowing that this is something I do now. :roflmao:

Something tells me Subway probably knows what's up.

Reactions: npsp

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Fair enough, I understand. Thank you. Did you top, and did someone explain a little or did you transition into the chill zone naturally? I would need some suggestive guidance. Lolllll

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Fair enough, I understand. Thank you. Did you top, and did someone explain a little or did you transition into the chill zone naturally? I would need some suggestive guidance. Lolllll
Um, no, I didn't top. Or bottom....I'm not sure you do understand. You should still go, just, try to remember there won't be any happy endings or butt sex.
I didn't know what I was getting into, I was actually just looking for the massage part, but started reading online reviews and that lead to reading women on the internet talking about spa days. Being thoroughly in touch with my feminine side already, I was a bit shocked that this was news to me. I have chastised female friends about this since.
Just go with free time and no intention to accomplish anything, you'll be glad you did.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
That was supposed to say "Tip" as in 20%+/-? But it's good you cleared that up just in case.
I've given those as Christmas gifts for several years but it sounds good after a sub-freezing pummeling I hope to suffer come Monday, Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
That was supposed to say "Tip" as in 20%+/-? But it's good you cleared that up just in case.
I've given those as Christmas gifts for several years but it sounds good after a sub-freezing pummeling I hope to suffer come Monday, Tuesday.
I tipped 25% because I was stocked on the whole thing and really spent a long time there. I would say where, but with how people are about naming spots...

Reactions: npsp

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
She's probably not inviting you because the women all got together at one of their meetings and decided they needed to hide this from men, lest we ruin it.

It'll take all day and cost you about $250 when it's all said and done. Pick somewhere nice, fancy as fvvk hotel over the water. It was my first time, but I wasn't messing with some Asian place next to a liquor store or anything like that. Book a massage for the afternoon, show up hours before it. Go alone so you can indulge in doing whatever the hell you feel like all day without worrying about. Lounge around in rooms designed to be relaxing places to be, go back and forth from tubs with jets to showers to lounge chairs to pools to whatever your body is drawn to...it sounds like just being lazy, and it is, but it's much more than that because of the environment and all the water. I didn't drink, just read a book and enjoyed how unbelievably happy and at peace I was. Of course the professional massage is the highlight activity, which to me beats sex for rarity, being focused on me alone, and leaving me feeling better after. I've had all the sex, I have not had enough professional massages. After that you can just lay there. Then lay somewhere else. Then go in water, then different water.
It is the exact opposite of waking up and taking care of all the bullshlt that is maintaining an adult life. Warm water, pleasant lighting, light music, the only people you interact with are there specifically to make you feel good in some way...
I left feeling like my body had been melted down and reformed, and knowing that this is something I do now. :roflmao:

How did Ferris put it? If you have the means, I HIGHLY recommend one

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
How did Ferris put it? If you have the means, I HIGHLY recommend one
Scheduled for today for 70 min Reiki session (complete full body massage to start), followed by some TCM (traditional Chinese medicine).

Will report back afterwards if able to type.

#jellyjelly

:applause2:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

It'll take all day and cost you about $250 when it's all said and done. Pick somewhere nice, fancy as fvvk hotel over the water. It was my first time, but I wasn't messing with some Asian place next to a liquor store or anything like that. Book a massage for the afternoon, show up hours before it. Go alone so you can indulge in doing whatever the hell you feel like all day without worrying about. Lounge around in rooms designed to be relaxing places to be, go back and forth from tubs with jets to showers to lounge chairs to pools to whatever your body is drawn to...it sounds like just being lazy, and it is, but it's much more than that because of the environment and all the water. I didn't drink, just read a book and enjoyed how unbelievably happy and at peace I was. Of course the professional massage is the highlight activity, which to me beats sex for rarity, being focused on me alone, and leaving me feeling better after. I've had all the sex, I have not had enough professional massages. After that you can just lay there. Then lay somewhere else. Then go in water, then different water.

there's a Korean spa by Torrance Medical Center that has incredible facilities...I got a 90 minute massage where a cute Korean girl walked on my back and access to all facilities for 1/3rd or less what you'd pay at Terranea or similar.

reiki is a fkn scam

Reactions: stringcheese