Mental Health thread

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Touché :roflmao: :sick:
that will be the guy sitting next to me on jet blue tomorrow. Jet blue. Oh how the moderately successful have fallen

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Just totally snapped in a meeting. Been going hard at work. Late night and early morning meetings. Working with an incompetent program manager and having to do her job.

She just asked me to review two slide decks I had already seen in response to a simple architecture/requirement question.
I know this is because she is clueless but hard to say in a meeting "You are an idiot just tell me the answer, you don't know do you?"
Except I just did :foreheadslap:

Reframed the question , pointed out its not listed in the deck, others agreed and then I asked again.
She looked so upset, long pause then told us she would have to get back to us.

Now I feel like a complete asshole. Even though she is a bitch always try to be a nice guy at work.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Just totally snapped in a meeting. Been going hard at work. Late night and early morning meetings. Working with an incompetent program manager and having to do her job.

She just asked me to review two slide decks I had already seen in response to a simple architecture/requirement question.
I know this is because she is clueless but hard to say in a meeting "You are an idiot just tell me the answer, you don't know do you?"
Except I just did :foreheadslap:

Reframed the question , pointed out its not listed in the deck, others agreed and then I asked again.
She looked so upset, long pause then told us she would have to get back to us.

Now I feel like a complete asshole. Even though she is a bitch always try to be a nice guy at work.

That's not snapping, you're alright. Gotta be a bit Ari Gold sometimes to get shlt done.

Reactions: santacruzin

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Lol, awesome advice dudes. :crazy2:

always be diplomatic and bureaucratic but with a dagger behind your back and an ace up your sleeve.

best to not show your cards until you’re ready to make the heads roll. quiet ninja is the one you want to be else a quiet ninja may make your head roll first.

citing life lesions from The Wire, “a police officer is only as good as his informants” - Nobody is going to backchannel information to a dick.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
lol kind of my own office philosophy. I’m a producer not a box checker. If I’m not pissing in someones coffee occasionally (usually a manager) to get them to do their jobs and get what I need to see deals through, then I’m not getting much done at all.
One of the main reasons I will not work for a big corpo anymore. Had to **** into too many coffee cups to get simple tasks approved/accomplished. Too stifling and counter productive.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
One of the main reasons I will not work for a big corpo anymore. Had to **** into too many coffee cups to get simple tasks approved/accomplished. Too stifling and counter productive.
I totally get that but I also kind of enjoy running roughshod and uncaring around the corporate environment, well known not to seeking any rank but to make bank. Sometimes I get too fired up about sh!t, but other wise the whole thing is a big game to make as much money as I can by the time I’m 50 and have some fun doing it

Reactions: npsp and grapedrink

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Cannot say I miss and 'orifice', a cubicle, a tie, a coworker, a boss, yup... Not one bit of ANY OF IT!
The move to remote work has greatly improved this. Far more people can fook off after lunch on a Friday instead of slogging it out until 5.

That said, it’s still work and it still sucks for many. 0/7 would not recommend

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Cannot say I miss and 'orifice', a cubicle, a tie, a coworker, a boss, yup... Not one bit of ANY OF IT!
Can't wait to get past this working life thing. Subway is so new York his white tee still say sunwear. Me? couple hundred grand in the brokerage to play with and safely make ~2k a month from the computer, I'm on a plane to rotate between southern Mexico and some island in Indo until death do my constituent atoms part.

Reactions: grapedrink

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Ah, guilty As charged…The sun wear t sh!t thing confused me

im right there with you but I’m pulling the cord when I hit a few million. Ancillary income will come from renting our beach house every summer and hosting yoga retreats at our home in Nicaragua

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Ah, guilty As charged…The sun wear t sh!t thing confused me

im right there with you but I’m pulling the cord when I hit a few million. Ancillary income will come from renting our beach house every summer and hosting yoga retreats at our home in Nicaragua
There’s so many more ways to make a buck nowadays. I’m looking at some income generating investment properties as we speak. Will swoop my first in January then 1 per year for the next 5 years (at least).

Don’t trade hours for dollars forever. Mailbox money for the win :beer:

Reactions: npsp

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Oh I’m making plenty of mail box money already. As the saying goes, if you aren’t making money in your sleep, you’ll work til you die

and, I know I’m in a high stress Corporate sales job, but I’m not grinding for like, 100 k per year. That would suck and would not be worth the trade off. What I earn in an average year is well worth the trade off, and I have the freedom to surf when we eventually get waves again, next year I’ll have 47 PTO days (when I even bother logging them lol) for 3-4 surf trips plus 2 family/spouse related trips. my set up is pretty sweet considering how much work and how much sacrifice most other high earners have to endure. I actually make more than most attorneys my age and they’re working 80 hour weeks and answer to literally everyone. I answer only vaguely to a couple of people

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp and grapedrink