Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Venice..Not horrible so far but its been 2 days. About 50 minutes each way. Def not sustainable though for me at least. I think its just for this particular project but these things have a tendency to drag on for months and my car is a lease.
#valife Mon-Thurs.

#weekendsatdabeach

Reactions: CutnSnip

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
The hits keep on coming. just got offered my old job back this morning. Looks like Im moving back to LA after being in OC for 2 weeks. lol

Stocked though! Ive literally woke up with anxiety every morning since my lay off in April wondering If Id ever get that call. Nice to have it come through and that weight be gone. I will NOT be moving back to Hwood. Dont care how much it costs and how bad the commute to Burbank may be - west side here I come.

littlewave

Michael Peterson status
Nov 15, 2009
Orange County
The hits keep on coming. just got offered my old job back this morning. Looks like Im moving back to LA after being in OC for 2 weeks. lol

Stocked though! Ive literally woke up with anxiety every morning since my lay off in April wondering If Id ever get that call. Nice to have it come through and that weight be gone. I will NOT be moving back to Hwood. Dont care how much it costs and how bad the commute to Burbank may be - west side here I come.
Is drive to Burbank from west side any shorter than from OC?
Google maps says it's about double the distance from westside (Santa Monica, El Segundo, and Torrance were three spots I checked), but at this moment, only about 15-20 minute longer drive.

I miss LA sometimes, but Orange County ain't so bad.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Yea I dont know, I just did some quick google mapping and its only a little longer drive time but I have a leased car so thats kind of weighing in on my decision.

Im trying to weigh the pros/cons but the only pro OC has is the surf so far. Gotta admit, i grew up in OC, been in LA for 20 years now and while I love visiting OC - the last two weeks have been sort of a culture or lack thereof shock.

Reactions: rice

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Been on Xanax for a few weeks now just to be able to sleep. Micro doses (0.5mg) only, but already forgetting stuff....

Started halving the dose yesterday. Hope to be completely free of it by months end.

I learned my lesson long ago with the cold turkey stuff.... :crazy2:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Been on Xanax for a few weeks now just to be able to sleep. Micro doses (0.5mg) only, but already forgetting stuff....

Started halving the dose yesterday. Hope to be completely free of it by months end.

I learned my lesson long ago with the cold turkey stuff.... :crazy2:
you don't sleep well because you smoke too much dope

stop smoking dope and you'll have nice dreams

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
ah man....wen iw as akid...nothign like a couple of those 1000 mg vic horse pills and a 40. pure fugging bliss!
I used to take my parents's when I would go visit them right before they died.

My mom bought me hornitos and margarita mix.

It made the visits so much nicer.

I'd sit on their couch and watch as they drove their metaphorical car off the rails.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
you don't sleep well because you smoke too much dope

stop smoking dope and you'll have nice dreams
Yeah.... No!

Actually, since I encountered my 87 year old mother acting like the Golgothan from Dogma for the first time.

Luckily, the diaper war has been won, but I have had trouble sleeping since the 1st of too many episodes, where not even the Cherry Apple Cinnamon spray helped.

Question, serious too, how do you get chit on the top of a round light fixture that hangs from the ceiling 9 feet high?

I don't know, but ask my mother, when she's possessed, she knows!!!!!

Thus, the Xanax.

(edit: dosing down to 0.25 per day as of last night.... after a week or so, will go every other night, and then every third, until the box runs out... not going to renew this script. too many horror stories from friends about this stuff.)

Last edited: