Mental Health thread

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
chores as busy work don’t do the trick for me. feels like adult homework.

i prefer to start an activity that didn’t need starting and finish it when I feel it’s done.

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
a fun tip:
try to surf switch~footed!
i started to a few yearz back,
giggles, again, for you'll be a kook once more,
like i am when i goof~off, many years l8er, onward from '76...
RW-04.JPG
:drowning:

ps ~ what, a 'mental health' thread without some ol' Quiet Riot?
hahaha...

Reactions: Joshua2415 and PJ

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This whole thread is another example of the casualties we are causing by this short-sighted approach to fighting this "pandemic"

Is it worth destroying this many lives to save the lives of others?

Reactions: Jonahbrah and PRCD

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
Subway, are you in sales? The company I work for needs another sales person. Not sure how it compares to what you do now salary wise and if they’d take on a green sales guy but I don’t think they’d be opposed to it.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
You guys are crazy.

So a gathering of peers.

I’ve been training in the garage going for endorphin release. I’m getting tired of kicking and punching things that don’t hit back. Lifting heavy things. In my dingy garage. Projects I could do are sitting untouched. Working out until I drop and then day drinking as I NetFlick is getting old. Trying Head Space. I find it difficult. I’ll just go ahead and say it. What I really want is either empty waves in the sun or sedation. I can’t get the former it seems. The later I can get with a phone call. But I’m being good.

I have no financial problems. My Father seems to be rallying on hospice care. Liquid morphine. My taxes should be done tomorrow. No doubt I’ll have to cut the Gov a healthy check. Things could definitely be worse, but I’m just bleh. Mildly depressed. Groundhogs day. Over and over...
I cannot muster up the mojo to workout alone in the garage anymore. I was going 7 days a week, sometimes more than once but all I want to do now is walk or hike. I've been doing some big hikes alone that are cool. I found a gym that's actually open that's doing sparring so I'm going to go check that out.

Humans are social. Social distancing is not good for us, but the biggest problem is that even if we try to avoid all the depressing news we're going to hear about it because this is the biggest world event in years.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yep, much the same for me. More fit and flexible than ever, surfing better than ever, but the isolation has been pretty gnarly on me. I worked from home until last week, and I was starting to believe the fvcked up things my wife passive-aggressively accuses me of. Got feeling pretty hopeless and even surfing was just an escape and not really a balm.
Then, went back to work and things got better in that sense at least.

I'm noticing that I'm flipping on a dime emotionally, but I'm trying to be kind to myself. Managing home life/conflict/parenting is just fvcking exhausting and I think I'm doing a damn fine job of being patient and nice, all things considered.

Granted, in order to not just fvcking crack I'm basically micro-dosing THC all the time.

I also got the best music gig (not ongoing) I've ever had and I'm kinda on cloud nine from that. Who knows how I'll feel once that airs and it's over.

I am pretty worried about my daughter though. She's doing all the typical turning-into-a-teenager stuff (which is natural and I can handle just fine), but after 3 months of doing really well at home she seems to have lost interest in everything. She was really excited about entering Jr. high, and without that to look forward to she seems kinda lost. It's sad to see and I'm doing my best to be there for her.
The kids are suffering. Bad

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I know something is up because every Tuesday I clean my entire house and I find myself looking forward to it every week. Might even add a second day of the week I clean the entire house. Put my headphones on and clean every inch.

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
^^^^^
hahaha,
scrubadubdub, keepin' it clean!

'79, i went to Thee North Shore for my 1st time,
stayed across from 'Rubber Duckies' at Lenny's pad, a friend of a friend of my Mom's.
aged 16, i'd hear his chick would scream out at night, "oh Lenny, oh Lenny" as that bushy,
red~headed lil' dude drilled that hot brunetttes pu**y, before they would fight l8er in the day...

i'd hum this song, below, out there, whilst surfin' fun lil' waves if i did not feel like walkin' up the road, nor hitchin' a ride to surf elsewhere. i used to think i was kinda odd, what, silly lil' random songz keep runnin' thru my brain, 'til i read some~thing that ke11y said, yearz ago, that he too surfed with random songz in his head...

for your amusement, boyz:
hahaha...
:shaka:

Last edited:

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
I know something is up because every Tuesday I clean my entire house and I find myself looking forward to it every week. Might even add a second day of the week I clean the entire house. Put my headphones on and clean every inch.
Well if cleaning the house makes you feel better you are welcome to clean mine once a week also. Heck, I'll even pay you and buy you lunch. Just tryin' to help a brother out. ;) Wednesdays work good for me. :shaka:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Today I didn’t do sh!t. Moved a bed at my fathers house, went and got a gain/loss statement from Merrill Lynch, took that to my accountant and then did... nothing. I just didn’t have it. I feel like crap for not doing anything, but today I felt like crap when I woke up. In the mornings lately I have little motivation to get out of bed. Another groundhogs day. I need to get back in the water consistently. I’ve even lost my motivation for that. Not good at my age.

But things could be worse. If I was on a COVID ward waiting to be intubated I’d probably beg and plead for another groundhogs day.

Martini time. Fire up the BBQ. What a bunch of pussies we are. But tomorrow is another day. I resolve to do better next time.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Today I didn’t do sh!t. Moved a bed at my fathers house, went and got a gain/loss statement from Merrill Lynch, took that to my accountant and then did... nothing. I just didn’t have it. I feel like crap for not doing anything, but today I felt like crap when I woke up. In the mornings lately I have little motivation to get out of bed. Another groundhogs day. I need to get back in the water consistently. I’ve even lost my motivation for that. Not good at my age.
This is called "depression." Groundhog Day is causing depression.

Reactions: Boneroni

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This whole thread is another example of the casualties we are causing by this short-sighted approach to fighting this "pandemic"

Is it worth destroying this many lives to save the lives of others?

Precisely.

The ridiculous refusal to allow elementary kids back to school in the fall is a sign of things to come. I'm betting no in-person instruction for the ENTIRE year. Makes me so pissed to see districts shitting all over kids (and parents for that matter) and I don't even have kids.

On the flip side - perspective - a lot of this stuff = first-world problems, especially the inability to travel internationally, not go to a restaurant to sit down, etc. Yeah I'm feeling it too and it's pathetic. So many things we enjoy in life are really just luxuries and we really have so many of them. No, I'm not blowing this stuff off and saying it's not important - just saying the reality of it is what it is.

But yeah, so much of this stay at home forever crap is so so very short-sighted knee-jerk behavior...and when you thought that was going to be extent of mass stupidity along come the anti-mask idiots. Both are perpetuating the collective angst society will continue to experience.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I cannot muster up the mojo to workout alone in the garage anymore. I was going 7 days a week, sometimes more than once but all I want to do now is walk or hike. I've been doing some big hikes alone that are cool. I found a gym that's actually open that's doing sparring so I'm going to go check that out.

Humans are social. Social distancing is not good for us, but the biggest problem is that even if we try to avoid all the depressing news we're going to hear about it because this is the biggest world event in years.

i prefer it. nothing like freaking the fk out about getting pinned under the bar at 1am with no gym bro idiots around.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I've been having a different experience than some of you.
Life before this was groundhogs day. Every day, same shlt, marching forward towards the eventual death that waits for us all. Sometimes it got hard to answer "why?"

I've rarely felt more aware of each passing day, consistently, than since the first day that the government took away our ability to be together. I appreciate the aware, awake, feeling. Life is like camping at the moment. There could be bears, or methheads (hi oregon) out there.

You wake up today, you just don't know. Maybe there will be a massive riot, a revolt against a government, maybe we're taking over a Costco with a group of friends and defending it in survival mode?

Probably not. Realistically, the only difference in life as I ACTUALLY experience it around me(other than whether or not I am allowed to run a business, minor detail) is that a lot of people are afraid, or upset, and most entirely because of things they've seen on TV (living in place where the virus has simply not caused the damage that i'm told it has elsewhere, at all)

Every day I poke into the news to see what new thing is illegal. Turn on ESPN to hear why everything I'd like to see happen is evil and careless of me.

It makes me feel like a thing that exists, in a sea of "maybe, maybe not". I am real, if nothing else is. Being temporary becomes easier to cope with
I kinda have the same perspective.

Do you have kids?

I think it'd be way different with kids.