Mental Health thread

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
paddled out a couple days ago wondering if I still had it in me to pop up and ride

made a decent bottom turn on my first wave and got three nice pumps down a short clean section before kicking out as it walled up and closed out

paddled back out with a grin that was like to split my head in half

SurfFuerteventura

Kelly Slater status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Got a real gem dropped on me yesterday…

“SF you are looking at your relationships in a dangerous way. Rather than seeing your mom, ex, brothers, etc… as a drain on your energy, where they take and take, and eventually you become exhausted, extinguished and end up in a hospital bed; you should attempt to see yourself as encompassed by the sun. Fully surrounded in its fire, but unburnt, rather energized and revitalized by the energy. Then instead of seeing those relationships as a drain of that light, see yourself taking them by the hand and inviting them into your ball of light. If they accept your energy, it will only be multiplied by that which you feed them, in turn revitalizing them, which in turn feeds you. Those who don’t accept, will just be burned out by your light and leave you unaffected“.

Boom.

Thank you Joel.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Got a real gem dropped on me yesterday…

“SF you are looking at your relationships in a dangerous way. Rather than seeing your mom, ex, brothers, etc… as a drain on your energy, where they take and take, and eventually you become exhausted, extinguished and end up in a hospital bed; you should attempt to see yourself as encompassed by the sun. Fully surrounded in its fire, but unburnt, rather energized and revitalized by the energy. Then instead of seeing those relationships as a drain of that light, see yourself taking them by the hand and inviting them into your ball of light. If they accept your energy, it will only be multiplied by that which you feed them, in turn revitalizing them, which in turn feeds you. Those who don’t accept, will just be burned out by your light and leave you unaffected“.

Boom.

Thank you Joel.
lol fucking hippies

SurfFuerteventura

Kelly Slater status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
What did Joel even mean? A jew didn't write that for sure.
Screw da heebs, and their dogma.

what did he mean? It’s a simple visualization excersize. Surely you’ve done these before, right? Night before a big swell, as you fall asleep you see yourself scoring the best waves of the day on the biggest sets, and then loe and behold, the next day, it happens just like you saw the night before in your minds eye.

rastovich’s father referenced this in one of his early videos where he had decided to not go pro. Spoke about how the early Vikings, from which they supposedly descended, before battle would feel in their heart what they would do the next day, then they would see it in their minds eye, then carry it out with their physical bodies the next day.

in my case, I shared with this friend that I had ended up in the hospital three times already due to exhaustion related to caring for my mother without any help whatsoever. He responded with concern for my future health, that as an analyst by profession, where did my professional self see me in the long run, and he continued to point out, the 1st time you stayed over night, the 2nd 2 nights and 2 days and this last time 5 days and 4 nights…. Dont you see a pattern? There will come a time when you go into the hospital and never come out, who cares for your mother then? Your 2 brothers or your sister who have already shown how much they care, by how much they are helping you out?

He told me to close my eyes, and think about that, then asked me if I wanted to give my life caring for her.

That’s when he used the “hippie” visualization, as the manly erBB posters refer to it, to show me a way to change the chip in my brain that was causing me to think that way.

what he meant?

rather than see things as a drain to you, try to see yourself as offering your energy to these things (be they work, relationships, injuries, etc…) and that’s all. rather than seeing them as draining your energy, see yourself sharing your energy with them. if they take it, their energy grows, which in turn feeds yours to grow. if they do not, your energy remains unfazed, and you are able to indefinitely keep offering your energy, without it draining you.

again, in my particular case, see myself as giving my energy to the care of my mother, not to my mother. the care will always remain the same, and thus you can always do it, even if it requires more and more energy. where as if I allow myself to see her as a drain of my energy, my brain will do just that and as it has shown me repeatedly, put me into the ER.

hope it helps some struggling with draining jobs, relationships, etc….

those it doesn’t, just like in the example, can laugh all you want, it doesn’t fase nor affect the energy intended in any way.

peace out mf’rs,
:jamon:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
That’s when he used the “hippie” visualization, as the manly erBB posters refer to it, to show me a way to change the chip in my brain that was causing me to think that way.
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA you mean the idiots who can only see things their way?

I have started ignoring posters who come to this thread and act like twatwaffles.
Its knice!