Mental Health thread

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I wish I’d read this a longgg time ago (along with Dr Bob Rotella’s books on how to be good at golf/life like Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect).

YMMV

D7126BAD-8F81-4DFB-886B-5190F2CF77BA.jpeg
1EE0B67B-5F89-40BA-A75E-333B568AAF33.jpeg
1083F612-4571-43C7-BEAC-BF7ECA79E1B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta

Cashin' in my chips for forgiveness
Trading in my shame for perspective
Tired of being known for my sickness
It didn't work, I'm tryin' something different,

Healing got me lookin' for freedom
Happiness it used to be fleeting
History was always repeating
Not anymore

I'm California sober
It doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over

No, it ain't black or white, it's all of the colors
That I only just discovered, now I'm California sober
California sober

Used to live in fear of always slipping
But living for perfection isn't living
, I
I ran a little slower, now I'm tripping, I
A beautiful and magical beginning, I
Healing got me lookin' for freedom
Happiness, it used to be fleeting
History was always repeating
Not anymore

I'm California sober
It doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over
California Sober

Trading judgment for freedom
Found somethin' new to believe in
Somethin' inside of me screaming
"Don't be so hard on yourself"

Look up, somethin' has shifted
My heavy spirit is lifted
I found myself

I'm California sober
Doesn't have to mean the growin' part is over
California sober
I, California sober, I
California sober
While I find the term "california sober" SUPER cringy, those are actually really nice lyrics.
(Though, i'm definately NOT a fan of her music)

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My dad enjoyed seeing me get and stay sober sober for a few years before he died. And speaking of golf and sobriety, I started playing just a few months after putting the bottle down. My dad had tried to learn the game in his 60s with not much success. He looked at me one of the few times we golfed together, I was probably under a year sober, and said “man I don’t know how the hell you’re trying to learn this game in early sobriety. I never could have” …he was sober 36 years when he passed. As proud of me as he always said he was, I think the “learning to golf in early sobriety” comment sticks with me the most. Because you really do just have to accept how miserable the game can make you feel, and soldier on with a smile. Good practice for life on life’s terms

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Surf trips always help...here are a few pics of my trip to Nica a couple weeks back - Just missed the big swell. My best waves were not documented as got tired of waiting on 8 people to make a decision and hunted some sick ones down. Will be back for sure. BOOK IT!!!!!!!!

Steez.JPGhack.JPGMan Turn.JPGFreight.JPGPoetic.JPGPeace 2.JPG

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
My mental health is…This is so 2020.

There will be studies…it will be attributed to the Internet on a global scale. That is the new major to major in. Major Major Major Major village idiot Out.

Yossarian RULZ!

Reactions: enframed and wedge2

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
My mental health is…This is so 2020.

There will be studies…it will be attributed to the Internet on a global scale. That is the new major to major in. Major Major Major Major village idiot Out.

Yossarian RULZ!
I agree. The internet and social media have in-authentically lessened community awareness (in person) and our own self mindfulness. It's been replaced it with fear, anger, and short term dopamine dumps that are addictive and not healthy.

I see ipads in the faces of 3 year old's and cringe :toilet:

Last edited:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I agree. The internet and social media have in-authentically lessened community awareness (in person) and our own self mindfulness. It's been replaced it with fear, anger, and short term dopamine dumps that are addictive and not healthy.

I see ipads in the faces of 3 year old's and cringe :toilet:
Interesting listen on this subject, from yesterday. The shift from what was mentally ailing teens from the past and what is ailing them now. The guest's ideas about what might have to happen to "help" is new to me.

TL;DL - it used to be drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, and pregnancy. Vectors from the outside that we had to keep out of their lives. Now it all comes from within. There is so much information that they are bombarded with, puberty happens earlier, and their brains can't handle that combination.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Interesting listen on this subject, from yesterday. The shift from what was mentally ailing teens from the past and what is ailing them now. The guest's ideas about what might have to happen to "help" is new to me.

TL;DL - it used to be drugs, cigarettes, alcohol, and pregnancy. Vectors from the outside that we had to keep out of their lives. Now it all comes from within. There is so much information that they are bombarded with, puberty happens earlier, and their brains can't handle that combination.
As a teen, I too would have been mentally ailing if suddenly I realized a I was a bisexual ADHD cis-preseting omnigender POC with PTSD who feels they may actually be maverique latinx queer woman.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
As a teen, I too would have been mentally ailing if suddenly I realized a I was a bisexual ADHD cis-preseting omnigender POC with PTSD who feels they may actually be maverique latinx queer woman.
Yeah, I was listening to this and my first thought was "They just had to pick the furthest outlying category possible, didn't they."

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yeah, I was listening to this and my first thought was "They just had to pick the furthest outlying category possible, didn't they."
But I think it was unconsciously fitting.

The gender identity thing - and the singular individual "C" wanting to have the pronoun "they" used - is a glaring symptom of the problem - digital life is actually making humans unwell by really fvcking with their brains.

Social media is cigarettes and the gender insanity thing is lung cancer.

Last edited: