Mental Health Thread - addendum

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
having a kid is great. best get out of jail free card ever. you give up a lot (all) of your surf time and get puked on a lot instead but somehow I’m smiling through it all.

selecting a mate was fun too. try your best to get all the good attributes and make a super version of yourself. hoping my kid fucks harder than I do with the waves I’m pushing him into.

my life goals shifted massively and it’s nice to have a long term project other than work to focus on.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Has anyone mentioned heavy deadlifting?

I never had anxiety attack until both my parents died unexpectedly within a 3 week period.

I didn't even understand what it was.

Then I was like, "Oh."

That is what is going on with Northen Shores.

He hasn't had his adult helping of life yet.

It's okay to be that way.

But maybe you just need to be a little easier on the anxiety faggots.

Because your time is coming.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
So this man kindly offers to ride shotgun with you through this adventure in life and this is how you do him. Mocking his journal. :shrug: That's cold man. You need to look deeper.
Bro it’s not his journal, it’s mine. like you said I’m driving and he’s navigating chiming in with sh!t like what do you mean there’s an unregistered loaded handgun with an illegal clip under my seat so you ain’t pulling over for the cop behind us???

And I’m trying to not be the dude who doesn’t like to write in the journal anymore along with improving my life in sundry areas.

Im just real bummed I missed the chance to participate in the recent art of livin’ virtual seminar. Mateo looked coked out of his gourd, and that’s when he is most wise. Like a shaman

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
She enjoys his redneck friend?
I could imagine you get bored with hot chicks throwing themselves at you.

Then you want a change.

You think, I need to settle down.

But then after a year of settling down you are ready for more hot chicks to throw them selves at you.

Buddha said like is hard even for a prince

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I don't have to do anything, I say I'm sorry when I feel I should.
Now I can’t stop wondering if when Kelly Slater drops in someone, does he say he‘s sorry afterwards? I’d like to think he does, because as the worlds best professional surfer ever he really doesn’t have many excuses for dropping in on somebody.

I used to get bummed when someone dropped in on me, especially when it was a wave that I really had been waiting patiently for, sitting way outside waiting forever. Then I realized when someone dropped in on me it was bc at that moment in time, I was the better surfer. I had something they wanted, something that I had acquired through righteousness and to get it they had to steal.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Then I realized when someone dropped in on me it was bc at that moment in time, I was the better surfer. I had something they wanted, something that I had acquired through righteousness and to get it they had to steal.
"Didn't see you."

""Where'd you come from?"

"Was focusing on the wave, not you."

"Had already called it MINE!"

Think what you want to make yourself feel better though

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
"Didn't see you."

""Where'd you come from?"

"Was focusing on the wave, not you."

"Had already called it MINE!"

Think what you want to make yourself feel better though
None of those excuses are even remotely applicable in the situations I’m talking about.
We’re talking about uncontested takeoffs bro. Sitting way outside everyone else or in a zone that was only producing sporadically but when the right set came it was on.

I might not have been the hottest ripper in the water, but I’d spent a good enough portion of my life in the water to be able to read the ocean/waves better than most. The “best surfers” don’t always get the best waves, at least not through righteous ways.

It didn’t hurt that this was a long time ago when no one rode retro boars so my beloved 6’6” single fins let me fly under the radar while making catching waves and taking off easier (roll ins bro).

But since this is the mental health thread,
1685897797794.jpeg

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
Those excuses always suck s...t and they always get said

The point is they aren't stealing from you because you do not exist to them

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Also, you need to own something before that can be stolen from you. Right of way isn't really a certificate of ownership.

and of course I'm just being annoying. fuck the drop ins, whatever reason they have (and that includes entitled local rippers or old carps, fuck them too. fuck'em all).

1685992038378.png

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Don’t try and fly too close to the sun, your wings might melt and you’ll fall into the sea.
1685994999130.jpeg
Also, Zeppelin rules

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
20230606_154353.jpg20230606_154334.jpg

4th coat, or 5th... can't remember...

Overkill is always underkill here 45 miles from the biggest desert in the world. Today south wind blew and crisped my babies, hoping they survive, but not holding my breathe for that to happen. Poor plants.

Fucking Hurricane Oscar!

:cursing::bricks::foreheadslap:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
View attachment 155759View attachment 155760

4th coat, or 5th... can't remember...

Overkill is always underkill here 45 miles from the biggest desert in the world. Today south wind blew and crisped my babies, hoping they survive, but not holding my breathe for that to happen. Poor plants.

Fucking Hurricane Oscar!

:cursing::bricks::foreheadslap:
Better to do it right the first time than wish you had later. Bummer about your plants bro, fingers crossed they make it

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Fuckign celeb surfers .. the caption though jajaja

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Fuckign celeb surfers .. the caption though jajaja

When you try to pull out in time but instead awkwardly blast before you do.