Meanwhile, in New Jersey

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Turned into summer overnight, hot, humid, actually a drowsy little swell in the water, good times.
Long day at work yesterday. Got home and grilled a burger and was lazy for an hour. About 20 minutes before dark I took a bike ride and felt like an idiot when I rolled up to the beach and saw super fun stomach to chest high waves coming in. Then it was almost flat this morning when I got up.

Reactions: mundus

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
These guys and many other South Jersey businesses have opened up yesterday and today in open defiance to the governor. I went for a bike ride on our boardwalk this morning and about 1/3rd of the "non-essential" retail businesses gave the governor the finger and opened up as normal. Its a beautiful day at the beach today. Little wave too.

https://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/local/watch-now-northfield-theater-opens-friday-with-safety-measures-in-place/article_77a8daa0-e463-523c-997e-04837feede88.html?utm_content=bufferabc18&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR1EHOja-Q0C3Cs-lNBKmqXIqL08OTKqCNXJtgwY8ssfMdN7QBujATKB5s4

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Hal, I suggest you research that Camden story a bit. I'd suggest you dig up original stories from 2013 when the merger happened so you can understand better why it was done and what the result was. My uncle was a high ranking career member of the Camden police force and my next door neighbor recently retired as the deputy chief and now trains new officers at the academy. Its a real stretch to bring up what Camden did and why in light of what the left is up to today. Apples and Oranges.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
Murphy's Law

A day after calling for Gov. Phil Murphy to pardon New Jersey residents cited for violating pandemic executive orders, a North Jersey lawmaker has proposed what he calls "Murphy's Law."

Assemblyman Jay Webber, R-Morris, introduced a bill Thursday that would nullify a executive order as soon as the governor who issued it was found to have "broken the rule," as Webber explained it on Facebook.

Webber drafted the measure after Murphy attended two Black Lives Matter marches in Union County on Sunday. At that time, the limit on outdoor gatherings remained at a maximum of 25 people.

On Monday, Webber wrote a tongue-in-cheek letter to State Police Superintendent Patrick Callahan, stating that "Philip Dunton Murphy of Middletown openly and brazenly defied Executive Order 148 by purposely, repeatedly, and wantonly associating with others in groups of greater than 25 individuals, and aiding and abetting such behavior."

A day later, Murphy increased the outdoor limit on gatherings to 100 with an exemption for outdoor religious or political gatherings of any kind, including protests.

Callahan said Wednesday that 319 citations for violations of Murphy's Executive Orders have risen to a felony level. Callahan also said 3,371 citations that amount to a written warning have been issued for noncompliance.

Well beyond the newly introduced measure, "Murphy's Law" also is a decades-old adage that "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."

Read More: After seeing governor at protest, lawmaker proposes Murphy's Law | https://catcountry1073.com/after-seeing-governor-at-protest-lawmaker-proposes-murphys-law/?fbclid=IwAR3Sgn5XjAdH4n9IVAbqqajv2HIvwjUpUzDJNpEobhznSaTKlVMidxVQDFw&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
'Givenor' Phil Murphy in his daily dog and pony show disguised as a public health briefing, laid out his latest "allowances" for us poor slobs who live under his rule.

In Wednesday's version of "Do As I Say Not As I Do," he proclaimed that he will allow some more businesses and activities to resume on July 2. Among them are bowling alleys, shooting ranges, batting cages, museums, arcades and museums.

Fitness centers for individual training sessions, the kind no doubt his yacht club crowd attends, can open, but not regular gyms for regular gym activity. Why not? What's the data here to explain that? There is no data, jut spite.

He didn't like it when that scrappy gym owner in South Jersey, Ian Smith of Atilis Gym, defied him publicly on a national stage a month ago. He made sure the entire weight of the state and local government came down on that guy and anyone like him. So now all gyms must suffer due to the insolent behavior of one of their own. There take that you blue collar, muscle bound morons. That'll teach you to mess with the Emperor.

When pressed on what data he is using to make his decision, both by our newsroom and legislative members of his own party, he refused to reveal what that is. If acting like a ruthless autocrat gets the job done, then that's what he'll do. Don't let the awkward, strange smile and calm demeanor fool you. Like every other wealthy, powerfully tyrant, he ain't playin' around. Except for when it comes to living our lives as free Americans.

The post above reflects the thoughts and observations of New Jersey 101.5 talk show host Dennis Malloy. Any opinions expressed are Dennis' own.

More from New Jersey 101.5:

Read More: Is Murphy making decisions based on data or spite? | https://nj1015.com/is-murphy-making-decisions-based-on-data-or-spite/?fbclid=IwAR0FN-5bjrXgWZ0LzUhx5vg6-NyzxB31CS5QTLT8WAnyz0hOtm0HhuB0-Dw&utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• Dislike
Reactions: mundus