Mayhem new models for 2019

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Jeez, some of these look fun:

https://lostsurfboards.net/

http://lostsurfboards.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/2019-Catalog.pdf

80's, 70's retro influence. Basically the boards I learned how to surf on. Nostalgia!

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Agree!

Would love to try the Evil Twin and Smooth Operator. And the Cobra Killer (even if the concaves look dubious). And SaboTaj :)

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
These models look really fun. I saw a used Evil Twin at Katin, and it felt great with the elevated wing. Retro rippers felt nice too.

Mat6920

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2017
On monday Noel is reviewing the Asymm, should be interesting. I think Lost is trying to launch every single possible design .... however they always managed to make it work !

Jul 30, 2018
Yeah, a lot of models but bar one single model, i've never had a bad one. Huge fan of mayhem boards. Currently riding the RNF retro and it's so damn fun to ride!

That MR twinny looks good too...

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Keeping an eye out for a used Uber Driver. Round up, pocket rocket round, and PJ HPs look fun. Taking Ls failing at selling, and need to rotate some out. Need to up number of boards posted, lower price of posted boards, and maybe just wait till May.

I'd trade about half the quiver to lower the inside sand ledge 1' and get high tide back. Looking at pictures of St. Augustine looking fun on the inside and here, just barred if it's not low-lowish tide.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Looks like they're trying to diversify which is cool. No beefs with ...lost. Great boards.

I actually like the asym because it doesn't seem too extreme.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The asym looks too stubby and round IMO. 5'2 x 19 at 25L :confused2: But it's cool that he's bringing the idea to his customers. Hopefully he offers it for other models.

The Rad Ripper looks like it would be a lot of fun if it wasn't for that stupid beak nose. I'd rather get a Rusty Blade.

El Patron sound good for a big guy tri.

Cobra Killer looks like a good time :facelick:

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Pretty cool they threw some new juice into the mix. Probably speaks more to Matt's age than anything else but good to see they are making toys for older gentleman and women now. Nice variety. Not 12 new boards with different outlines and the same rocker.

Will be fun to fondle when my local shop gets their shipment in the spring after the thaw.

The Smooth Operator is kinda interesting, a lost mid length seem to go against their whole punk vibe but I wonder what playing with the rocker will yield. Most midlengths are pretty flat in the tail which I assumed contributes to the glidey feeling, throwing in a bunch of tail rocker seems like it would change things up quite a bit.

"After riding, dissecting and assessing some contemporary and classic
mid lengths currently available, I concluded they all could use a bit more
tail rocker! The SMOOTH OPERATOR has just that. A generous (dare
say extreme) tail rocker, bends upward in the rear third of the board,
cut through by deep double concave vee panels, and speed enhancing
low down-rails. The SMOOTH OPERATOR is a trim and turn machine.
High volume, low rails and tons of fun. We’ve souped them up with a
4+1 fin set up. 4 x FCS2 or Future fin boxes, and one 8” single fin box,
which offers a myriad of options and performance characteristics. Quad,
Twin + Stabilizer, Single +/- side bites, or even Thruster, the options and
alignments are endless. Built with 4ply, dark wood stringers, and a light
weight, resin tinted glass job, featuring its own unique logo. W
e’ve even
gone full gloss and polish. Each board is a hand-built thing of beauty"

aldo

Nep status
Aug 13, 2012
Bahamas
How many models can they put out and keep a handle on every board?

I like the look of the Cobra Killer. The round tail twins seem to be getting popular.

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
ciscojaws said:
You're a Driver rocker guy right - what's your assessment of the Uber Driver vs Sub Driver?
I think you're talking to me. TBH, I'd probably have to put them side by side to tell you the real difference but here is what I think.

I honestly think the sub driver is flatter than the uber driver and I'm 99% sure it has a substantially wider tail block.

I think the uber driver basically has the tail block of a regular driver, it's just much wider and shorter than your average driver.

The uber driver can be a really fun board but TBH, I think it's more of a speciality flavor over say a staple. I've had some really fun days on the uber driver which has held me back from selling it but in all honestly, I struggle to find times to ride it.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I demo'd an uber driver and found it to be pretty bleh, especially when compared to my Stamps GX.

My roundtail driver though :facelick: :wave2: :dancing: :jam_on: