Maverick was right, all hail L Ron

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Does Tom Cruise try to help suffering people every day? Is that his career? Has he dedicated his life to that? If so, good for him, and good for others who've done the same.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
He may be creepy but he's spot on in this interview.
Absolutely.

I am in the Addiction Recovery field. Nothing, and I mean absolutley NOTHING compares to the dependency depth of pharmaceuticals.
Fathoms.
The kids- 18-30yrs old - the stories of their lives and how they became/maintained their addiction- how they lived and the things they Did- would leave you slack jawed fukkkin Speechless.
And if you have daughters? Hooooo.... You'd be wanting to kick down some doctors doors.
Eff the drug companies. They're manufacturers. Terrible? Yes, without a doubt.
But the real EVIL are these doctors and pain management clinic workers who know Exactly what the f%$# the are pushing and do it under the guise of "Practicing Medicine"

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Absolutely.

I am in the Addiction Recovery field. Nothing, and I mean absolutley NOTHING compares to the dependency depth of pharmaceuticals.
Fathoms.
The kids- 18-30yrs old - the stories of their lives and how they became/maintained their addiction- how they lived and the things they Did- would leave you slack jawed fukkkin Speechless.
And if you have daughters? Hooooo.... You'd be wanting to kick down some doctors doors.
But the real EVIL are these doctors and pain management clinic workers who know Exactly what the f%$# the are pushing and do it under the guise of "Practicing Medicine"
I'd love to know what percentage of mass shooters had a history of being put on Ritalin when they were younger.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Absolutely.

Fathoms.
As the interviewer said there is abuse by over medicating or used as an easy fix but to state medication has no value and chemical imbalances is a fiction is false.
I know many adults who say adhd medication’s improves their lives. Professionally I think it should be used as a last resort and moved off of asap but that is for the doctor and patient to decide not an actor.

having witnessed sever bipolar disorder and psychosis that is worse than addition.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
A broken clock is right twice a day .....which beats the hell out of Cruise's record.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Absolutely.

Fathoms.
The addiction recovery field is full of scammers and failures too. I can tell you stories. I could write a novel.

Glass houses…

As someone who has suffered from pain for most of my life I can tell you first hand that I am eternally grateful to the doctors, trainers, therapists, etc. that helped me manage my pain.

That includes those that prescribed pain medication to me. Probably the most grateful for them. Pain medication has been an essential tool for me over the years.

Are there some shady doctors? Of course. They exist in all fields of medicine. When I was prescribed pain meds I was given specific dosing instructions and I followed those instructions.

It really wasn’t that hard and I’m a non-drinking alcoholic.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
As the interviewer said there is abuse by over medicating or used as an easy fix but to state medication has no value and chemical imbalances is a fiction is false.
I know many adults who say adhd medication’s improves their lives. Professionally I think it should be used as a last resort and moved off of asap but that is for the doctor and patient to decide not an actor.

having witnessed sever bipolar disorder and psychosis that is worse than addition.
This.

Zoloft saved my life. There is absolutely no question about it.

I can probably say the same for the pain medicine I’ve taken when I was in need.

These days it’s getting to be almost impossible to get a prescription for pain meds. I recently had hernia surgery and they sent me off with six Vicodin pills.

Six. No refill.

Why should people have to live with pain just because some people abuse medicine?

I used to drink too much so everyone has to stop drinking…

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
The addiction recovery field is full of scammers and failures too. I can tell you stories. I could write a novel.

Glass houses…

As someone who has suffered from pain for most of my life I can tell you first hand that I am eternally grateful to the doctors, trainers, therapists, etc. that helped me manage my pain.

That includes those that prescribed pain medication to me. Probably the most grateful for them. Pain medication has been an essential tool for me over the years.

Are there some shady doctors? Of course. They exist in all fields of medicine. When I was prescribed pain meds I was given specific dosing instructions and I followed those instructions.

It really wasn’t that hard and I’m a non-drinking alcoholic.
Agree with all of this.
Especially -

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
LRon was crazy as a shithouse rat but he was not stupid ie starting a church can = beau coup dolares/grift

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Drugs can create a state break that allows the body to move out of a dysfunctional pattern.

The error is a lot are not meant for long term use.

As is usually the case, poison is in the dose.

Reactions: sirfun