Maui newcomer beatdown video

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It's an outlier. Mellow working class neighborhood. I live there.
I just went by the real estate ad. I know you’ve posted that you and yours live in a tight neighborhood. (when you’re not whipping your wire in cali).

Big money for something that needs to be bulldozed and start from scratch with permits and construction.

Reactions: youcantbeserious

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Stacked 20 & 40 foot containers for home build with ? & ? bath built on 12 ft cement posts due to being in a flood / tsunami zone. Salt & onshore winds await you. Car and storage below. Tough local neighborhoods, Hau'ula & Punalu'u. Generations.
How much do they want for that trailer?

• Haha
Reactions: Havoc

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
How much do they want for that trailer?
Check the part about salt and onshore winds, We have the same same here. A container house properly coated would make it here, a trailer no chance.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
It would if galvanized or aluminum. Good trailers are hard to find.
Galvanized gets eaten alive with salt here, I’ve replaced 3 galvanized roofs. Don’t know about aluminum. Do know that a good German stainless steel knife will rust if left outside for a month. Aluminum is the skin, lots of other rust out possibilities. Like every single metal part.

Do like what uncle said and coat it airplane or boat paint. That’s about as bullet proof as you’re gonna get.

With devil salt air the devil is in the details. Door hinges. Small stuff that gets overlooked. Electrical is a bitch.

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
My aluminum screen frames turn to powder here every 5 years and stainless steel rusts just like any other steel.
Salt air will erode anything in time. There is no escaping it.
Galvanized.. Ha!
Bottom paint is an interesting thought. Probably the the only thing that can protect.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
What a joke. Guess Hawaii actually is officially DONE. 595k for that POS? And a chance to get beat up by the friendly neighbors? And you get to pay for your health care out the nose? And everything crazy expensive? Not to mention how uncrowded it all is, right? No traffic like?

:shrug::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This is more like it! NW Tenerife. That amount of expense on a house in Spain gets you free citizenship papers, free health care, etc... and guess what? Neighborhood is going to welcome you with open arms!

:shameonyou:

Crazy Hawaiians.

:socrazy:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What a joke. Guess Hawaii actually is officially DONE. 595k for that POS? And a chance to get beat up by the friendly neighbors? And you get to pay for your health care out the nose? And everything crazy expensive? Not to mention how uncrowded it all is, right? No traffic like?
It really is comical.

I fail to understand the attraction. Especially for the price. Of all the places on the planet.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Big money can buy it; tear it down and build something new.

Compounding interest is a free money machine.

You can't spend it fast enough

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation

:shrug::shameonyou::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

This is more like it! NW Tenerife. That amount of expense on a house in Spain gets you free citizenship papers, free health care, etc... and guess what? Neighborhood is going to welcome you with open arms!

:shameonyou:

Crazy Hawaiians.

:socrazy:

I asked my kids if they wanted to go to HI or Spain. They looked at me like I was crazyvv

• Haha
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
The shovel was hilarious. Its kind of an "Im going to really hurt you but probably not kill you vibe". Someone needs to start selling cheap guns in the hawaiian ghettos...they are clearly lagging behind their mainland counterparts.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Having a house near the beach on the east side of any Hawaiian Island is like owning a boat you can’t sail.

That said, I couldn’t ask for better neighbors. I leave for weeks at a time and the multigenerational Hawaiian families on my street look out for my family like their own. It’s awesome. Aloha is absolutely real. It’s just not a one way street.

PS Know where most of the rip offs and bad vibes happen? North Shore. Mostly haoles there

Last edited: