Maui hookup / deal broker

juandesooka

OTF status
Jan 12, 2009
Bit of a longshot, but putting it out there. Craigslist is where the best deals are, but often seller will only deal with local, as that's what CL says to to in order to avoid scams. Any forum members in Maui willing and able to facilitate a craigslist deal, for a buyer who won't ship? What is needed is to receive the $ from me, pay the guy and then ship the wings to me. Willing to a pay a brokerage fee for your time! Wailuku area, but seller said he'll meet elsewhere. And yeah, I know, sounds shady as heck...LOL....it's not! Just a frothing foiling looking to expand the quiver economically :)

juandesooka

OTF status
Jan 12, 2009
ad gone, assume it's sold, dang-it. Was a skookum deal on a GL/NL wing package. Never got the guy's name, seemed to want nothing to do with a Canadian potential scammer ;-)

I had one friend-of-friend turn down my $100 offer, as it was too much hassle to drive from hookipa to wailuku. Haha, Island time, I love Maui. In contrast, we regularly drive 2.75 hours 1-way to kitesurf in 5c water in a dark grey rainstorm. Luckily, surf is only 30-90 minutes away. :)

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
haha..yup island fever...i routinely ddrive98 miles one way to surf but when i go to hawaii and can literally see the break 10 miles away i sometimes catch myself feeling...nah i dont want to drive waaaaaay over there ...too far...

you can see wailuku from hookipa...

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
ad gone, assume it's sold, dang-it. Was a skookum deal on a GL/NL wing package. Never got the guy's name, seemed to want nothing to do with a Canadian potential scammer ;-)

I had one friend-of-friend turn down my $100 offer, as it was too much hassle to drive from hookipa to wailuku. Haha, Island time, I love Maui. In contrast, we regularly drive 2.75 hours 1-way to kitesurf in 5c water in a dark grey rainstorm. Luckily, surf is only 30-90 minutes away. :)
Shoulda messaged me and I would have brokered the deal for you. I probably know the seller. But I'm not on here every day, best if you DM me through Instagram https://www.instagram.com/jasonihall/

But yeah, people here are kooky about driving 15 minutes to buy something of CL. I had one buyer refuse to drive to Haiku but would meet me in Makawao less than 5 minutes away. I get it all the time from potential buyers for me to drive what I'm selling to them, or meet them in Kahului. :bricks:

Then there's other buyers that drive from Lahaina on the west side of the island, a 45 minute drive (one way) to buy a planter pot.