Mason Ho on Morning of the Earth twin

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Not a spoiler since it's on IG, but Mason chose a 5'11 Morning of the Earth twin fin as his favorite board in the Electric Acid Surfboard test on Stab. Very low entry rocker, channel bottom twin Aussie Go Go model that I'm sure Torreyn has gotten clips on. Mason said after the first wave he knew. Coco chose it as her number two (Album Plasmic as her number 1).

Mason looks incredible on it. Looks so unique. The snaps, the tubes, the down carves, long hair flowing. Looks like something old and brand new at the same time. How the hell do I order one??

http://instagr.am/p/CQ1rYUWpTAF/

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 9.35.48 PM.png

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Not a spoiler since it's on IG, but Mason chose a 5'11 Morning of the Earth twin fin as his favorite board in the Electric Acid Surfboard test on Stab. Very low entry rocker, channel bottom twin Aussie Go Go model that I'm sure Torreyn has gotten clips on. Mason said after the first wave he knew. Coco chose it as her number two (Album Plasmic as her number 1).

Mason looks incredible on it. Looks so unique. The snaps, the tubes, the down carves, long hair flowing. Looks like something old and brand new at the same time. How the hell do I order one??
You contact he shaper, tell him you want to order a Au Go Go.

Au go-go means lively. French.

Reactions: Havoc

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
A friend has one in kind of a midsize size. Watching him surf micro waves, he catches waves I can’t even believe he paddled for. Just nothing there. I took a quick look at it and the nose rocker was super low. Seems like it might be problematic on a midsize in a wave with a lot of curve in the face, but holy sh!t the thing goes way better in sub knee high sh!t than it should. IMHO.

Reactions: Havoc and racer1

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006

View attachment 112338
Contact Kirk. He will get you sorted. You probably have to place the order and forget snd it for a long while. On a podcast said he does everything from start to finish himself. With that much demand he needs to find some glass shops.

http://instagr.am/p/CQ1fFNoHsnv/

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
I thought the same thing after the first wave. Board looks super fast but so spicy in the pocket but not in a typical HP shreddy kind of way. Way more powerful. Hard to explain. Special.

If there's a board that's worth the wait and the cost, it's a MOTE.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

View attachment 112338
Do you know if he was he running keel type or performance type fins?

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005

View attachment 112338
Just because it’s on Instagram doesn’t mean everyone’s seen it. Spoiler goes in the title of the thread :cautious:

Reactions: ReForest

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Mason on a 5'11. That's a bit like me surfing smaller waves on my 6'10 Desert Storm, yes? Guessing Mason isn't much over 5'5.

I'm a bit ambivalent re those flat MOTE twinnies. You can tell how good they go with the super flat nose rocker, but also that they desperately need some more nose rocker - if you know what I mean :)

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
The Au Go Go outline looks far better than the Fiji (2/7 wnb) imo.
For me, there comes a point where that flat of a rocker would be a straight no go

Reactions: JDJ

SurfMission

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 13, 2009
Chipehua is such a fun wave. If they could have just waited a week to film that, they would have had the Bomba swell. Would have loved to see that. Looking forward to seeing this nonetheless.