Masks, social distancing, and lockdowns are all "anecdotal" treatments. None of them have been "double blind" tested and approved as safe or effective

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
I have a relative whom I love dearly. As a child she was bloated through malnutrition. This from debilitating burning diarrhea. She was finally diagnosed with a liver failure to produce cholinestrase, an enzyme which reabsorbs bile acid in the intestine. Her doctor went out on a limb, and tried Questran cholestyramine. Questran was successful at easing her symptoms.

Thank God for her doctor. At the time the use of Questran for cholinestrase inhibition came only from another doctor's observation of cardiac patients. He noticed that, in his cardiac patients who also had diarrhea, the Questran improved the diarrhea.

Later another brilliant Physician tried another off-label treatment which essentially cured my relative. Now both of the treatments used on my relative are in ubiquitous use on patients with the same symptoms as my relative had. But again, thank God for these brave hero physicians for saving my relative from death by trying unproven drugs which they knew to be safe.

Hydroxychloroquine: A Texas Family Doc Debunks Democrat/Media HCQ Myths

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. A.B. Spence, MD Subject: Hydroxychloroquine and the curious case of it becoming dangerous

I’m a retired (on October 1, 2019) Family Practitioner with 40 years of experience on what is now called the front lines of medical practice.

At age 70 and with what I suppose is a comorbidity of rheumatoid arthritis and taking the miracle drug Humira, an immunosuppressant, if I were still in practice at this time I would unquestionably be taking Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic measure. There is anecdotal evidence that it can help resist or prevent the spread of Covid 19, and in many cases it has been shown to successfully treat Covid patients. It’s also one of the safest prescribed medications a person can take.
As I researched hydroxychloroquine in the early days of the pandemic, I couldn’t find one documented case of a person dying from a cardiac arrhythmia. And this covered over 60 years of the drug being used as a treatment of and prophylaxis against malaria, both short term and long term usage. All of you reading this know of the millions of dosages given to certain people with autoimmune diseases that successfully take HCQ with no untoward reactions.

The word “anecdotal”, as it applied to Hydroxychloroquine, took on a different meaning also. In this case it is used in a demeaning manner as it wasn’t “science.” It hasn’t been proven to be effective without a shadow of doubt. No double blind or whatever studies have been done with HCQ to prove it’s 100% effective in dealing with Chinese virus. And on and on.

I can assure you that the medical profession has prescribed drugs and therapies forever based on anecdotal evidence that suggest off label treatments may be helpful for certain diseases. Most or possibly all with greater risk versus benefit profiles than HCQ and Corona Virus.

And if you think about it, the country’s entire response to the Chinese virus, the lockdowns, the masks, the gloves, the fear of contaminated surfaces, the social distancing, the closing of “nonessential” businesses, the disastrous school closings, the destruction of our best ever economy, the slaughter of thousands of our most frail senior citizens in nursing homes by certain Democrat governors (I’m looking at you Cuomo and Murphy) have been and continue to be based on anecdotal evidence of how the virus spreads, who is most at risk, how to treat it, etc. In these instances it’s referred to as “science.”

Every time I hear a leftist power hungry governor, mayor, judge, representative, senator, or medical bureaucrat say they’re going to “follow the science” to keep ruining our economy I want to vomit.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I have a relative whom I love dearly. As a child she was bloated through malnutrition. This from debilitating burning diarrhea. She was finally diagnosed with a liver failure to produce cholinestrase, an enzyme which reabsorbs bile acid in the intestine. Her doctor went out on a limb, and tried Questran cholestyramine. Questran was successful at easing her symptoms.

Thank God for her doctor. At the time the use of Questran for cholinestrase inhibition came only from another doctor's observation of cardiac patients. He noticed that, in his cardiac patients who also had diarrhea, the Questran improved the diarrhea.

Later another brilliant Physician tried another off-label treatment which essentially cured my relative. Now both of the treatments used on my relative are in ubiquitous use on patients with the same symptoms as my relative had. But again, thank God for these brave hero physicians for saving my relative from death by trying unproven drugs which they knew to be safe.

Hydroxychloroquine: A Texas Family Doc Debunks Democrat/Media HCQ Myths

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. A.B. Spence, MD Subject: Hydroxychloroquine and the curious case of it becoming dangerous

I’m a retired (on October 1, 2019) Family Practitioner with 40 years of experience on what is now called the front lines of medical practice.

At age 70 and with what I suppose is a comorbidity of rheumatoid arthritis and taking the miracle drug Humira, an immunosuppressant, if I were still in practice at this time I would unquestionably be taking Hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic measure. There is anecdotal evidence that it can help resist or prevent the spread of Covid 19, and in many cases it has been shown to successfully treat Covid patients. It’s also one of the safest prescribed medications a person can take.
As I researched hydroxychloroquine in the early days of the pandemic, I couldn’t find one documented case of a person dying from a cardiac arrhythmia. And this covered over 60 years of the drug being used as a treatment of and prophylaxis against malaria, both short term and long term usage. All of you reading this know of the millions of dosages given to certain people with autoimmune diseases that successfully take HCQ with no untoward reactions.

The word “anecdotal”, as it applied to Hydroxychloroquine, took on a different meaning also. In this case it is used in a demeaning manner as it wasn’t “science.” It hasn’t been proven to be effective without a shadow of doubt. No double blind or whatever studies have been done with HCQ to prove it’s 100% effective in dealing with Chinese virus. And on and on.

I can assure you that the medical profession has prescribed drugs and therapies forever based on anecdotal evidence that suggest off label treatments may be helpful for certain diseases. Most or possibly all with greater risk versus benefit profiles than HCQ and Corona Virus.

And if you think about it, the country’s entire response to the Chinese virus, the lockdowns, the masks, the gloves, the fear of contaminated surfaces, the social distancing, the closing of “nonessential” businesses, the disastrous school closings, the destruction of our best ever economy, the slaughter of thousands of our most frail senior citizens in nursing homes by certain Democrat governors (I’m looking at you Cuomo and Murphy) have been and continue to be based on anecdotal evidence of how the virus spreads, who is most at risk, how to treat it, etc. In these instances it’s referred to as “science.”

Every time I hear a leftist power hungry governor, mayor, judge, representative, senator, or medical bureaucrat say they’re going to “follow the science” to keep ruining our economy I want to vomit.....
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
take some questran

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Off-label prescriptions are the norm among physicians. I think that any doctor who relies exclusively on the standard politicized body of medical knowledge should have his license revoked. Above everything else physicians are supposed to be scientists in representing their clients' best interests.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Also, everything we know about coronaviruses says that going outside in the sun and fresh air is best thing to do, so you know, we must close the beaches.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Oh, LA and OC decide putting covid patients in nursing home was a good idea like in NY.

40-50% of covid deaths are in nursing homes.

So, you know, close the beaches.

Science!

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Oh, LA and OC decide putting covid patients in nursing home was a good idea like in NY.

40-50% of covid deaths are in nursing homes.

So, you know, close the beaches.

Science!

How much sunshine do you suppose an average nursing home patient gets in a day? These are all contributing factors to COVID-19 serious disease and death......

NIH: Vitamin D and Obesity

NIH: The Implication of Vitamin D and Autoimmunity

Vitamin D and rheumatoid arthritis

NIH: Vitamin D Deficiency and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease

NIH:Vitamin D Deficiency in Chronic Kidney Disease

Vitamin D Deficiency and Type 2 Diabetes in African Americans

Okay people, ignore me. But don't come whining to me after you're dead at 60.

Yeah, I believe COVID-19 is a serious disease. But it doesn't have to be this serious. Vitamin D deficiency is a larger factor than the China virus.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Going on 60. Look at the places now who don't lock down. Brasil. 20,000 - 30,000 new cases a day.

All of us need to regroup and look at where we are at. Yes, UI at 15% - 20+%.

But you are still alive to collect those UI benifits.

Nothing in the history of the world compares to this.

China...

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Going on 60. Look at the places now who don't lock down. Brasil. 20,000 - 30,000 new cases a day.

All of us need to regroup and look at where we are at. Yes, UI at 15% - 20+%.

But you are still alive to collect those UI benifits.

Nothing in the history of the world compares to this.

China...
Oh please. Calm down.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
So we’re supposed to believe a retired Doctor who didn’t start “researching” hydroxychloroquine until the “beginning of the pandemic”?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't get how someone would call out the Dems when trump is responsible for the catastrophic federal response.

Motivated reasoning?

You want your guy to win?

Reactions: $kully

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't get how someone would call out the Dems when trump is responsible for the catastrophic federal response.

Motivated reasoning?

You want your guy to win?
Mass psychosis in about 40 percent of the population.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
#gromsdad loves men who wear makeup, combovers, and spray tan

1590502865559.png