Martinique

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Anyone ever been for a surf down in Martinique? Wife wan'ts to go back to Caribbean and I want to surf. I know it will pick up an East to Northeast swell but general info is very limited...which might be a good sign

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Anyone ever been for a surf down in Martinique? Wife wan'ts to go back to Caribbean and I want to surf. I know it will pick up an East to Northeast swell but general info is very limited...which might be a good sign
Always wanted to check out Dominica almost went there on Honeymoon did Tortola instead and got skunked.. It is supposed be a more natural less developed Island and has surf, check it out

Reactions: rowjimmytour

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Always wanted to check out Dominica almost went there on Honeymoon did Tortola instead and got skunked.. It is supposed be a more natural less developed Island and has surf, check it out
I've got a non surfing friend that has been to Dominica a few times, they're really into it, super rustic and a pain the ass to get to.
I was in Guadeloupe a few years back, surf looked really fun but I was recovering from a surgery and couldn't get at it. Amazing food though

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
Photog Chris Klpof just spent Winter in DR and had some nice pics...
The Dominican Republic-DR- and Dominica are two different Islands.

The DR has solid winter and spring surf. Lots of undiscovered surf spots there. I don't know about Dominica.

Reactions: mundus

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
I went to Martinique in January a couple of years ago. It was more of a family trip than a surf trip. The couple of times we went to the side of the island known for good waves, I didn't see any. It was small, and as said above really windy. On the side not known for waves there were fun short period waves more suited for bodyboarding. Great island though.