Mars Rover: Real or Fake?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Yes... apologies... fixed:
View attachment 105944

And whoever thinks because they didn't have photoshop when nasa first released their foolishness, also believes this as proof that they had no other trickery which they were clearly fooled by, is just deluding themselves.
It's weird, but you'd think that if NASA is sending pictures from Mars, er, Devon Island all the time still, someone would just go visit and stand next to one of the rovers cruising around there?

Reactions: afoaf

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” –Mark Twain

Prior to their pure CGI cartoons, they had this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

And we could do this all day, folks.

1614819291588.png

Peace

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
HO LEE CHITTTT

GOLGO 13 was root level gold

WOWOWOWOW
Hell yeah.

Too bad some of the best scenes from it have been scrubbed from youtube and replaced with soundtracks.

For all the cancel culture talk, I find it far, FAR more offensive when good sh!t is taken off youtube because of pressure from Warner Bros and ilk. And yet that never gets any ink. Not to mention the TV editing/censorship with the "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!" redub from Big Lebowski as the pinnacle.

But it's probably easier to blame liberal/commies for cancel culture than entertainment/copyright lawyers and religious prigs.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
“It's Easier to Fool People Than It Is to Convince Them That They Have Been Fooled.” –Mark Twain

Prior to their pure CGI cartoons, they had this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

And we could do this all day, folks.

View attachment 105962

Peace
Everything?

Now you sound like my friend's 7 year old daughter.

Like I said, I dig this magical conspiracy filled world you created.

I hope you are right!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
that was when Metal Gear was good....it wasn't that stupid linear cut-scene movie tripe

good games in that era of nintendo

did you ever play Adventures of Lolo?

lowkey hardmode puzzle game....fkn love it

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
that was when Metal Gear was good....it wasn't that stupid linear cut-scene movie tripe

good games in that era of nintendo

did you ever play Adventures of Lolo?

lowkey hardmode puzzle game....fkn love it
I missed that era of Nintendo. My friends had Ataris and first-generation Nintendos, which were mostly arcade-style games (Excitebike, Rampage, etc.). Probably stopped playing those around the time Zelda came out. Didn't catch Adventures of Lolo.

Did dig those non-linear games, especially Ultima IV and V. Those were really hard to beat, especially in days before walkthroughs.

atdabeach

Nep status
Jan 25, 2021
I always wonder about the “why” if all these conspiracies. Why would the world’s physicists conspire to trick people into thinking Mars is a planet and not a star?
What if they, at least the vast majority of them, are simply deluded? What if Mars, like the moon, are simply not terra firma at all?

I took this myself:

And there are several better examples as I was shooting through rather poor conditions.

For comparison, here is one of Jupiter on a clearer evening:

It really isn't so far fetched to understand how the majority of our world's physicists could simply be deluded, tricked, or under some kind of spell from their wizard's teachings, and not part of some grand conspiracy.

As Einstein himself pointed out:
As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Everything?

Now you sound like my friend's 7 year old daughter.

Like I said, I dig this magical conspiracy filled world you created.

I hope you are right!
in reference to that first video where the lunar lander explodes the capsule up to dock with the space craft....

Assuming it really is on the moon, how do they get that footage where the camera pans with the movement of the capsule?

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
One of 2 possible scenarios:

The LEM ascent stage sent a radio signal to the camera control mechanism at the instant the rocket motor fired, causing the camera's pan and tilt servo control motors to pan in a predetermined arc to follow the pre-programmed path the ascent stage was going to take,
OR
The whole Apollo program was a huge ruse involving tens of thousands of people, all of which kept their mouths shut to their deathbeds, and the cameraman on the sound stage in Culver City just panned the camera upwards. Then they all went out for a beer and never spoke of it again.

Disclaimer: I personally know a couple of guys (old men now) who worked on the Lunar Rover at Delco in Goleta in the early '70s, and another old guy who worked on the LEM fuel monitoring system at Grumman in Calverton.

Last edited:
Reactions: ~rwright~

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

The LEM ascent stage sent a radio signal to the camera control mechanism at the instant the rocket motor fired, causing the camera's pan and tilt servo control motors to pan in a predetermined arc to follow the pre-programmed path the ascent stage was going to take,
OR
The whole Apollo program was a huge ruse involving tens of thousands of people, all of which kept their mouths shut to their deathbeds, and the cameraman on the sound stage in Culver City just panned the camera upwards. Then they all went out for a beer and never spoke of it again.
These are the only two choices?

As for the ruse ‘involving the s of thousands of people’...

...this is something that gets mentioned all the time but in order to pull it off you only need a few people at the top to be in on it as everyone else involved gets fooled too.

Disclaimer: I personally know a couple of guys (old men now) who worked on the Lunar Rover at Delco in Goleta in the early '70s, and another old guy who worked on the LEM fuel monitoring system at Grumman in Calverton.
I know a guy who was involved in the photography part of the program and, considering your acquaintance with others who worked on it you should know this, the whole project was highly compartmentalized. Nobody knew much at about what everyone else was doing.

Many people had no idea they were working on the moon shot at all until theyd been at their job for quite some time.

Im not saying that I think it was faked, I’m just saying that every argument I’ve heard that debunks the fake moon landing conspiracy doesn’t hold up.

I’m also saying that faking a moon landing is way easier than going to the moon.

Please don’t post that video made by a film maker who says the opposite. There are many claims about film making in his video that are just flat out wrong.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you go work for NASA or JPL I wonder when they let you on on the con.

Do you get the job and they say, "Come inside. We have to tell you something."

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
These are the only two choices?

As for the ruse ‘involving the s of thousands of people’...

...this is something that gets mentioned all the time but in order to pull it off you only need a few people at the top to be in on it as everyone else involved gets fooled too.

I know a guy who was involved in the photography part of the program and, considering your acquaintance with others who worked on it you should know this, the whole project was highly compartmentalized. Nobody knew much at about what everyone else was doing.

Many people had no idea they were working on the moon shot at all until theyd been at their job for quite some time.

Im not saying that I think it was faked, I’m just saying that every argument I’ve heard that debunks the fake moon landing conspiracy doesn’t hold up.

I’m also saying that faking a moon landing is way easier than going to the moon.

Please don’t post that video made by a film maker who says the opposite. There are many claims about film making in his video that are just flat out wrong.
The uS landing on the moon was a big kick in the teeth to the USSR. Wouldn‘t they have been able to identify a fake? Why wouldn’t they call us out?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
The uS landing on the moon was a big kick in the teeth to the USSR. Wouldn‘t they have been able to identify a fake? Why wouldn’t they call us out?
Because they are in on it, dude. Think about it. New World Order?

What is the fake moon landing conspiracy? That one dude who wrote a book? Man, we do really love a lone wolf in America don't we? That one guy who knows better than everyone what actually happened. Or rather, thousands of people with slightly to wildly varying accounts of what actually happened, but at least they can all agree on what didn't happen.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
For decades we greatly over estimated the capabilities of the Soviet Union.

How would the USSR, specifically, be able to spot the fakery?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
OR
~snip~
hahaha,
they surely would have walked over to Thee BackStage,

esh, even i, my sis' Teresa too, pictured in my av~ie, have drunk there,
yep, yep yep! CC is Hollywood, + i ain't!
:beer: