Mark Zuckerberg - Waterman

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
He probably isn't bullshitting.

Kai has probably towed him into a few.

Lots of people who can barely surf have been towed into big waves.

Maya Gabeira gets towed into Chopes and she can barely paddle into a wave and stand up.
Could be like that episode of fantasy factory with laird towing rob dyrdek into waves at jaws.
You forgot to add maya cant do turns worth a sh!t either

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I was in 15 foot Hawian around Zuckerburgs pad and they waves were size of mountains. I almost got washed out to sea because I kept scrambling for the horizon to make it over the set waves. Then I was almost dashed on the rocks.

My friend took his daughter horse back riding after the swell dropped and one of the women working there was a surfer and he asked if that was big for Kauai.

She said yeah, That was big.

And we were like yeah we thought so.
When was this? And how did you get out to the coastline to get in the ocean?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When was this? And how did you get out to the coastline to get in the ocean?
2001. We were staying at a condo above hideaways around the corner from Princeville. Hideways is where I almost got washed out to sea and dashed on the rocks. Then we went out at Hanalei bay the next day and it was triple over head.

We were so undergunned.
You and I were not friends back then so I couldn't come visit you. :dancing:

When the swell dropped we surfed both places in playful surf and at Hanalei bay tide dropped and we didn't know where to exit so we walk forever over the reef and I cut my feet to shreds.
You can borrow my car when you come to So Cal or if you need a ride any where.:waving:

(When I said Zuckerburgs I just meant the north coast of Kaui.)

Last edited:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Could be like that episode of fantasy factory with laird towing rob dyrdek into waves at jaws.
You forgot to add maya cant do turns worth a sh!t either
I have been towed into a rather large wave (for me) its not hard. Scary when you realize oh sh!t what I have gotten myself into.

my good buddy has some epic tales . He was skindogs neighbors for years and got dragged along to drive in early days.
wrecked skis , wiping out and getting mowed . Seems they had no idea what the fick they were doing then

love it when he has some tequila and tells those stories!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
He probably isn't bullshitting.

Kai has probably towed him into a few.

Lots of people who can barely surf have been towed into big waves.

Maya Gabeira gets towed into Chopes and she can barely paddle into a wave and stand up.
yeah I know a few dorks who can't do a cutback but have shoulder hopped 15 footers on the outer reefs when it's just barely capping.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
IMO, everything on this thread is cringy AF. (except for santacruzin's post)

I live in SB, so I get the "Really hate rich fvckers" attitude, but at some point you just gotta ignore that sh!t and get on with YOUR life.

WGAF? :waving:

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

I live in SB, so I get the "Really hate rich fvckers" attitude, but at some point you just gotta ignore that sh!t and get on with YOUR life.

Of course. Worrying about peripheral bullshit is exhausting.

At the same time, with something like surfing where you pay a lot of dues with repeated failure/punishment in the effort to get competent/good at it, it is a bit of a perversion when someone just throws the cash down to buy something without truly earning it.

Passion vs. bankrolled fleeting experience to then mass-market

The former is worthy of respect, the latter is soulless.

Reactions: PPK96754

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
Zuck will be a team rider soon, along with Jonah Hill. As soon as he buys the team of course, along with Kelly's wave pool, a board factory, and more of Kauai.

• Haha
Reactions: Boneroni

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I have been towed into a rather large wave (for me) its not hard. Scary when you realize oh sh!t what I have gotten myself into.

my good buddy has some epic tales . He was skindogs neighbors for years and got dragged along to drive in early days.
wrecked skis , wiping out and getting mowed . Seems they had no idea what the fick they were doing then

love it when he has some tequila and tells those stories!
I stopped getting towed shortly after starting because it was “too easy”.

Too easy to get yourself into some serious trouble.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

There's rich and then there's literally Zuckerberg. Can afford to live in SB and spend a month at Tavarua, cool.

The tales of rich people flying an MMA fighter and a pro surfer halfway around the world when they could wobble just as awkwardly at San-O, Waikiki, or Cocoa Beach is a different animal.

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
all the money in the world...and fancies himself a surfer....bet he CAN'T
do a late takeoff...:nana: