Maps to Nowhere Ep 1

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
A long trip to surf an 'ok' wave.

I'm usually pretty quick at finding stuff on google maps, but this one has me stumped.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
A long trip to surf an 'ok' wave.

I'm usually pretty quick at finding stuff on google maps, but this one has me stumped.
There are several YouTube videos of the same location - one from 13 years ago, with a bigger swell than the O'Neill video, so it is not particularly "secret"

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I know! And I thought I knew where it was (Fanning Island), but it wasn't.

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Clips on YouTube, the place they stayed has a Facebook listing - have y'all found it yet?

OneBadShredda

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2002
Clips on YouTube, the place they stayed has a Facebook listing - have y'all found it yet?
Obviously not an easy place to get to, and an even tougher place to time a swell due to those difficulties and the narrow swell angle that works. I was there on a boat years ago and our well travelled captain claimed it was the best reef setup for surfing he’s ever seen. It’s pretty hard to dispute that watching video.

Reactions: JSC

JSC

Nep status
Mar 11, 2008
Yes, there are several clips on YouTube that name the location - one from 13 years ago that shows a bigger swell than in the O'Neill video.

I thought this was supposed be a series on new locations - not known waves with clips on YouTube and a Facebook listing for the accommodations -

surfline and O'Neill should be working with The surfEXPLORE® Group, obviously.

We are holding, including a certain tropical location with a different 200 meter long left reef wave, in a group of islands better known for righhanders . . . sound familiar?