Manliest Tattoo Thread

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
To say that Nancy is a simple gag strip about a simple-minded slot-nosed kid is to miss the point completely. Nancy only appears to be simple at a casual glance. Like architect Mies van der Rohe, the simplicity is a carefully designed function of a complex amalgam of formal rules laid out by the designer. To look at Bushmiller as an architect is entirely appropriate, for Nancy is, in a sense, a blueprint for a comic strip. Walls, floors, rocks, trees, ice-cream cones, motion lines, midgets and principals are carefully positioned with no need for further embellishment. And they are laid out with one purpose in mind—to get the gag across. Minimalist? Formalist? Structuralist? Cartoonist![15]

:unsure:

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
for subway, just in case...

when i was going to SVA, i said to one of my best friends, “hey, we’re artists, we ougtta be able to come up with some cool tattoos”. so this became a somewhat regular topic for a few months...

so after weeks of heavy thought, i decided i was gonna get NANCY done on my right arm.
i even collaged up exactly what the art should be. i had her holding a gun that i resized that came from chester gould (dick tracy). in the alternate version she was just holding an umbrella.

the idea was, instead of the usual slutty bikini babe/hula chick/generic whore/prostitute you got NANCY - real sex!
pretty conceptual huh? :socrazy:

my girlfriend told me i was an idiot, so it never got done. just as well, ‘cause later on i found out about an artist that used nancy in almost all of his work - but for a while i thought i was ahead of the curve...

afterthought.... my SVA friend went on to be a pretty well known cartoonist - he never got any work done either.
Why would anyone what Oprah holding a gun, inked?
Offing herself?

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
Why would anyone what Oprah holding a gun, inked?
Offing herself?
do yourself a favor and check out the artist KAZ (kaz’s underworld). sometimes “black nancy” made an appearance.

an old girlfriend’s roomate at georgetown was this really sharp black girl - i always called her black nancy, but another friend thought that up...

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
for subway, just in case...

when i was going to SVA, i said to one of my best friends, “hey, we’re artists, we ougtta be able to come up with some cool tattoos”. so this became a somewhat regular topic for a few months...

so after weeks of heavy thought, i decided i was gonna get NANCY done on my right arm.
i even collaged up exactly what the art should be. i had her holding a gun that i resized that came from chester gould (dick tracy). in the alternate version she was just holding an umbrella.

the idea was, instead of the usual slutty bikini babe/hula chick/generic whore/prostitute you got NANCY - real sex!
pretty conceptual huh? :socrazy:

my girlfriend told me i was an idiot, so it never got done. just as well, ‘cause later on i found out about an artist that used nancy in almost all of his work - but for a while i thought i was ahead of the curve...

afterthought.... my SVA friend went on to be a pretty well known cartoonist - he never got any work done either.
SVA was the place everyone said they were going when what they were really just doing was couch surfing around nyc, drinking all the free booze and doing all the blow they could find :jamon: :cheers: ;)

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
SVA was the place everyone said they were going when what they were really just doing was couch surfing around nyc, drinking all the free booze and doing all the blow they could find :jamon: :cheers: ;)
accurate assessment.

post sva, equipped with a fresh bfa, we called it ‘freelancing’.:beer:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

donuts

Tom Curren status
Jan 23, 2005
@ the fun house
got some info on this one...

0BF494F6-0574-4AF4-B8A3-CD3F5A534EA8.jpeg

got arrested in portland for smashing a skooter through a bank window...:roflmao:

22 years old, the manly tattoos ensure mucho sex for the next ten years...:loser: