Maldives, worth it?

mpequignot

OTF status
Nov 4, 2009
Used to hesitate to post about the place but since it's plastered all over top travel lists these days...check out what used to be called Nihiwatu on Sumba (now "Nihi"). Perfect for a honeymoon and surf...especially if you're goofy. I'm regular....but not much to complain about there (unless you jump into the "private" wave debate).

Last edited:

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
A delayed honeymoon. Her vacation dates just got pushed up two weeks to early April so I'm thinking my odds of worthwhile surf in the Maldives are down the tubes. Probably just going "honeymoon" somewhere non surfy in the windward islands and save up for a Namotu trip...I cant get in trouble for surfing too much on my honeymoon if it's not the "honeymoon"

Reactions: MathDebater

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Any of you guys hit the Maldives in Sept/Oct? If so how was it?

Thinking of going there for our honeymoon. We've already done Fiji, Indo a bunch of times. She's mostly a longboarder, and had a tougher time when it got bigger when we were in the playgrounds area (Ments).

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When I stayed on Namotu we drank too much Kava saying we could not feel anything as we stood in a storm. Then when I went to take a **** in the night I walked into the wrong bure with everyone sleeping.

I walked in and saw someone was in my bunk.

When I realized, I ran out.

Good times!

• Wow
Reactions: Northern_Shores

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
Any of you guys hit the Maldives in Sept/Oct? If so how was it?

Thinking of going there for our honeymoon. We've already done Fiji, Indo a bunch of times. She's mostly a longboarder, and had a tougher time when it got bigger when we were in the playgrounds area (Ments).

hit it three times in September scored every time just go and enjoy Sultans September 2 years ago pic below incredible , yeahs there's people your gonna get your waves and she will be fine reef really nonexistent compared to Indo Mentawi's Fiji

8e505390-a43a-4f40-bfd3-4421076f92b9.jpg
5F5C94E5-A2F6-465B-AB25-E003760FED2B.jpg