Maldives - Pasta Point

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
I've been wanting to surf the Maldives, and am thinking of making it a trip with the family. Kids (teenagers) don't surf, mom likes to chill by pool. Is it worth staying at the Dhonveli resort knowing that only resort guests have access to Pasta Point? Is there enough stuff for kids and wife to not get bored? Also, what is the best season wind-wise? I've heard it can be windy AF.

btesser

OTF status
Jul 18, 2005
LA
Visit site
I've been wanting to surf the Maldives, and am thinking of making it a trip with the family. Kids (teenagers) don't surf, mom likes to chill by pool. Is it worth staying at the Dhonveli resort knowing that only resort guests have access to Pasta Point? Is there enough stuff for kids and wife to not get bored? Also, what is the best season wind-wise? I've heard it can be windy AF.
Don't have any answers for you, yet... But I will be there from 9/4 through 9/12 and will let you know. Supposedly September is prime season wind-wise. I'm hoping the surfer-limit keeps the crowd manageable.

Reactions: sizzld1

isurfcardiff

OTF status
May 8, 2014
Don't have any answers for you, yet... But I will be there from 9/4 through 9/12 and will let you know. Supposedly September is prime season wind-wise. I'm hoping the surfer-limit keeps the crowd manageable.
Awesome! Hope you score! Enjoy your trip and fill me in when you return.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Didn't go to Donveli but I did go to Hudhuranfushi (Lohi's left).

I'm sure Pasta Point is a better wave, but Lohi's and the surrounding waves were definitely fun. Lot's to do on the island for the family as well.

I'd love to go to Pasta too one day.

Reactions: isurfcardiff

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh

I'm there the 9th to the 25th where you out of amigo? got a buddy coming down from the Basque Country were doing Kudda Hurra