Malcom Campbell Alpha Omega Twin ride report....UPDATE!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Haha. Yeah, AO definitely the most forward-placed of any of my current twin fins: the others are pretty much GG-inspired/approved. Been a while.
There's a lot going on with this boar...
Key and I had to to rip off a normal placed pad then go wax and then I went astro dek CF wide pad lined up start of kick with back of fin "Sorry pad police":drowning: After never had issues with back foot and got some great back side hacks since:waving:

sdsurfrat

Michael Peterson status
Jun 2, 2008
Negative only Alpha Omega if your back foot is not over twin cluster during turn:shaka: Never had this issue surfing 5 fin MC bonzer and sure 3 fin would be same:shrug:
I have owned about 10 bonzers (5 fin, 3 fin) around the mid 2000's. All had moments of brilliance! 5th gear! and also moments of WTF! Put your hind hoof back like a shortboard and you can spin right out if trying to go vert.
I don't have time for the WTF moments and have moved on.

In the words of GH, a great bonzer shaper, "It's a love hate thing with bonzers."

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have owned about 10 bonzers (5 fin, 3 fin) around the mid 2000's. All had moments of brilliance! 5th gear! and also moments of WTF! Put your hind hoof back like a shortboard and you can spin right out if trying to go vert.
I don't have time for the WTF moments and have moved on.

In the words of GH, a great bonzer shaper, "It's a love hate thing with bonzers."
My bumblebee 5'6" and semi gun 7'1" both tested in heavy conditions never failed for me and would say reverse that during not so good conditions "mush burgers" bonzer is not the right tool from the shed :shrug:IMHO not all bonzers are created the same so if no Campbell shape does not count:bricks:

Last edited: