Makua VLOG

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I tripped out when I saw a video of Makua wearing a spring suit loaded with floatation swim bubbles in the thighs, back and arms looking like Casper the Ghost in zinc oxide.

Then the video paned to Mason smiling and wearing just board shorts.

Is there such a thing as black short Da Hui anymore? I remember getting a bit of relief seeing Friends of the Da Hui.

Beach Grit needs to get the old guard together, tons of beer, grinds, etc, and film the closed door mic’d up session while playing these insta stories about Hawaiian Living.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Kahuku Town: Most NFL players per capita in the World. Different type of Polynesian there.
had a girlfriend whose dad was the head football coach at carson high back in the days when they kicked everyones ass.

he was pretty stoked that la's samoan community was in his district

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Kahuku Town: Most NFL players per capita in the World. Different type of Polynesian there.
So many NFL players. Aaron Francisco and Chris Kemoeatu played against each other on opposite teams in the Super Bowl. They played on the same team in the state champs at Aloha Stadium as seniors. My classmate Itula Mili played like twelve years for the Seahawks. Now he owns a bunch of L&L's across the western U.S. He was a pretty akamai guy.

Reactions: HarryLopez2

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
I’ve only seen his fishing for GT video and thought it was really good, I liked it.

His sparring at the beginning is fine and on point. I get it, we all have our favorite style. His uppercut wisk is part and parcel. If it gets him fired up, cool.

Liked seeing him include his daughter on the adventure, good dad, which we should all be stoked on.

Older brother always has the tough task.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I’ve only seen his fishing for GT video and thought it was really good, I liked it.

His sparring at the beginning is fine and on point. I get it, we all have our favorite style. His uppercut wisk is part and parcel. If it gets him fired up, cool.

Liked seeing him include his daughter on the adventure, good dad, which we should all be stoked on.

Older brother always has the tough task.
Makua- is that you????

Reactions: SlicedFeet

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
kinda came from nowhere and had a few years as a big wave surfer and ended up with Hawaiian real estate.

looks like a whole lot better gig than pounding nails or hanging drywall.

did Koa do equally as well?

Reactions: Aruka

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
More cringe for everyone

Ha, I thought that was sorta cool too.

Then I Googled him to see what type of wife would deal with him, that’s when I saw he had a Wikipedia profile.

He should use that on you Truth next time he hassels you for pole position in Indo.

You Got Wiki Page Brah? No Can, No Wave.

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
kinda came from nowhere and had a few years as a big wave surfer and ended up with Hawaiian real estate.

Came from nowhere?
If on the beach at Sunset because your old man laundered drug money through real estate development and sold out a community while scaring off other people doing the same, then yeah, Makua came from nowhere.

If by nowhere you mean with minimal talent in performance waves (watched him chase a 4 in a comp at the Lane and surf it down to a 2.8, then scale the rocks and cry about it. To be fair, I've seen Ratboy do the exact. same. thing.) he was able to cobble a pretty successful career, then you are right.

What his personality can't take away from him is the guy charges as hard as anyone else.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

That is his dads house.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
If on the beach at Sunset because your old man laundered drug money through real estate development and sold out a community while scaring off other people doing the same, then yeah, Makua came from nowhere.
This is the biggest issue I have with people on IG glorifying Eddie Rothman. He is a POS. He sold drugs for a living and was a criminal syndicate head. He doesnt give two fcks about the north shore or Native Hawaiians. If he did- he wouldn't have been peddling drugs to Native Hawaiians and the community.

He literally destroyed families, homes, kids lives, etc and people go "oh hes great. Regulates the north shore". Idiots.

I suspect alot of people there think the same but cant really say it there because who would?

HarryLopez2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Sep 11, 2020
Aukai would have been his coach then, right? Only girls WP at Kahuku now, it's a bummer.
Yep, love Aukai! I think Doug Cole was helping him at the time as well. Actually, I've seen Aukai a handful of times up here in OR. He still coaches, in Lake Oswego area, and I was helping out with the local club, so saw him at a few tournaments.

Lame that Kahuku couldn't get the boy's program to stick around, with all the waterman type talent there. Although, I'm sure if the surf was firing, no one would be at practice!

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Yep, love Aukai! I think Doug Cole was helping him at the time as well. Actually, I've seen Aukai a handful of times up here in OR. He still coaches, in Lake Oswego area, and I was helping out with the local club, so saw him at a few tournaments.

Lame that Kahuku couldn't get the boy's program to stick around, with all the waterman type talent there. Although, I'm sure if the surf was firing, no one would be at practice!
Yeah my son was bummed. He was swim team captain and wanted to play but was too lazy to drive to town for club. Oh well. He surfed a lot.