Making waves: These women are challenging ‘skinny and hairless’ surfing stereotypes

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
People are overweight because of our society and our food system. We are dependent on ultra processed food. We are all guilty of indulging.

There are also some people with dysregulated bodily systems from either trauma, illness, or injuries, can cause weight gain. If they are taking SSRIs, or SNRIs, or any type of anti-depressant. They can pack on even more pounds. Narcotics and other pain management medication can also cause extreme weight gain.

Besides- all you fakas making like if she like oof and wanted you to hemo her pantehs, youd say no. smh

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
People are overweight because of our society and our food system. We are dependent on ultra processed food. We are all guilty of indulging.

There are also some people with dysregulated bodily systems from either trauma, illness, or injuries, can cause weight gain. If they are taking SSRIs, or SNRIs, or any type of anti-depressant. They can pack on even more pounds. Narcotics and other pain management medication can also cause extreme weight gain.

Besides- all you fakas making like if she like oof and wanted you to hemo her pantehs, youd say no. smh
I don't know what SSRIs, or SNRIs are?

But when it comes to weight management..

Bruh it's the beers and brown booze for me dawg! :beer:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

My grandparents ate nothing but processed food and lived to be almost 100. We're eating too much and not drinking enough coffee and smoking enough cigarettes.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Man, I smoked lights of one brand or another for my entire smoking career, but sometimes nothing beat a red. I would buy a pack and smoke it, and it would scratch the itch for a while…but every few months, especially when accompanying a solid bender or acid trip :jamon: :roflmao:

I do not miss smoking one bit though…was worried I would, but it just doesn’t interest me and it kind of even makes me feel gross when I smell it…I tried one about a year ago just for curiosity and it really did almost make me hurl after a few drags…stubbed it out and that was that.

what a blessing though. I know plenty of guys, like my dad, who kicked booze and/or drugs but could never kick the smokes. For me it just kind of happened, right before thanksgiving 2019.. . I do use a vape a few times a day as a crutch, but even that is fading in usage and appeal

while I’m done patting myself on the back, I WAS a pretty heavy smoker for 25 years. While a lot of the health damage from smoking supposedly starts to heal or go away within months, and after a few years it’s like you never really smoked, I would realistically imagine being a smoker, and drinker, and sometime drugger, for so many years, has laid me open to higher risk of certain cancers, like lung and throat and liver..

thats cheerful. Pass me the indica

keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com
Man, I smoked lights of one brand or another for my entire smoking career, but sometimes nothing beat a red. I would buy a pack and smoke it, and it would scratch the itch for a while…but every few months, especially when accompanying a solid bender or acid trip :jamon: :roflmao:
Reds were always better than lights.
But even better was Drum hand rolls. Got onto that in Europe my first trip there in '83.
My buddies and I vowed to stop chewing Skoal so we didn't bring any but picked up Drum hand rolls as soon as we got there. :foreheadslap:
And there was the filterless cigs like Lucky Strike and Pall Mall. Those would leave you dizzy.
You could always rip off the filter of a Red though. That was the best.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My dad started smoking camel “regulars” (unfiltered) in Vietnam and never stopped…his heart was badly damaged by agent orange, but smoking those for 50 years didn’t do his already banged up heart any favors

I’d buy a pack of those too, occasionally, to enjoy nostalgically (years ago now of course- one of those now would def make me spit)

Reactions: keenfish

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
That's the majority of people that I see most nights that come into the restaurant to eat. Trips me out that folks get that overweight .... Party of seven women last night, all in the same overweight bracket ~ The Fattening of America ~

Them skinny Chinese warmongers are just bidding there time ....just a waiting to push the fat Americans into one big ball of brown ~

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I was oversight for a while and it was 100 percent from drinking.

once I could smoke herb and stopped drinking 12 beers and instead had 2 beers and a bowl I lost weight extremely fast and haven’t gained it back.

i look at my friends drinking and honestly shocking people can eat that much. I watched my friend the other night mop a full plate lunch plus 6 spring rolls in one sitting. I don’t even eat that much in a day

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Can anyone explain this mantra which seems de rigeur now in certain woke discourses.

ie "You can't be it if you can't see it"

ie fat people can't surf until they see other fat people surf.

Since when did that become a thing in human affairs?

how the fcuk did they get up Everest for eg?

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD