Make America Uniquely Anglo-Saxon Again?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Embattled GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz of Florida, who is under federal investigation over allegations involving sex trafficking and prostitution, tweeted Friday, "I'm proud to join @mtgreenee in the #AmericaFirst Caucus. We will end wars, stop illegal immigration & promote trade that is fair to American workers. This is just a hit piece from the America Last crowd in Big Media, Big Tech & Big Government.""

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Isn't longing for a better vanished time a conservative thing?
It’s Sunday, there are 40 pilgrims out and more showing up. 20 years ago you wouldn’t see 40 different people surfing here in a month. No fish either.

Everything else is pretty much the same. Except I’m old. You too!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It’s Sunday, there are 40 pilgrims out and more showing up. 20 years ago you wouldn’t see 40 different people surfing here in a month. No fish either.

Everything else is pretty much the same. Except I’m old. You too!
ISn't being conservative an old people thing?

What color are they?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Eh, messaging could have done better

These dumbasses should have known, despite the historical accuracy, how this phrasing would have been received

Especially when we're in a period of time where history needs to be ignored unless it focuses on the plight of queer female brown people

Reactions: GDaddy

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
ISn't being conservative an old people thing?

What color are they?
For me and mine, I try to conserve what we have because it’s enough for us, I don’t see any future in using more resources than we need while others go without.

Human.

Reactions: GDaddy

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
For me and mine, I try to conserve what we have because it’s enough for us, I don’t see any future in using more resources than we need while others go without.

Human.
I have a conservative streak too.

My dad would tease me, calling me his "little ascetic."

Longing for the past is natural but it's a dead end.

As far as the crowd . . . I feel so much better since I officially quit surfing.

Let them have it.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Eh, messaging could have done better

These dumbasses should have known, despite the historical accuracy, how this phrasing would have been received

Especially when we're in a period of time where history needs to be ignored unless it focuses on the plight of queer female brown people
These people are bad at branding.

But remember MTG is an aggressive idiot.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I have a conservative streak too.

My dad would tease me, calling me his "little ascetic."

Longing for the past is natural but it's a dead end.

As far as the crowd . . . I feel so much better since I officially quit surfing.

Let them have it.
I don’t long for the past. I got my share, it’s worked out good for me in spite of some retard choices that people that build their lives around surfing make.

Life is a dead end. The last dead end. The older you get, the more people you see kick out, some more gracefully than others.

Joe Sharkey came back.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Absolutely, pretty much defines conservatism. Nostalgia might be a harder drug to quit than heroin.
I’d say get back to me in 25 years but the chances I’ll be around in 25 years are bleak.

If you make it maybe you’ll remember when you used to surf. Good luck!

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
When my people came here there was no safety net. It was adapt or die. Sellout or starve. America isn't doing that any more. Now we're committed to carrying those among the newcomers who can't or won't adapt. This is having an effect on these outcomes.

So no, the feminized participation award program we're running now is nowhere near the moral equivalent of expecting people to exercise personal responsibility for their outcomes.

If you can take it then you can have it, and good for you. But if you require (the state to compel) me to give it to you then it doesn't belong to you and you are not morally entitled to it on the no-strings-attached basis. Which reasoning, BTW, applies to everyone other than the old/infirm and the widows/orphans.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
"committed to carrying those among the newcomers who can't or won't adapt."

Can you give some specific to support this generalization?

I'm not saying you are wrong.

Just wondering what you are basing this on.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Back in the day something like 30% of immigrants ended up returning to their points of origin because they couldn't or wouldn't adapt. Whether that's the result of not learning the language or not submitting to the expectations of others or changing their names to fit in or any number of other survival strategies that it takes to join the herd.

Our society now has entitlement programs. We pay people who don't work whether they're infirm or not. We subsidize people and provide services to them that they would otherwise be incapable of providing for themselves. That includes the recent "stimulus' handouts, which if the feds weren't paying them out would profoundly alter the level of support people have for these lockdowns.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Exactly. We have altered our principles and now disavow the virtues of self sufficiency and resilience and many of the associated strategies that mankind has engaged in furtherance of their own survival. We now engage in supporting people on the unconditional basis. There's arguably a point of diminishing returns for that, which we surpassed a long time ago when it was only the infirm and widows/orphans who were destitute through (truly) no fault of their own.

That changes the math on the morality of an open door immigration policy, just as one example of many. The adverse effects on the primacy of the family unit in society is another example. The adverse effects on the operating environment our teachers work in is another example. Heck, even having public schools is an example.

If I drop you and your family into Russia without a monthly entitlement you're going to be highly motivated to do whatever it takes to survive. Or, you're going to be highly motivated to leave.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
We're not back in the day anymore. We're now. That phrase above defines conservatism.
On occasion it’s beneficial to understand how you got to where you’re at to help guide you into the future. Is that, in and of itself, a process diametrically opposed to liberalism as you define it? Since you’re defining.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Exactly. We have altered our principles and now disavow the virtues of self sufficiency and resilience and all the strategies that mankind has engaged in furtherance of their own survival. We now engage in supporting people on the unconditional basis. There's arguably a point of diminishing returns for that, which we surpassed a long time ago when it was only the infirm and widows/orphans who were destitute through (truly) no fault of their own.

That changes the math on the morality of an open door immigration policy, just as one example of many.
I never thought I’d see the homeless problem that exists up there, if that can’t be dealt with an open door immigration is the least of your worries.

Do you even yard work?