Mainland Mex in February

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I got a wedding near by Sayulita coming this February I’m going too. Thinking about staying down there for a few weeks but not sure about surf. Baja is an option, but wouldn’t mind staying on the mainland, especially since I’ll have the lady in tow for the wedding. She’d be happy to tag along for the surfing part if I found a spot for her to chill.

any suggestions of zones to look at or places that time of year?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I got a wedding near by Sayulita coming this February I’m going too. Thinking about staying down there for a few weeks but not sure about surf. Baja is an option, but wouldn’t mind staying on the mainland, especially since I’ll have the lady in tow for the wedding. She’d be happy to tag along for the surfing part if I found a spot for her to chill.

Did Michoacan twice that time of year, scored one time, the other was typical off season head high and under stuff.

Reactions: manbearpig

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach

If there's enough West in the swell there are some options round Punta Mita.

I am not sure if any of the accommodations around Pascuales are up to M'Lady's standards or if she'll recoil in horror, but that's a pretty tough place to get straight unrideable skunked.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

I am not sure if any of the accommodations around Pascuales are up to M'Lady's standards or if she'll recoil in horror, but that's a pretty tough place to get straight unrideable skunked.
She’s a trooper as long as there’s a beach for her to chill at and the rooms decent enough. I’ll take a look around there.

February is good season there. Get back to me when you’re getting closer, I have a contact for you.
I appreciate that and will get in touch when it’s closer :cheers:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Any place with decent SW exposure in Mex and Cento is almost never flat by EC standards.

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site

I haven't been down there in a long time but there used to be a couple of decent hotels in Tecoman. I think the El Real was the nicest one in town. Good hotcakes and real brewed coffee. Scored some of the best rights of my life at the river mouth one February week in the early 90s. Hotel Gina was always clean but I haven't been there in 15 years....
The drive may be a grind but you could stay in Manzanillo at Las Hadas. I think it's about 40-45 min drive to Pascuales. Pretty cool resort but $$$$. It's where the movie Ten was filmed.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I haven't been down there in a long time but there used to be a couple of decent hotels in Tecoman. I think the El Real was the nicest one in town. Good hotcakes and real brewed coffee. Scored some of the best rights of my life at the river mouth one February week in the early 90s. Hotel Gina was always clean but I haven't been there in 15 years....
The drive may be a grind but you could stay in Manzanillo at Las Hadas. I think it's about 40-45 min drive to Pascuales. Pretty cool resort but $$$$. It's where the movie Ten was filmed.
Edgar looks like he's upped his game based on newer photos. I haven't been by there since 2019. Got Covid-ed in 2020 and Caned in 2021.

Tecoman is roots but it's a blast furnace swelter show.

Reactions: npsp

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
'89 flew to Manzanillo stopped couple days in Colima before heading to pascuales about 45-60 minute trip if I remember:waving:

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Colima is a really cool town.
Went into town from pascuales with this Columbian guy who lived in Florida to score some pot and we scored a ride back in the bed of a dump truck smokin' joints and passing a bottle of tequila around:cheers: