Macron: Not Fvcking Around

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
humans have existed for thousands of years before the invention of vaccines. survival of the fittest, sorry your weak geriatric body can't beat the virus on its own
both COVID and the COVID vaccines trigger the immune system to be stronger against that disease - the end result is the same (assuming no death or long term effects from either COVID or vaccine).

So if you don't get COVID and don't get vaccinated then you will be weaker than someone who has been vaccinated (and survived vaccine).

Reactions: LifeOnMars

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The Biden administration screwed up. They should have said "the vaccine will not be given to any more trump supporters." Then the rubes would have crashed the barricades to get it.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
both COVID and the COVID vaccines trigger the immune system to be stronger against that disease - the end result is the same (assuming no death or long term effects from either COVID or vaccine).

So if you don't get COVID and don't get vaccinated then you will be weaker than someone who has been vaccinated (and survived vaccine).
I'll take my chances, again I'm early 30s and completely healthy. Had family members much older and in much worse physical shape beat the virus before the vaccine. Tested a number of times for travel and came back negative, still probably had it somewhere in between.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I'll take my chances, again I'm early 30s and completely healthy. Had family members much older and in much worse physical shape beat the virus before the vaccine. Tested a number of times for travel and came back negative, still probably had it somewhere in between.
You're cull worthy. Survival of the fittest.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The Biden administration screwed up. They should have said "the vaccine will not be given to any more trump supporters." Then the rubes would have crashed the barricades to get it.
He should have heaped praise on Trump for spearheading the vaccine and named it after him.They’d be lining up for it.

Reactions: mundus

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I'm taking my chances too. I pulled the trigger on Astrazeneca shot number 1. At about a million to one in my favour I'm completely comfortable with those Russian roulette odds. You scared of the vaccine?

Your statement "probably had it somewhere in between" is worthless. Without a positive test there is no way of knowing.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Your statement "probably had it somewhere in between" is worthless. Without a positive test there is no way of knowing.
I know a couple of anti-vaxxers who claim to have had COVID, without ever been tested positive, and use that as a reason not to get vaccinated.

:foreheadslap:

Along with a string of other reasons like "it's only been approved for emergency use, therefore unsafe".

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
I know a couple of anti-vaxxers who claim to have had COVID, without ever been tested positive, and use that as a reason not to get vaccinated.

:foreheadslap:

Along with a string of other reasons like "it's only been approved for emergency use, therefore unsafe".
Even having testing positive is not a contraindication to get vaccinated, but maybe delay it. Different countries have different recommendations on how long to wait after testing positive before getting vaccinated.

Reactions: plasticbertrand