Macron: Not Fvcking Around

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
Go ahead and breathe that Corona in deep. I trust that the virus will do the right thing.
humans have existed for thousands of years before the invention of vaccines. survival of the fittest, sorry your weak geriatric body can't beat the virus on its own

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I thought the whole point of the Covid vaccine was you'd be better off if you were vaccinated and did wind up getting Covid, eg less likely to require hospitalization (missing work) and die (missing life).

Given that, I'm not sure why Macron and the rest of my ilk cares. If it's 90-something percent unvaccinated people winding up in the hospitals or the ground, move the Olympics to Red States, make admission free, and anyone who shouts anything "undesirable" gets a free beer.

The Covid spread ooh scary map appears to be the Ozarks, Midland, some left-leaning counties in Texas on the Rio Grande and Greater Jacksonville - and the numbers for sub/ex urban Nassau and Baker counties are worse than Duval, in spite of being hilariously less dense.

To paraphrase President Obama, at this point, Covid is voter suppression I can believe in.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I thought the whole point of the Covid vaccine was you'd be better off if you were vaccinated and did wind up getting Covid, eg less likely to require hospitalization (missing work) and die (missing life).

Given that, I'm not sure why Macron and the rest of my ilk cares. If it's 90-something percent unvaccinated people winding up in the hospitals or the ground, move the Olympics to Red States, make admission free, and anyone who shouts anything "undesirable" gets a free beer.

The Covid spread ooh scary map appears to be the Ozarks, Midland, some left-leaning counties in Texas on the Rio Grande and Greater Jacksonville - and the numbers for sub/ex urban Nassau and Baker counties are worse than Duval, in spite of being hilariously less dense.

To paraphrase President Obama, at this point, Covid is voter suppression I can believe in.

I think there's also the possibility of evolution of new strains that people are worried about.

I think people are starting to get worried again. I was at a wawa yesterday and probably 30-40% of the people (not employees, but customers) had masks on.

Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I think there's also the possibility of evolution of new strains that people are worried about.

I think people are starting to get worried again. I was at a wawa yesterday and probably 30-40% of the people (not employees, but customers) had masks on.
30-40% in New Jersey isn't winning any elections. Let Macron do what he wants and Biden can try to frame himself as far more lenient than France (gasp) and I bet that'll be politically popular. Especially compared to another round of lockdowns.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
30-40% in New Jersey isn't winning any elections. Let Macron do what he wants and Biden can try to frame himself as far more lenient than France (gasp) and I bet that'll be politically popular. Especially compared to another round of lockdowns.

I'm not talking about winning elections. I'm talking about the psychology of hearing so much in the news about the delta variant and the number of people who choose not to get vaccinated. That's going to creep into some people's heads.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I'm not talking about winning elections. I'm talking about the psychology of hearing so much in the news about the delta variant and the number of people who choose not to get vaccinated. That's going to creep into some people's heads.
I hear you on that. I'm just saying, if you want Trump to win in 2024, get Biden to follow in Macron's footsteps.

You get the spike now, back to school, over the holidays, and we're closer to herd immunity Summer 2022, you might not be watching Speaker Gaetz or Speaker Taylor-Greene introduce Articles of Impeachment in January 2023.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
This is the reason. More opportunity to mutate. That is what they say they are afraid of. Was sent this this morning:

Eater is basically clickbait, but still...

I like Macron's idea.

America's conspiratorial culture is infecting the ROW.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The anti vaxxers will be at fault for any upcoming restrictions, good job tards. The fact that so many people are willing sicken and die to make Biden look bad is absurd. Not to mention all of R's encouraging the anti vaxxers have been vaxxed, there is no end to the hypocrisy of the Republican party.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
The anti vaxxers will be at fault for any upcoming restrictions, good job tards. The fact that so many people are willing sicken and die to make Biden look bad is absurd. Not to mention all of R's encouraging the anti vaxxers have been vaxxed, there is no end to the hypocrisy of the Republican party.
seems like the Covidtards want this thing to go on forever

Reactions: $kully

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
TOE THE LINE!