Luke Short Designs' Noa model

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
We used to produce licensed LSD surfboards. It kind of fell by the wayside. Luke had a phone consultation with each USA order, (that may have been the ultimate rub) and then there were a couple of guys that were authorized to finish them out and we had them glassed locally. I think by the time everybody was paid and all the hassle gone through, it just didn't pencil out.

Blanks are going up by the way. Frankly, prepare for everything to go up.

Last edited:

Havoc

Phil Edwards status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
anyone subscribe to noel's patreon? i like his reviews bc he's trying to keep them unbiased. the board makeers don't like that haha. rusty and dhd seem to not like him bc he didn't like their boars. so instead of using feedback to improve their designs they just stopped sending him boards lol.

i'm gonna subscribe to his patreon so that he can keep the reviews unbiased and help us from buying turds.

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
Says he would have preferred it in EPS, but I thought he looked twitchier than usual on the 5'6"
I fully agree. I haven‘t been a shortboard in years but still like to think I sorta know what’s going on.

He’s surfing it from a traditional shortboard approach - bottom turn, off the top, to the flats, roundhouse, repeat.

It looks slow then twitchy to me with this type of surfing.

I bet the board is geared to the next frontier. Fast late take-off, mid face slight bottom turn, extend your stance, launch in the air. Probably flys like a bat surfing it mid face and beyond

Last edited:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
anyone subscribe to noel's patreon? i like his reviews bc he's trying to keep them unbiased. the board makeers don't like that haha. rusty and dhd seem to not like him bc he didn't like their boars. so instead of using feedback to improve their designs they just stopped sending him boards lol.

i'm gonna subscribe to his patreon so that he can keep the reviews unbiased and help us from buying turds.
He looked very good on the DH 3DV

Reactions: Dick Bananas

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I fully agree. I haven‘t been a shortboard in years but still like to think I sorta know what’s going on.

He’s surfing it from a traditional shortboard approach - bottom turn, off the top, to the flats, roundhouse, repeat.

It looks slow then twitchy to me with this type of surfing.

I bet the board is geared to the next frontier. Fast late take-off, mid face slight bottom turn, extend your stance, launch in the air. Probably flys like a bat surfing it mid face and beyond
It's a standard, no surprises shorty. But not meant to be miniaturised and ridden in super soft waves.

Hazrus

Nep status
Sep 23, 2016
I thought he looked better than normal on the longer one. looks Like a great east coast Oz board.

doc_flavonoid

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 27, 2019
Is Salsa selling fins and tractions pads out of his garage now?
used to be called product placement. so yeah, youre being sold. guy comes across as such a tool, but whatever it plays well to the souther surf demographic

Last edited:
Reactions: daave

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I enjoy his reviews he puts tons of time into his reviews and it shows.