Lowest-bullshit way to buy good used boards for N Shore?

emmohl80

Nep status
Oct 17, 2010
Oahu prob the easiest place in the world to find used sticks. Especially on the NS after the tour came thru. Gave all my boards to my buddies back east and loaded up when I moved out there. I'm 6'3 and never had an issue finding boards for great prices.
Used to blow all my E-3 pay out there haha.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I ordered an Arakawa recently, top notch stuff, top notch service from a world class shaper and I dealt with him directly ( I don’t order boards from guys that don’t deal directly with the customer)

Reactions: LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I ordered an Arakawa recently, top notch stuff, top notch service from a world class shaper and I dealt with him directly ( I don’t order boards from guys that don’t deal directly with the customer)
it's imperative to get the dimensions within 1/16 of a ball hair for maximum shreddage. you're on 23.4789 liters of volume these days if I'm remembering correctly?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Someone mentioned him above, but Carl Schaper has a shop in Waialua Mill. He does all Losts boards and is very talented, and underrated. I think his customs and stock are around $550? Maybe less. He's also a bigger guy, probably 6'2 x 200, so he has bigger boards in stock. Last time I went there he had maybe 60+ boards in stock, including some nice feeling step ups - Im 6'1 195.

Reactions: PJ

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
View attachment 124657

They all say imported. Even da islands getting their funboards made in Thailand or what?
Surfboars, especially not soft top longboars are hard to come by. HIC/Surfboard Factory scanned Steve Morgan’s most popular mini-tanks, fishes and hp longboars and had a bunch made in Asian. The HIC boars without the shapers logo, made in Hawaii lam or shapers signature are the Asian made boars. The authentic Morgan’s are all hand shaped, no cnc precuts. Uncle Steven told me the factory where the pop-outs are built but I forgot. Probably Cobra. I was giving him crap for the pop outs and he said the glassers can’t make local boars fast enough.

To be honest the boars look good, but one look at the price and all the missing shaper logos clued me in that they were made overseas. New 9’0 lb with fin goes for $695. They even ran holiday sales where you get a 10% credit of the boar price toward accessories like deck pads, leashes, bags etc.

shaheeb

OTF status
Feb 24, 2013
HIC is good people, and good deals on boards, You could/should order a Tokoro (kerry) from them, great glassing in my experience when they were getting boars done by eric. Not 100% sure if they are using the same glass shop anymore.

the wife er i mean boss and I used to order lots of boards from them(erics) but the HIC/Eric collab ended awhile back

Reactions: Sprinkles695

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
HIC is good people, and good deals on boards, You could/should order a Tokoro (kerry) from them, great glassing in my experience when they were getting boars done by eric. Not 100% sure if they are using the same glass shop anymore.

the wife er i mean boss and I used to order lots of boards from them(erics) but the HIC/Eric collab ended awhile back
So, get a time machine would be your advice to the OP?

:shrug:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: