Lowers Pro - BOMB South - near miss

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Absolute BOMB on the charts. Unfortunately it looks like the final day will be held just as the forerunners from this storm are starting to show. Lowers should be pushing double overhead plus starting the day after the contest holding period ends, May 3-4-5th. Brazzos are stocked!

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Even if it is maxing during the event is there really anything for the brazzos to be worried about? It's Trestles, not Teahupoo.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
bird. said:
Even if it is maxing during the event is there really anything for the brazzos to be worried about? It's Trestles, not Teahupoo.
My point being that if its under chest high you are pretty much guaranteed to have an all Brazzo showing from the quarters on!

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
GeoPac said:
bird. said:
My point being that if its under chest high you are pretty much guaranteed to have an all Brazzo showing from the quarters on!
Well, a few San Clementeans may sneak through, but yeah, point taken haha.

flyinraptr

Michael Peterson status
Dec 18, 2008
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
Well now .... it appears Nica is going to be firing in May.

Blatant promotional plug here .... :wave2:

My place which sits a measly 100 yds away from Colorado's is currently available from the 3rd on ... if interested.

http://www.vrbo.com/671511

http://casitapero.weebly.com/

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
GeoPac said:
Absolute BOMB on the charts. Unfortunately it looks like the final day will be held just as the forerunners from this storm are starting to show.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Someone needs to post an official May purple blob swell thread already, come on!

Which spots will be going off? Which internet tough guy is gonna charge some serious s swell juice? How many are going to complain about crowds to the 3 people they brought with them to a surf? Who's gonna ride their grovelers when it's overhead?

Let's do this!

redrider

Gerry Lopez status
Jul 8, 2010
Shadowed by Catalina
Visit site
silentbutdeadly said:
Someone needs to post an official May purple blob swell thread already, come on!

Which spots will be going off? Which internet tough guy is gonna charge some serious s swell juice? How many are going to complain about crowds to the 3 people they brought with them to a surf? Who's gonna ride their grovelers when it's overhead?

Let's do this!
"Overhead Groveler" I like it!! :jam_on:

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
Surfline is going all in
http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/south-pacifics-platinum-potential-next-week_126675/

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Yeah, they are all pulling out of the comp in fear of the mighty Californian waves. Only Simpo would go.

I don`t get the "Brazzos cant surf big waves" thing. It has never been shown they won`t.
The toughguy bigwave bullshit is lame too. Surfing carries no/ very little risk at most levels. Its soft water afterall. A large wave may on rare occations drown someone.Compared to skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing the injury rate in surfing is zero.
When you cry for larger surf to eliminate Flipsy and ADS, you are admitting your own guys cant surf and need to have the playingfield reduced to cutbacks and safetyswoops to stand a chance.